The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accessories.......

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm

The Most Expensive Accessories thread got me thinking about accessories and Tim's post about his killer 3 Holer winder got me thinking about .......travel cases Very Happy

Yup, how do you pack your watches for travel? Tim's 3 Holer has a removable 2 watch case built into the top storage area of the unit.
Accessories....... A7e2f9a4521f0253073804dcbb5b06fc

I have a 2 watch case sort of like that one where each lays flat and it retained by an elastic band
Accessories....... 51QvhtjdK8L._SS400_Accessories....... P1136528
which works fine for watches on NATOs or straps but not so well for watches on bracelets. When you put a watch in that is on a bracelet it either sits too high or the caseback gets scratched or both. Oh, you can put something between the caseback and the bracelet but that is a bit of a pain and on thick watches adds to the likelihood that it will be too tall for the case.

Yes, there are more elegant and expensive Cigar-type cases but the same limitations apply to them as to the one above because you fold the strap under the watch head to have it fit into the cutout in the case.
Accessories....... 211465660

Accessories....... Louis-Vuitton-watch-cases2
Then there are the rolls that you can put the bracelet around (in place of a wrist) and then enclose in a case. The problem with these, in my experience, is that the ones for more than one watch have no real way to prevent the watches from bumping into each other if the case is jarred in transit.

Accessories....... Bamford-aluminum-travel-watch-tube
Some of them, like the aluminum one above can be incredibly expensive ($1800 MSRP) and really not prevent dings and scratches from the other watches.

Of course there are the Pelican and Storm cases that are practically indestructable and that hold each watch in its own niche without the worries associated with the cases above.
Accessories....... L_67d9ad0426ad41fb8508633d9e5d9fc7
My problem with them is that they are large, take up a lot of space, and are another carry on.

But then I found one that I think is a very good compromise and will keep a couple of watches on SS bracelets secure and separated from each other.
Accessories....... Dual-watch-travel-case-holds-up-to-51mm-brand-new_320386282399
Its got a tube that goes through the watches bracelets but they are individual pillows like in a standard watch case and also has a divider wall between the two sections to prevent contact of one watch with another.

Accessories....... 2place800x600

I looked around for these and it was tough finding any designed like this one. The most common are the lay flat types and then the tubes with no dividers. Neither seem to work for my 40-44mm SS bracelet watches. This just might.

Last edited by Docrwm on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Accessories....... Photo-1

From Nixon. "Ballistic" nylon. Same material, or very similar to Oakley hard cases. Just bought it a couple weeks ago.

Accessories....... Detail-zoom

Accessories....... C1205-hero-000
Mine's more textured than this. This one looks smooth.

Last edited by porschefan on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm

porschefan wrote:
Accessories....... Photo-1

From Nixon. "Ballistic" nylon. Same material, or very similar to Oakley hard cases. Just bought it a couple weeks ago.

Tim,

How does it keep the watches seperated if the case is jarred? scratch
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:12 pm

The material that the center piece is wrapped with is very coarse, so the watches stick to it. Plus, it's fairly thick, and with my bracelets adjusted for my girlie wrists, they aren't going anywhere. Longer bracelets might be a problem. Although on DWC where I first saw this case, someone had mentioned that they had no problems, but to be safe, they just wrapped a couple large rubber bands around the center piece, between watches.

I like that double carrier, your final photo. Nice.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm

porschefan wrote:
The material that the center piece is wrapped with is very coarse, so the watches stick to it. Plus, it's fairly thick, and with my bracelets adjusted for my girlie wrists, they aren't going anywhere. Longer bracelets might be a problem. Although on DWC where I first saw this case, someone had mentioned that they had no problems, but to be safe, they just wrapped a couple large rubber bands around the center piece, between watches.

With 8-8.25 in wrists those sort of solutions don't typically work. I appreciate your splain'in it to me though.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Yep, with one's like this, my watches sometimes won't latch around that type of pillow. Bit I like it.
Accessories....... 2place800x600
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:29 am

. . . Steve gave me this case. Keeps the straps nice and flat . . .`holds 8.

Accessories....... 3headwinderSWIstrapbox030

Accessories....... 3headwinderSWIstrapbox042

. . . SWI, nice leather, good elastic retainers.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 am

I don't travel much but if I do, usually wrap them up and keep them in my laptop bag which I always have with me...

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

wagon wrote:
. . . Steve gave me this case. Keeps the straps nice and flat . . .`holds 8.

Accessories....... 3headwinderSWIstrapbox030

Accessories....... 3headwinderSWIstrapbox042

. . . SWI, nice leather, good elastic retainers.

Nice case. I have a smaller version of that one. Do you use it for watches on SS bracelets?
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm

. . .Doc, I haven't used it for bracelets. I like it because I have a thing about my straps getting curled up . . . OCD/Manic Obssesive . . . Suspect
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Nice shade of brown on the croc's, Randy.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

wagon wrote:

. . .Doc, I haven't used it for bracelets. I like it because I have a thing about my straps getting curled up . . . OCD/Manic Obssesive . . . Suspect

Hadn't thought about keeping them flat, I tend to use deployants on all my leather and they stay curved as a result. Glad those type cases work for you.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 am

I have a Pelican 1120 for travel. I'm currently building my a watch box for day-to-day storage.

Accessories....... P1060415
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am

dshap wrote:
I have a Pelican 1120 for travel. I'm currently building my a watch box for day-to-day storage.

Accessories....... P1060415

Nice setup. I have the Storm Case iM2050 from Hardigg myself.
Accessories....... DSC07012
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Accessories....... DSC00971

Bought an Anonimo D-Date from Bill B a couple years ago that didn't have box so Bill sent it to me in this watch roll. Its an orbita so quality is good. Fits huge divers easily and the best part is it packs a million times better than any of my pelicans. I use it daily to and from work. Can't recommend it enough.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Nice case, too, Chris. That's pretty handy. Since I rarely travel with more than one or two watches (packing one, wearing one), that picture of mine was just staging. But if you're going often with a bunch, that's a classy way to travel.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 pm

moishlashen wrote:
Accessories....... DSC00971

Bought an Anonimo D-Date from Bill B a couple years ago that didn't have box so Bill sent it to me in this watch roll. Its an orbita so quality is good. Fits huge divers easily and the best part is it packs a million times better than any of my pelicans. I use it daily to and from work. Can't recommend it enough.

Chris,
That one looks very nice. How does it prevent the watches from banging into each other?
-Robert
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 pm

The pillows are huge so it will fit any watch and wrist size easily. Side to side the pillows are fairly firm so once in they are tightish against each other and also they fit pretty tight in the case itself. If you had just 1 in there it wouldn't slide at all. That was what worried me about the Nixon once with the single roll vs. the 3 seperate ones. Once in the case with lid closed its pretty hard too for being made out of leather.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks, it sounds ideal for use with three watches.
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 pm

I ended up giving the one Bill gave me away like an idiot but I picked up another one here:

http://www.watchcases.com/3watrca.html
Back to top Go down

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Despite the number of watches I have I should probably be thankful that I haven't had to buy any yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accessories....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessories.......   Accessories....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accessories.......
Page 1 of 1