The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Empty
PostSubject: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:10 am

This was NOT easy easy to get. Checked every internet site i could find and they were out of stock or shady as all hell. Called 3 Tourneau stores in Manhattan. Turns out the H32616153 (white Jazzmaster auto chrono on bracelet) is unavailable to the US. They were saying 3-4 weeks order from Hamilton.
Drove past Tourneau, saw the usual manager of the affordables dept there, swapped a bracelet from the black dial version instead of the stock leather strap, walked out with THIS:
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05678
The plan was to wait until the fall, but things worked out really well at my job recently and I figured why wait. After I couldn't find this watch anywhere, I looked at many different 7750's in my price range, none impressed me anywhere close to what the Jazzmaster does for me.
Top to bottom, the curve of the watch is perfectly my size.
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05702
A thicker case at 15 millimeters makes it "suitable" for meetings or the beach (though I'm only taking it there for photo shoots, like today.) The bracelet is heavy enough to be a little badass but doesn't make it a 'big' watch. The hidden dual-deployant is seemless enough to be categorized as jewerely, and there's even a half-link to make sizing a dream.
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05693
The detail is extraordinary! Between the polished/brushed bracelet, case, and carved lugs (look close!) the Jazzmaster looks so sweet from any angle.
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05706
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05708
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05664
I'll admit, not the most easily-legible dial! Thin hands, low contrast, and did I mention that miniscule seconds hand??? But my eyes are still young, and I don't mind staring at it for a few seconds. Originally, I thought I always wanted a day/date and tachymeter, but all the other watches with those just didn't hold my interest like this one. Really, it's all about those subdials anyway.
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05703
The movement is the reportedly "indestructable" Valjoux 7750, my first of its caliber. Hamilton went one step further and etched a very nicely decorated rotor!
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05691
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05710

Hamilton really does it right, I looked at a few of their other 7750s and each one was pretty special, and relatively cheap compared to the rest of the store! Read a lot into them recently and looking forward to learning more about the brand.
I can call "Collection Completion" on myself and be happy, though I'm sure I'll get another watch at some point. THANX for readin'!!! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_cool
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05715
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! DSC05705
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:30 am

Congratulations. Very glad you worked something out so you could have it on SS. Lovely watch. Wear it in good health!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:40 am

Very nice! That last wrist shot is great!!

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:01 am

Hey wait a minute!! I just realized, you've had that watch for several days and we're just NOW hearing about it No

I'm hurt Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! 591298
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:28 am

I'm right with you on this watch. I prefer the black dial but the silver is spectacular as well.
That is one hell of a versatile watch. It can be worn in so many different circumstances.

Mine says hi!

On the bracelet:
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! HamiltonJazzMasterChronoDial1b

On black leather (that's how I wear it most often)
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! HamiltonJMBlack03

On Cordovan:
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! HamiltonJMBrown05

On brown leather:
Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! HamiltonJM003

Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! HamiltonJM017
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:07 am

Great pic up Free!

Wicked cool case!

That "H" bracelet is SICK cool!

Enjoy!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:51 am

Nice photos.....Hamilton makes a really top-notch watch!! I'm glad it is living up to your expectations.

Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:51 am

. . . all I can say is WOW, over and over!!!! I love the silver dial, and it is a chrono that does chrono perfectly . . . not messy, perfect. All the fuss over Hamilton is well deserved!!!

. . . glad you found it . . . great to KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:28 am

The classic dress/sport watch.great size,has depth, plus presense on the wrist.Congrats on the complete package.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:48 am

I've always liked the Jazzmaster. Congratz on a great score! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! 803574
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:58 am

That watch is just, well, jazzy !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Absolute pure class!!! One of my all time favorite watches, sepecially on the H bracalet!!!! Outstanding!! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Now that is a beautifulle watch Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! 203558 Congrats, man! Pretty cool having that valjoux movement ticking away on your arm!
The case looks like a piece of art, love the polished and brushed areas, really gives it an amazing look Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_biggrin
Enjoy the hell out of it, as I`m sure you will!

Last edited by Rambam on Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Yowza, this is a very beautiful looking watch FD !!! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_eek Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_cheers
So elegant and classy ! The dial has everything that was
great about classic watches from years past. While the
case, bracelet, and movement bring on a tremendously
cool, as well as contemporary theme. You can honestly
get lost in any part of this watch. It's THAT good !!!! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_biggrin
Congrats to you sir ! Thats a NICE one !..Enjoy !!!
..Fantastic pics btw ! Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! 803574

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Gotta comment again.That case is cool!rarely see such details and contrasting angles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks gentlemen for your kind words. Not that I buy just to impress, but it's always cool to hear a watch well liked on a forum. Poli, thx for the shots - great strap ideas. I can go back and buy the original strap for just under a hundred dollars, so I may do so. But for now I'm really enjoying this bracelet.

It IS a jazzy and classy watch, the Valjoo is awesome. A great feeling "wobble" a lot when I flick my wrist - even more than with my Miyota movements. I really like that, a reminder of what's going on all the time.

Thx again!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:01 am

FreeDive wrote:
Thanks gentlemen for your kind words. Not that I buy just to impress, but it's always cool to hear a watch well liked on a forum. Poli, thx for the shots - great strap ideas. I can go back and buy the original strap for just under a hundred dollars, so I may do so. But for now I'm really enjoying this bracelet.

It IS a jazzy and classy watch, the Valjoo is awesome. A great feeling "wobble" a lot when I flick my wrist - even more than with my Miyota movements. I really like that, a reminder of what's going on all the time.

Thx again!
Don't wait to get the strap. RUN don't walk. Less than $100 for an OEM strap. You GOTTA go get it.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:00 am

Great looking watch! Love the mini-seconds at 9:00. Congratulations on you Buy!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:07 am

Great pics, Beautiful watch...Congrats and wear it well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:07 am

great looking watch! both dials look good as well as the different look with strap or bracelet. versatility
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!   Jazzmaster in the HOUSE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jazzmaster in the HOUSE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: