The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Choices...what would you do?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Choices...what would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Well, I got home about 4:30 today-checked the mail and there is a notice for a package down at the post office. I also needed to go to the optical shop to pick up my new glasses. Back story, I recently had an eye operation which necessitated a profound change in my prescription. Now the Post Office and the optical shop both close at 5. So, do I pick up the package or go get my new glasses? You may have already guessed, if you noticed the forum this thread is in. I went to the post office, so 20/30 in the right eye will remain uncorrected for another day.
So here is my new Damasko DA36. I've been looking for this watch for quite a while. When they do pop up used occasionally-they are snapped up very quickly. Damasko has decided to make a few more so I was able to get a new one. Some quick specs:

ETA 2836-2
40mm case Ice Hardened to 60 HRC
Integrated Anti-Magnetic inner cage
Shockproof
Sapphire crystal
100M WR

If you would like to know more about the watch you can view EZcheeses review at DWC. I was a little surprised at just how yellow the second hand is-but I love it. Its got a nice strap but its Euro weeny sized and I'm using the last hole-I'm going to need to put another strap on it.

Choices...what would you do? DSCF5234

Choices...what would you do? DSCF5227

Choices...what would you do? DSCF5221
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Nice Mark! I can SEE why you chose the watch over the eyes! I too like the yellow seconds hand. It is a part that makes this watch just enough different from the others. It is such an easy read pilot-style that you really won't need the eye correction. I like it Mark. We will have to have another NW gathering soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Nice one, Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Congratulations.

Last edited by Docrwm on Fri May 07, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:00 am

Great story Mark ! Choices...what would you do? Icon_cyclops COOL watch too !..Have to say these Damaskos are
are SHARP looking ! The dial is simple, but extremely vibrant. The hands are
nice and BIG, and that second hand steals the show imho. Choices...what would you do? Icon_smile Can't say
enough about how amazing that finish on the watch is either ! The strap
works perfectly also !..What a NICE pick-up sir, it's an extremely eye-
catching watch ! Congratulations on getting this one, and..Enjoy !!!
I hope the eye feels better by the way ! Choices...what would you do? 803574

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:05 am

Really nice and CRISP.
Should work well with your new bulbs.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:01 am

This time the EYES don't have it...

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:18 am

nice Damasko.best german watch around.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:46 am

Sweet!! Congrats on a beauty!!

Choices...what would you do? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:33 am

Whoa. That is one smooth watch. LOVE IT. Colors are awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:42 am

Great choice Mark. Don't show this good stuff to Tim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Great choice Mark. Don't show this good stuff to Tim.

Too late, see third post. Choices...what would you do? Icon_lol (Funny you say that, Duff, I was looking at their site last night because of this new watch of Marks.)
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks guys. Wore it today on a VE rubber strap I have. I'll need to pay a visit to the Watchprince and see what they have in 20mm extra long leather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:37 am

WOW. Very nice pick up. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choices...what would you do?   Choices...what would you do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choices...what would you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: