The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duff's biker watch hybrid made...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Empty
PostSubject: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 am

had this in mind when I modded a Seiko Alba Hypertech watch with a G Shock yellow Frogman strap, long enough to fit his wrist! 45mm bezel width, tough enough to wear on a bike.. Very Happy

Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Albahybridrailshotangled

Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Albahybridflowers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 am

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:51 pm

This watch looks like it's doing 150MPH, while just
being on the wrist Thian ! Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_biggrin ..The shape on that
case, along with the overall MEAN look is GREAT !!!
While the G-Shock strap couldn't be cooler ! Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_cool
VERY NICE !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

thanks, Tom...the Hypertech series of Alba is a vintage one and seldom seen, even in Japan.

Most Japanese knew/know of the Casio resin G Shocks, but not the Seiko Alba Hypertech sporty line. I bought it used to inspect its quality and features ...and concluded it was just as strongly built as the Gs. Interesting that the Frogman NOS yellow strap (i had bought it to resell 6 six ago!) fits perfectly on this Hypertech bezel! The original strap was black resin.

Many guys bought this color combo in the newer G Shock Frogman (Yellow strap on black bezel).
Not sure if Duff has the guts to wear such a 'gaudy' color combo........but it will now be donated to his collection! ahahaha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 pm

thianwong wrote:
Not sure if Duff has the guts to wear such a 'gaudy' color combo........but it will now be donated to his collection! ahahaha!

Thian old buddy old pal! Are you questioning whether I have the CAJONES to wear that watch. Dude! I have ZERO PRIDE! As evidenced by the below picture.

Duff's biker watch hybrid made... IMGA0395
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm sure your cahones are fine....after years of biking! maybe a bit squashed though...hehehe!
Since you are in Florida, the yellow strap is perfect!
Just set it to Florida time/date for you....interesting watch...the 10 spot pusher is a lock/unlock button, which seems to lock your settings in to avoid accidental hitting of the time/mode buttons.
To adjust the time, you hit the unlock pusher, hold the 2 spot pusher in, and wait for the seconds numbers to blink, telling you that you are in time adjusting mode. Then you just hold 4 spot pusher and set your desired time. To set the minutes or hours, you clik the the 2 pusher again and watch for the blinking....
Anyways, gonna get a box now at the mall.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 pm

thianwong wrote:
thanks, Tom...the Hypertech series of Alba is a vintage one and seldom seen, even in Japan.

Most Japanese knew/know of the Casio resin G Shocks, but not the Seiko Alba Hypertech sporty line. I bought it used to inspect its quality and features ...and concluded it was just as strongly built as the Gs. Interesting that the Frogman NOS yellow strap (i had bought it to resell 6 six ago!) fits perfectly on this Hypertech bezel! The original strap was black resin.

Many guys bought this color combo in the newer G Shock Frogman (Yellow strap on black bezel).

You are very welcome sir ! Duff's biker watch hybrid made... 46145 ..Thanks for your extra info, and by the way I hadn't really
known about Alba. So thanks for that as well !!!

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:14 am

thianwong wrote:
I'm sure your cahones are fine....after years of biking! maybe a bit squashed though...hehehe!
Just set it to Florida time/date for you....interesting watch...the 10 spot pusher is a lock/unlock button, which seems to lock your settings in to avoid accidental hitting of the time/mode buttons.
To adjust the time, you hit the unlock pusher, hold the 2 spot pusher in, and wait for the seconds numbers to blink, telling you that you are in time adjusting mode. Then you just hold 4 spot pusher and set your desired time. To set the minutes or hours, you clik the the 2 pusher again and watch for the blinking....

. . . bet you lost him at the lock/unlock button . . . Duff's biker watch hybrid made... 744742
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:15 am

hahaha! you mean a Homer Simpson...(DOH???)...hahaha! ouch! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 am

wagon wrote:
thianwong wrote:

. . . bet you lost him at the lock/unlock button . . . Duff's biker watch hybrid made... 744742

You're damn lucky you live on the other coast you doity summabeech!!! Duff's biker watch hybrid made... 832207 Duff's biker watch hybrid made... 744742
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duff's biker watch hybrid made...   Duff's biker watch hybrid made... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duff's biker watch hybrid made...
Page 1 of 1