The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOR SALE POSTS

Go down 
+2
merichar
Northwestguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm sure many of you cruise the various watch fora and check out the for sale sections......WUS, watchtime, and timezone, and of course XMT are my usuals. I have a couple of pet peeves that URK me to no end:

1) From my personal collection...................DAH, you A**, if it was from someone else's I'd turn you in for fraud.

2) No pics................give me a look please if you want me to buy. I absolutely hate clicking on the post only to find verbage and NO watch pics.

3) I dislike the ratings of good, very good, excellent. In my mind % is a better description.........That is % on the TZ rating scale. I also dislike the % given and then no explanation of where the faults are.

How about you guys? Is there anything that bothers you about the for sale posts you come across?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 pm

I agree with you John. I need me some pics to consider it. One other thing that bothers me is people who refer to themselves in the third person in the sale banner. I mean are any of these guys so cool they think someone will buy the watch because it once belonged to these yahoos? Well maybe they would in one forum, but it seems pretty pompous to me.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:32 am

I never rate my watches since percent is an opinion, I put up 10 to 20 photos and tell about any defects I see, history, usage, etc. I tell them to carefully check photos for condition.

Lack of photos is what I hate the most.....other than a stupid high price.

FOR SALE POSTS Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:48 am

How about "watch is mint except for" if you have to make an exception it's not mint!

Also sale stock in ADs with scuff etc. If I am paying retail I would like to be the first person to have worn that watch.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, no pics KILLS it for me...

"I really hate to let this one go..."

"I will give you..." instead of "Would you consider/take..."

Associate
Noisy Nova

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am

Noisy only sells watches from his personal collection.
He wears his watches in rotation, as the mood strikes him.
They're scratched. Watches get that way. He's too lazy to polish them.
He sells them at low, low prices. They go quick.
FOR SALE POSTS Lol
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

I sell watches that are not in my personal collection.

I HATE it when someone sells a watch and then edits the post to remove the price. WHY?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:32 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:

I HATE it when someone sells a watch and then edits the post to remove the price. WHY?

Yeah, are they ashamed of what they sold it for? LOL

Senior Associate
merichar

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:

Its actually WUS policy for the price to stay up after the sale. Its not really enforced though because it happens frequently. It would be nice to have more references as to what that model is selling for used. If I were Ernie for a day, people would leave the price up or be banned from selling. But then we would read endless threads on what asshats they are at WUS. Another thing, some homers will cover up or obscure the serial number in the post-I don't understand that one either.
Back to top Go down

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:59 am

No pictures bothers me as well. Another is lack of communication by the buyer. Even though I can see the watch has been delivered thru tracking, LMK if it arrived in one piece or that you are happy or unhappy.

Also irritates me when you make an offer or inquiry. I respond or counteroffer and you never respond. Geeezzz just say you are not interested!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOR SALE POSTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE POSTS   FOR SALE POSTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE POSTS
Page 1 of 1