The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Empty
PostSubject: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:23 am

I received my new automatic Invicta 6924 Scuba today. It is the one with the Pepsi colors on the bezel and dial. Here are my impressions of the watch and pictures.

Initial Impressions Right Out Of The Box - it is a solid feeling watch. The bracelet and the case and overall weight is very good. The case is not exactly the same shape as the Oris (obviously), but it does share
some of the "donut" shaped similarities. I like the square date window that does not have the magnifier on the FF crystal, which I like a lot (not having the magnifier)

Colors - the blue and red on the bezel are nice and have a clean and clear metallic look to them. The high texture blue dial color is actually a little different and creates a nice contrast of colors between the bezel and the dial. The markers are all lum, and are the 3 hands. I like the red tipped second hand. Unique.

Bracelet - is VERY solid and thick. The clasp is as thick as my Zodiac clasps. I am not a fan of the word "Invicta" printed on every center link on the inside of the bracelet, but I can live with that.
** One thing about this bracelet that I think they did wrong is how wide it is. While I LOVE a wide heavy bracelet, this one actually makes the 44mm watch case look smaller. On the similar Oris design their bracelet tapers and it does the opposite and makes the case appear larger. This watch could have had the appearance and impression of a larger watch with a different bracelet design.

The case - is a unique "donut" shaped case. I am not a fan of having Invicta stamped/printed on the left side of the case. In this instance it would have been MUCH better to leave that side blank, since the name is everywhere else. It seems to take something away from the overall impression of the watch. There really is no need for this to be on the case like this. I also am not a fan on this case of the crown guards. I think it would have been nicer to leave the screw down crown by itself on the case.
Listed at 44mm. I calculate 46mm with crown.

The case back - is very nice, decorated, engraved and looks very good IMO. The moving rotor has the script Invicta name and other info printed on it and looks excellent. Well done.

Movement is the SII Caliber NH25A Japanese 21-Jewel Automatic Movement - This is not a smooth sweeping movement. It does not sweep and it basically ticks quickly around the dial. It is not bad, but nothing that makes you go "WOW".

Overall Value thoughts - I got this for $89 on WOW special with $10 gift certificate applied. So a pretty good value for a nice looking solid automatic.

Pictures -

The Invicta 6924
Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924

The back of the Invicta 6924
Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-6

The comparison between the Invicta Scuba and the Oris that some people
requested. Please note that the Oris in these pictures is 47mm and the
Invicta is 44mm.

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-2

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-3

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-4

You can see the "Invicta" stamped on the side of the case -
Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-8

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-5

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-7

Last edited by TVDinner on Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:32 am

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 6924-5

i've got the original scooby, one of two invicta's left! in this picture the straight link bracelet makes the case look so small, the Oris looks much better with the tapered bracelet (even though i would love to take some scotch-brite to it and make it a tool watch)! i know the invicta is only 44mm and the oris looks to be 47mm the bracelet is still too wide on the invicta! IMHO and since we are being honest there is no comparison between the two pieces, the oris blows it away! would be more fair to compare the invicta to the deep blue 1000m!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:36 am

cali kid wrote:

i've got the original scooby, one of two invicta's left! in this picture the straight link bracelet makes the case look so small, the Oris looks much better with the tapered bracelet (even though i would love to take some scotch-brite to it and make it a tool watch)! i know the invicta is only 44mm and the oris looks to be 47mm the bracelet is still too wide on the invicta! IMHO and since we are being honest there is no comparison between the two pieces, the oris blows it away! would be more fair to compare the invicta to the deep blue 1000m!

Cali, I agree 100%. I thought the same thing, but i don't have the deep blue. I agree that the Oris is much nicer, but that is to be expected. I have seen the original scooby, which basically looks exactly the same, and I knew the bracelet was going to be wide, but forgot just how wide it is until I got this newer version.

As I posted above, they could have done some REALLY simple things (WITHOUT ADDED COST to Invicta!) and made this watch better/classier IN MY OPINION.
1) remove the Invicta stamped on the side of the case. The watch is already overbranded so nothing lost, but it would have added to the overall LOOK of the piece.
2) Made the bracelet either narrower all the way around or taper it like they have done on many other models
3) remove the crown guards on the right side of the case.

This is a very nice looking watch otherwise and hard to argue with the value for an auto that has a lot of character. Just yesterday I wore it all day long and I was happy with the weight distribution and overall impression, but I kept thinking about the 3 things I just posted and how easily they could have done these things which probably would have saved them money, while ENHANCING the overall appearance of the watch.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:41 am

If you like it that's all that matters...

Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:57 am

For those of you that have the original Scooby with scuba steve on the back.....

Id be interested in differences between the new and old in thickness with the new display back, weight,
dial (same granite finish?) and so on. Does it come in black? Dont care about the movement.

