The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graham...I don't get it????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Graham...I don't get it???? Empty
PostSubject: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Graham...I don't get it???? Tourist2

I think Graham puts out some REALLY cool looking watches except for the RIDICULOUS pushers and crowns! Take off that WATER PUMP and the rest would be really cool!

What do YOU think?

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:41 pm

That's kind of cool, 30th Anniversary of the Isle of Man TT (motorcycle races).
The Silverstone line has "normal" pushers.
Graham...I don't get it???? 2BLBB-B04A-K60N_big

Graham...I don't get it???? GRM24f[/url]

pictures blatantly stolen from the 'net.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:32 pm

I have to admit, even though the pushers and crowns are a WAY
out there, I kind of like them ! Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_smile Graham...I don't get it???? Alien It's something that sets them
apart imho. However, the watches would look GREAT without those
pushers as well. The dials, and bezels alone are terrific ! Also like
the one Tim is showing with the normal pushers ! Graham...I don't get it???? 803574 Graham is
a VERY interesting brand !..Thanks !

http://www.graham-london.com/collection.en.html

Here is one from the Swordfish Collection too from their website..

Graham...I don't get it???? Grillo_BLACK_big

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

The large trigger pusher came about originally (IIRC) for WWII fighter pilots... they could push it without removing their gloves. Then after the war, navigators in rally cars liked them, because they were easy to hit as the cars was sliding and bouncing around roads. Just Grahams link to tradition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

had my post all ready and got down to Tims! now i can just go +1!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:47 pm

cali kid wrote:
had my post all ready and got down to Tims! now i can just go +1!!

Sorry, buddy.
And in real life, at least to me, the triggers don't seem as large as they do in photos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:49 pm

No problems, i couldnt have said it any better! Graham...I don't get it???? 46145 I'm sure i could have done much worse! Graham...I don't get it???? 91387 All about that tradition we have been talking about! Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm

porschefan wrote:
The large trigger pusher came about originally (IIRC) for WWII fighter pilots... they could push it without removing their gloves. Then after the war, navigators in rally cars liked them, because they were easy to hit as the cars was sliding and bouncing around roads. Just Grahams link to tradition.

Wow !!! Didn't know about this Tim ! Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_biggrin That is not only EXTREMELY cool,
but also makes alot of sense ! Kind of makes these watches, along with
Graham look even more impressive !..Thanks for that info sir ! Graham...I don't get it???? 803574

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Understand the tradition and utility of the huge pushers. Just can't stand the locks and the graphics that they overwhelm their dials with on nearly every watch. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:40 pm

. . . Trev mentioned traditions, the Brits are steeped in them!!!

. . . Also think the Brits have put up some of the best names ever , Hurricane, Spitfire, Dreadnought etc . . etc . . . ( Nimrod was NOT one em though . . . Graham...I don't get it???? 91387 )
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:16 pm

No doubt the paddle pushers are of some utility but they make the watch look too fashion forward to me. Hard for me to picture that watch as a classic years from now. Do rally drivers really fumble around with chronograph watches anymore-like dive computers and flight computers there are better tools for the job now. I would think those tools would be easier to use and read while being tossed about in a rally car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

merichar wrote:
No doubt the paddle pushers are of some utility but they make the watch look too fashion forward to me. Hard for me to picture that watch as a classic years from now. Do rally drivers really fumble around with chronograph watches anymore-like dive computers and flight computers there are better tools for the job now. I would think those tools would be easier to use and read while being tossed about in a rally car.

Well, the original navigators used them after WWII. The drivers are too busy driving, and listening to the navigator 9co-driver) reading the notes from the pace book, But the co-driver will use digital watches (some wear one on each wrist... back-up, I guess). There is also a text system on the cars, for the RH seat to see, getting timing info from base, to either slow up, or speed up, depending on tactics.

http://www.donbarrow.co.uk/orienteering_outdoors.html
http://www.nickygrist.com/ultimate-mk2-co-driver-watch-159-p.asp

Graham...I don't get it???? 0203_03zoom+WRC_Subaru_WRX_STI+Interior_View_Dashboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graham...I don't get it????   Graham...I don't get it???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graham...I don't get it????
Page 1 of 1