The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oris Diver Deal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Saw this on watchnet and it looks like a very good deal. I know nothing about this seller but the price is killer!

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=406151&rid=0
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 am

Looks to be a great deal.
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:48 am

Legit? Looks almost too good to be true.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 pm

was thinkin same thing....
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Yeah to good to me also. almost 25% off retail in what looks like good condition Oris Diver Deal 766404
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

I emailed the guy earlier this morning. Have not heard back yet.
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Chris S. wrote:
Yeah to good to me also. almost 25% off retail in what looks like good condition Oris Diver Deal 766404

Isn't $325.00 more than 25% off retail? More like 75% off?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh wow John !!! Oris Diver Deal Icon_cyclops ..This does look like a VERY good deal !
Seems to be in great shape, and like the guys are saying
it's a BIG percentage off of the regular price too !..That's
a NICE one !..Thanks for the heads up sir !

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm

No, somethings not right here. Stolen, fake, something. I smell poop.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:30 pm

FROM WATCHNET- SOunds familar...hmmm

ALERT: WE HAVE SCAMMERS ON THE FORUM. BE VERY CAREFUL! Dec 20, 2009 - 04:16 PM

All:

Lately we have had a rash of new posters advertising watches at prices that are a bit too good to be true. Be extremely wary when dealing with a poster who has a tiny handful of posts who is selling watches at prices you know are extremely low. We have already had a number of people here who were ripped off because they were simply not careful enough. They did not properly verify references (remember...references can be very easily faked with fake email addresses).

Other things to look out for:
- Sellers who are brand new to the forum and who will not provide a verifiable address and phone number
- Sellers who seem "evasive" when questioned
- Sellers who will not provide photos of the watch they are selling to verify they have it. A good check is to ask for a photo of the watch with the time and date set to something you choose. A legitimate seller who is new to the forum should be willing to take a photo or two to verify he/she has the watch in his/her possession.

In most cases, the scammers have used Yahoo, Ymail or Gmail addresses, but be wary regardless of the email address in question. More often than not, they are selling more commonly seen brands: Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc.

Ultimately....if the deal doesn't feel right, walk away. Prices which seem too good to be true generally ARE too good to be true. You aren't going to get a legitimate Yachtmaster for $2500 or a Sub for $2250. You're much more likely to simply lose your money.

Please be careful!
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:52 pm

porschefan wrote:
Chris S. wrote:

Ooops to many F's I ment was 25% of MSRP
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Chris S. wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Chris S. wrote:

Ooops to many F's I ment was 25% of MSRP

That's what I thought you meant, Chris. Stills smells funny, no?
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 pm

I bought both of my TT1s used from known sellers are neither were near that price! I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Chris S. wrote:
I bought both of my TT1s used from known sellers are neither were near that price! I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Yep. I get a really nice discount from my AD, and even a pre-owned, freshly serviced TT1 was twice that.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 pm

I never heard back from the seller, lol
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:54 pm

TVDinner wrote:
I never heard back from the seller, lol

Sounds like the same guy that "wanted to buy" Alan's Panerai. Direct questions, they leave like a fart on a high wind.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 pm

It's awesome to have people looking out for eachother !
..Just AWESOME ! Oris Diver Deal 46145 Oris Diver Deal 803574 Oris Diver Deal 803574 Oris Diver Deal 46145

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 pm

I have reliable info that this deal is probably legit.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
I have reliable info that this deal is probably legit.

well 2 days later and 2 emails to him I still have not received even a response email back.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm

He sells alot of watches:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=showposts&id=59201&rid=57328

Still, I can't speak about the guy himself.
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Northwestguy wrote:

Still would NOT do business with him given what I know now. I've been there with a seller that had multiple sales of higher end watches who ended up photoshopping his pics and lying about the watch. Sorry, but no watch in 90 days? No responses to multiple emails? What's that say about him?
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:

Still would NOT do business with him given what I know now. I've been there with a seller that had multiple sales of higher end watches who ended up photoshopping his pics and lying about the watch. Sorry, but no watch in 90 days? No responses to multiple emails? What's that say about him?

As I said.....I can't speak about the guy, just passing along info.
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:

As I said.....I can't speak about the guy, just passing along info.

Appreciate it. Oris Diver Deal 803574
Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Oris Diver Deal 440774
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oris Diver Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oris Diver Deal   Oris Diver Deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oris Diver Deal
Page 1 of 1