The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Operation Ogival

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 pm

. . . I have been quite happy with the watches I own for some time, no real desire to buy anything new. All I really want to own next is an Omega. My Omega fund was drained awhile back for household maintenance, and it is slow to rebuild.

. . . I do have quite a few older pieces though, this Ogival I posted awhile back among them. It is in very sad shape. I could buy a new one easily, but like I said . . . don't want to buy at all right now . . . so I started today by tearing down the Ogival.

. . . It doesn't run. It feels wound tight, for an auto not a good sign. But the movement appears clean with no obvious breakage I could find while it is still assembled. The case is wabi'ed beyond cool, it's just plain tatered. Crystal is acrylic and is also lunched. Crown stem is decent, not bent or showing excessive wear, operated fine. The bracelet is toast. I'll worry about that later, alot of choices there . . . mesh, leather or rubber.

The candidate.

Operation Ogival IMG_0476-1

Bracelet off. Check out the spring bars. Big diameter, bent to ratshit . . . they were a bear to release.

Operation Ogival IMG_0497

Caseback off. TIGHT!!! I mean really tight. I should have left the bracelet on for grip, I was ready to put it back on, but I got the back loose finally . . . tightened it a touch and got it to back off.

Operation Ogival IMG_0498

Operation Ogival IMG_0499

Crown released easily. A small detent release and it slid out free.

Operation Ogival IMG_0504

Operation Ogival IMG_0500

The movement. Need to hit the web and try to identify it.

Operation Ogival IMG_0509

Operation Ogival IMG_0508

The case. Going have to work easily here. I do not want to lose any definition by overworking it. The chapter ring looks good, and the O-ring is still fairly soft.

Operation Ogival IMG_0505

Operation Ogival IMG_0506

Operation Ogival IMG_0507

The dial is primo. No staining, no damage at all. Colours are great, on the day/date wheel and the indices. Check out the height of the indices. Oh, I love the fish . . .

Operation Ogival IMG_0501

Operation Ogival IMG_0502

Operation Ogival IMG_0503

Time for homework. Have to find a crystal. I think the movement is going over to the watchmaker here in town. Put the parts away safe . . .

Operation Ogival IMG_0513

Operation Ogival IMG_0514

Operation Ogival IMG_0515

. . . I'll update this along the way, all goes well I'll have a nice vintage for a wrist shot . . . . Operation Ogival Icon_cheers

Last edited by wagon on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Looks to be in great shape on the inside. A new crystal and some spit and polish you'll have a real nice vintage dive watch.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Randy~~ It looks like a great project! Once it is finished, it will look awesome!!! Keep us posted!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

WOW Randy! You have come a long way Baby! Looking forward to your gig on this one. The dial is INSANELY PRISTINE cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Man , this progression is going to be FUN to watch!

Thanks for the pics man!

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks for taking us along on the process. I'm looking forward to future installments. Operation Ogival 803574
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Man oh man, what a SPECIAL watch Randy !!!! Operation Ogival 46145 Operation Ogival Icon_cheers Operation Ogival 46145
I can't believe how unbelievably nice the case is on your Ogival.
That style, and shape is INCREDIBLE !!! As are those indices like
you said ! WOW !!! Operation Ogival Icon_eek The movement is beyond impressive too !
This is going to be an EXTREMELY fun project for you I think sir !
Looking forward to seeing it later on down the road ! Good luck,
and enjoy yourself !

Operation Ogival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Ogival   Operation Ogival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Ogival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Vintage Watches-
Jump to: