The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Empty
PostSubject: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:04 pm

This one was a quiet grail for a long time and now it is in my sights! A friend bought it from a retired navy and commercial pilot who used it for 'work'. After being serviced twice in Bienne for water ingress (only rated for 30m), he put it back in his collection...the caseback has his squadron wings on his intiials ....quite the history on this one! The watch comes with the original Ti bracelet, not the red strap.....

My friend is having this Gen2 restored to mint shape with a new bezel and crown....not cheap but oh-so nice! Some guys don't like the bezel diveresque design nor the fact it is quartz, but I love it!
Your thoughts, guys? would you like a piece of NASA history? (montage is mine)

Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! MontageX-33Ironman2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Sweet score with alot of cool history! Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! 74725
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Awesome watch and GREAT pic!

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Glad its Gen2, they're much better in a number of ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:27 pm

. . . I like it!!! Great provenance, not an everyday sight. . . cheers
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: thanks, guys! a special watch for me to have scored it....   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 pm

epitomizes the tool watch concept, made for the real world of NASA...! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Very nice and congrats! Wear it in good health..

Stan
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:23 pm

DEFINITELY NICE having this one in your sights Thian ! Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_biggrin Have to admit
this watch is new to me, so thanks for showing it. It's VERY different, and
it's an Omega, so it's double the fun ! It has a really neat dial, VERY futuristic !
I like how the chapter ring seems to be a darker gray, than the silver of the
bezel, and case. It makes the dial look nice, and deep too. Speaking of that
dial, the hands look REAL good, and there seems to be a plane on the second
hand, which is also on that AMAZING bezel in a few places as well ! Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! 46145 This
one has a sporty feel, with a touch of Omega class for good measure ! It's
EXTRA nice, as well as EXTREMELY unique imho !..Congrats on having this
Omega !!!..Hope you ENJOY it sir !..Terrific photo you have there also !!!

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:46 am

[b]thanks, Atomic Tom! I have read upteen postings on the X-33, learning as much as I can on it.....one cool feature is that even with polaroid sunglasses (which I use alot), the crystal coating will allow time viewing! The 42mm width is the same as my Seiko Landtrek adventure watch (also titanium), so the X-33 will be just great on the wrist!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 pm

thianwong wrote:
[b]thanks, Atomic Tom! I have read upteen postings on the X-33, learning as much as I can on it.....one cool feature is that even with polaroid sunglasses (which I use alot), the crystal coating will allow time viewing! The 42mm width is the same as my Seiko Landtrek adventure watch (also titanium), so the X-33 will be just great on the wrist!

You are VERY welcome Thian ! Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_smile That's definitely a cool watch that's fun to learn about !..Amazing how
easy it is to read with sunglasses as well, and the size is just right !!! Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! 803574 ..Thanks again for your insight
about this watch, I appreciate it sir !

PostSubject: Re: Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!   Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega Mars watch X-33 in my sights!
Page 1 of 1