The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS

Go down 
AuthorMessage

AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Just signed up, as I am am curious to know who manufactures the chronagrahic movements for the Dunhill Citydiver Facet design, I bought one in 2005, and was in a jewlers having a batterry replacement for my Omega Constallation and discussing Dunhill with the staff who told me Jaeger leCoultre made the movements, not sure I believe this for a 2005 model though have seen that the similar design Facet watches now have the Jaeger internals. Can anyone shed any light?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Welcome to XMT.

I'm sure some of our long time collectors will be able to help you out with that!

PostSubject: Re: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Welcome aboard. Can't help you with your Dunhill question though, sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Dunhill and JLC are part of the richmont group.Dunhill uses mostly eta movements including the eta quartz movements.
Its possible that the 2005 model could have the JLC quartz/mechanical hybred movement in it but the listed jewel count isn't
correct for that movement. 2005 models,from whats listed use 7750 movements.Dunhill makes watches using quartz,automatic and
kinetic.Also,dunhill is mainly a clothing company. watches are just accesories to them.
the 3 hand version uses the eta 2621 movement. The module cost of the JLC is more than any watches base price
in dunhills line up.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:14 pm

I knew SEAN would have the answer!

PostSubject: Re: AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS   AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AUTOMATIC MOVEMENTS
Page 1 of 1