I loved my original Scooby but was made an offer on it I couldnt refuse and am now sorry I let it go.

BTW, the wide band made it look better on smaller wrists IMHO. Made the watch itself appear smaller.
The Invicta on the case could go but I like the crown guards.

I also have an Oris and in some ways the Invicta bracelet seemed more substantial. Maybe just an impression, not way does it match the Oris otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:18 am

Just my $.02, if you have the ORIGINAL, the Oris, why get the Invicta?

Just sayin...

Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Just my $.02, if you have the ORIGINAL, the Oris, why get the Invicta?

Just sayin...

Here is why.

1) I did not have a pepsi color combination watch in my collection and wanted one.
2) I really like the "Oris style" case and there just really was not many other companies out there using it.
3) I did not have the money right now for a Deep Blue
4) I was not going to pay the initial price for this one when it first aired on the shop, because we all know it drops fast, so I waited.
5) sure enough it dropped real fast and I got it on WOW for under $100 - actually $75 (with gift certificates I had from other purchases)
6) I was not willing to spend more then 75-80, which I was able to do.

Will I keep it, who knows.

Max - I have seen the original one and handled it a few times. As far as I can tell this one is very very close to those. I have heard one person say that the bracelet on this new version is actually a little better. The dial is a unique almost textured sandstone like dial. It definitely has some character.
As far as I can remember the weight is basically the same and the watch (looks wise)
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks, TV

I did look at Slop and found a black dial with black and red bezel BUT it was gold plated!!!! Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Kopfschuettel They have a green version also.

Guess they didnt want to make one JUST like the original for fear of being accused of copying themselves. Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Lol

BTW, nice pics and review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Very nice pick up on the Invicta James!

Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches....Doc
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks guys.

Max - thanks. I think there is an all black version of this one. I am pretty sure I did see it. I will look and see if I can find it and post if I do.

Ron, I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:42 pm

max wrote:
Thanks, TV

I did look at Slop and found a black dial with black and red bezel BUT it was gold plated!!!! Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Kopfschuettel They have a green version also.

Guess they didnt want to make one JUST like the original for fear of being accused of copying themselves. Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Lol

There is this one
Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case J179176?DefaultImage=1&$350x350_jpg$
http://www.shopnbc.com/PRODUCT/?track=-20301;&familyid=J179176&cm_re=Search-_-family-_-N
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Congratulations on getting your new Scuba James ! Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_smile I like that
Oris like case shape alot, and for that price, it seems like you did
VERY well ! The pepsi bezel looks REALLY nice also, and the shape
of those markers is cool too ! Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_cool Hey, and even the hour hand looks
GOOD !..It's great to see the comparison you show between the
Oris and the Invicta by the way. Seeing the differences and similarities
is extremely interesting ! Congratulations once again, and enjoy this
one sir !

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I can live with the crown guards but the name on all they're cases is getting old! They arent the only offenders but no need to have it say invicta in 3 different places and makes it hard to mod! For the price of the watch it would be a no brainer for alot of people, my problem is i bought about 100 of those no brainers in the past and not going to go there again! Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 492736
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:53 pm

TVDinner wrote:
max wrote:
Thanks, TV

There is this one
Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case J179176?DefaultImage=1&$350x350_jpg$
http://www.shopnbc.com/PRODUCT/?track=-20301;&familyid=J179176&cm_re=Search-_-family-_-N

Thats the one!!!! Thanks, perfect except for the price. Now to monitor it for a sale. Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_biggrin

Cali-
Been there, done that, got the bills. Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Nice looking watch.Considering the price and it runs, nice snag and always good to wait for the price to drop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Enjoy, because you wont se this shot very often (invicta on the wrist)

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 004-10

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 006-8

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_3100

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_3099

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_3097

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_1536

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_1537

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case 100_1534
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Let me ask all of you a question - is there a way to get the stamped Invicta on the left side of the case off without destroying the case? Or is the stamp just to deep. i am sure the answer is that you can't do it without messing everything up, but I was wondering.....
Back to top Go down
loosecannon
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:58 pm

hey james long time no talk,i had the one with the 2824 in it but with the braclet so wide it makes the case look even smaller,i love your oris i'm only a month away to have the funds so i will be in that club.i'm down to 5 invicta's left and will never sell 3 of them but i traded trevor my deep blue 1000 so i'm getting the 2000 which is a 46mm with the 2824 and than the oris.once i have that in place i can hang here more.and at your forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:23 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Let me ask all of you a question - is there a way to get the stamped Invicta on the left side of the case off without destroying the case? Or is the stamp just to deep. i am sure the answer is that you can't do it without messing everything up, but I was wondering.....

That is far too deep to take out without changing the entire shape of the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case   Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invicta 6924 - New Scuba with Oris Like Case
Page 1 of 1