The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devon Works Tread 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Devon Works Tread 1 Empty
PostSubject: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Said to be inspired by industrial conveyor belts along with motorcycles.
The Devon Works Tread 1 uses four 2/1000th of an inch thin belts, which
are operated by individual electric motors. It's an extremely accurate watch
also, due to the optical recognition system which keeps track of each belt.
The motors are powered by a lithium polymer rechargeable cell. That holds the
power for two week intervals. The watch is charged using a wireless sytsem.
Also, the movement in the watch is developed in the United States, and does
not use any suppliers from the watch industry. To tell time you look at the four
belts. Three of them go under a view plate to indicate the time, while a seconds
belt is seen always moving. There are no lubricants used in the pulley system
either. The crystal is temperature compensating, and is said to be bulletproof
too ! Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_eek Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_smile

Any thoughts ?

I got this info from Hodinkee.com, and watch-happening blogspot.

Here are some links, pictures, and a video..

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2010/4/19/the-devon-works-tread-1-space-aged-bullet-proof-haute-horolo.html

http://watch-happening.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-watch-devon-tread-1-concept-watch.html

http://www.devonworks.com/

Devon Works Tread 1 Devon+Tread+1+Concept+Watch
Devon Works Tread 1 Devon+Tread+1+Concept+Watch+3
Devon Works Tread 1 Devon+Tread+1+Concept+Watch+4
Devon Works Tread 1 Devon+Tread+1+Concept+Watch+5
Devon Works Tread 1 2431710-6590283-thumbnail

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 pm

I had one, it was very accurate. Got rid of it because of the burns to my wrist and getting dizzy watching the second belt. Devon Works Tread 1 Kopfschuettel

Got this with the cash out of the Devon Tread1Devon Works Tread 1 Jomashop_2099_122939074
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Docrwm wrote:
I had one, it was very accurate. Got rid of it because of the burns to my wrist and getting dizzy watching the second belt. Devon Works Tread 1 Kopfschuettel

Got this with the cash out of the Devon Tread1Devon Works Tread 1 Jomashop_2099_122939074

Devon Works Tread 1 Lol NICE Doc !..That Patek Philippe looks pretty GREAT ! You have some TERRIFIC taste in watches there sir ! Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Devon Works Tread 1 Lol NICE Doc !..That Patek Philippe looks pretty GREAT ! You have some TERRIFIC taste in watches there sir ! Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_cheers

Thanks, I figure if I'm going to drop 15 LARGE on a watch it ought to have some residual resale value.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 am

cool to see this small machine movement, interesting looking.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Thanks, I figure if I'm going to drop 15 LARGE on a watch it ought to have some residual resale value.

barnbuilder1 wrote:
cool to see this small machine movement, interesting looking.

The price is a bit high on the Tread 1 Doc Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_eek , I guess it's because of the "one of a kind " factor.
That Patek is a one of a kind too though ! Devon Works Tread 1 803574

Ron, I thought it was interesting also. Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_smile Just coming up with an idea like this is
pretty cool. Must be fun telling time on it too !

Thanks guys !

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Tag heur made one with belts before that but had to take the model out of production.Tag said in a press conference that the high cost
of gates replacement serpentine belts and GM's belt tensioner made the model to expensive to service. Plus GM wanted to replace the
water pump during the belt service even though the watch doesn't use one.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:06 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Tag heur made one with belts before that but had to take the model out of production.Tag said in a press conference that the high cost
of gates replacement serpentine belts and GM's belt tensioner made the model to expensive to service. Plus GM wanted to replace the
water pump during the belt service even though the watch doesn't use one.

Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_eek Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_smile Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_cheers Devon Works Tread 1 Lol Funny stuff Sean !..You may have stumbled upon the next
big thing in watches though !...Water pumps ! Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_biggrin I'm going to have to keep an eye
on this ! Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_cyclops Devon Works Tread 1 Suspect

PostSubject: Re: Devon Works Tread 1   Devon Works Tread 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devon Works Tread 1
Page 1 of 1