The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!

Go down 
+3
jackprime1
sixtysix
Anomaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Empty
PostSubject: Skully's Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Yes, Dr Ron performed surgery on my poor ol Skully and after a tedious heart and limb transplant the patient has completely recovered and will be able to be discharged home on Monday! Oh the joy! Now Dr Ron took some photos of the operation so please.....and I repeat.....this IS NOT for the weak stomached!!!!

Here is a picture of Skully's new 2824 automatic heart that was flown directly from Switzerland.

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully10

Skully's chest cavity was carefully opened to reveal the faulty quartz ticker. Shame shame shame on "I".

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully11

The non-life supporting organ was gently removed in preparation for the new. Note that Skully's second hand is NOT LUMED!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully12

Skully with extremities removed!!! Time is critical when performing such risky surgery!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully13

The dead quartz ticker on the left and the new life sustaining automatic heart on the right.....NICE!!!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully14

Heart mounted to dial.

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully15

Prior to reattachment of extremities!!! Oh the pressure is building!!!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully16

Skully with new extremities attached! He looks fantastic doesn't he? Notice his new second hand IS LUMED!!!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully17

The new heart and limbs are skillfully replaced and Dr Ron is ready to close after making sure he hasn't left any surgical instruments inside Ol Skully!!! Sponge count please! Hand remover? Caseback opener? Screwdriver?

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully18

These last 4 pics are showing Skully with a huge smile on his face after his surgery and his glow of appreciation to Dr Ron for his undying dedication to putting new life in to worn out watches!!! KUDOS DR RON and thanks for lookin everyone! Wrist shots when Skully gets home next week! As a matter of fact he should be getting home the same day that Mrs bodypeersur1 gets back from Thailand!!!! A FREAKIN FAMILY REUNION!!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully19

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully20

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully21

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Skully22

Last edited by bodypeersur1 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 pm

thanks for letting me do the work on your watch Duff, the operation went well. I'll send it out monday, enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:29 pm

That is just TOO Freaking Cool!

ONLY AT XMT FELLA'S!

Congrats to both patient and Doctor!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Anomaly wrote:
That is just TOO Freaking Cool!

ONLY AT XMT FELLA'S!

Congrats to both patient and Doctor!

This says it best!!

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm

looks great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 pm

Terrific! Thanks for sharing. And now you know for certain that the statement at 6 O'clock is true about the movement at least! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Terrific! Thanks for sharing. And now you know for certain that the statement at 6 O'clock is true about the movement at least! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers

That's for sure thanks to our old buddy Ron! I can't wait to get that lil devil back!!!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 pm

WoW...that is awesome Duff...big kudos to Ron...Enjoy Duff..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:15 pm

That is so freakin' cool!!! I never would have thought of swapping an auto for a quartz, great job Ron!! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers

Congrats to you Duff on the healthy return of Skully!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 am

IT'S A L I V E !!!!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 am

freaking awesome!!! Dr. Ron rocks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:14 am

Nice job Ron, new hand set looks much better!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 am

Unbelievable how AWESOME this is !!!! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_cheers Fantastic job Ron ! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_biggrin
Congratulations Duff ! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! 803574 I REALLY enjoyed seeing Skully come
back to life, even better than before. The new movement, as well
as lumed second hand is out of this world. Following the play by
play was extra fun also. Thanks for the pictures ! Some VERY
cool, as well as VERY nice stuff here ! Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! 46145 Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 am

Cool, Duff! Nothing like the warm heartbeat of an automatic to calm the soul, I always say Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_biggrin
Pretty mean lookin dial Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:34 am

That was great! The new movement really makes that watch a very unique and cool watch.

This also gives me inspiration to try a similar (or have done Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_rolleyes ) project. I am thinking about picking up a watch with a quartz chrono movement and swapping it out with an auto of some sort. Either a Swiss or Japanese would be fine with me. I just got to figure out if a auto movement would fit in the case and whether I can find a dial that will fit as well.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: great pictorial! and now your mod is tremendous!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:41 am

very Kool one, amigo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 am

Duff, that was a great idea! Dr. Ron really knows how to operate.
That is NOW one special watch. Hell, I'm excited for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:39 am

Pretty cool, Ron.

Wear it well, Duffster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!   Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skully\'s Surgery Was A Complete Success!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: