The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Empty
PostSubject: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Msa10.306a
New Horotec tweezer for removing spring bars. INOX, sandblast with mirror polish tip. Designed to insert/remove double shoulder and double flange spring bars with one easy sqeeze of the tweezer. Not for use on single shoulder spring bars. Length: 120 mm. $31.50 from Ofrei.

The alternative for doing both at the same time is this Bergeon
Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Bergeon6825
Bergeon 6825-PF Fine Pliers To Fit Watch Bracelets

* Fine quality aluminum casting
* Very easy to handle
* The width adjusts from 10 to 30 mm and locks by turning a screw
* The tool has notches for positioning of the forks from 0 to 45 degree angle for easy of use
* Points 0.23mm
* Stainless steel forks that come with these pliers are reversible
* Spare forks are available in two different sizes

OFrei sells it online for $144 Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Yes I have - the ones at the top.
Sometimes exactly what you need and work great - other times not.
Actually help getting the bracelet back in vs. out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm

jaw wrote:
Yes I have - the ones at the top.
Sometimes exactly what you need and work great - other times not.
Actually help getting the bracelet back in vs. out.

Great, thanks for replying. How small are the tips? I appreciate your real world feedback on them. I've just been frustrated a time or two too many by standard tools and thought these, if they work, would be worth $40 or so with shipping.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Tips are very small/sharp
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 pm

These are some especially cool tweezers, and they both
look like they would do a great job ! Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? 803574 The one for
$144 looks to be scary good ! Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Affraid

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks JAW. Need a new springbar tool as the pin tip on mine have each broken. Trying to decide between a standard one and the Horotec tweezers plus a pusher for the drilled lugs.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Thanks JAW. Need a new springbar tool as the pin tip on mine have each broken. Trying to decide between a standard one and the Horotec tweezers plus a pusher for the drilled lugs.

I find that I need both.

Tweezers are more for those bracelet end links - simultaneous compression.
While the standard are good for just about anything.

Usually need a couple sizes of the standard.
And my tips eventually break too.
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Have you used them on an Omega bracelet ?
I also have thought about the $144 set but thats a chunk of change.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Chris S. wrote:

Negatory - haven't had the balls to start screwing with my PO yet.
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 am

jaw wrote:
Chris S. wrote:

Negatory - haven't had the balls to start screwing with my PO yet.

Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? 744742 Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? 744742 Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? 744742 Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? 744742

I'm not that Brave either Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 am

I have videos posted of changing straps and bracelets on the omega planet ocean using standard tools.It doesn't
matter how good the tool is,the tips break.I've got the tweezers and those work.The tips are hardened,but no guaranty that they won't
break at some point.Heres some surprising info about omega and other brands that offer a model on bracelet or on a form fitted
rubber strap.The spring bars are different for each.Bigger double shoulders and tube thickness for the rubber strap.Thinner
tube and narrower shoulders for the bracelet.If you try the spring bars for the rubber on the bracelet,no matter what tool
you use,those don't install.The shoulders get bound up in the endlink and only one side will compress.Doc,you are used to
the seiko fat bars and neither of these two tools fit them.As far as the drilled lug horns,they use non shouldered spring bars.
Get a burgeon for those.The cheap tools from af and the amazon kits will just snap off when working on a tightly fitted
endlink,like whats on the marathons.Some of these endlinks have to be pulled straight out and installed straight in.
Others can be angled from the back side.I've only run across one watch where the endlinks installed from the top side
of the lug horns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

yamahaki wrote:
I have videos posted of changing straps and bracelets on the omega planet ocean using standard tools.It doesn't
matter how good the tool is,the tips break.I've got the tweezers and those work.The tips are hardened,but no guaranty that they won't
break at some point.Heres some surprising info about omega and other brands that offer a model on bracelet or on a form fitted
rubber strap.The spring bars are different for each.Bigger double shoulders and tube thickness for the rubber strap.Thinner
tube and narrower shoulders for the bracelet.If you try the spring bars for the rubber on the bracelet,no matter what tool
you use,those don't install.The shoulders get bound up in the endlink and only one side will compress.Doc,you are used to
the seiko fat bars and neither of these two tools fit them.As far as the drilled lug horns,they use non shouldered spring bars.
Get a burgeon for those.The cheap tools from af and the amazon kits will just snap off when working on a tightly fitted
endlink,like whats on the marathons.Some of these endlinks have to be pulled straight out and installed straight in.
Others can be angled from the back side.I've only run across one watch where the endlinks installed from the top side
of the lug horns.

Sean,
Right again. I've broken off both .8mm tips that I own at this point. I ordered a 6767 and the horotec tweezers last night. Sinn shipped double shouldered springbars with the new tegimented bracket. They seem to be working fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?   Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horotec tweezers - anyone every used them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: