The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think modding will...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Do you think modding will... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 pm

expand into other watch brands ? Will we see modded watches,
and parts like dials, bezels, hands, etc. for YOUR favorite watch
brands in the future ? ..Any thoughts or opinions on this ?

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

. . . I believe that for individuals like Ron(Barnbuilder) and Trevor(Cali) there will always be the next mod. The value of the watch is the only factor that may limit them.

. . . As for the straight ahead mods, men like Noah and Harold have an ever expanding market in front of them, driven by the demand for a specific look or genre of dials, hands etc . . . . the Soxa dials come to mind, good demand for them continues their production.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 pm

While modding is cool, I think it has a very NICHE market...

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm only willing to mod inexpensive watches and don't want to get into changing movements, I'm not good enough to do it but Ron has mad skills and I would trust him on any mod! It's fun but you're messing with the value of the piece and making a smaller market for resale value, at times i feel you would be better off buying from Noah, jay or any other guy that does it for a living!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 pm

wagon wrote:

. . . I believe that for individuals like Ron(Barnbuilder) and Trevor(Cali) there will always be the next mod. The value of the watch is the only factor that may limit them.

. . . As for the straight ahead mods, men like Noah and Harold have an ever expanding market in front of them, driven by the demand for a specific look or genre of dials, hands etc . . . . the Soxa dials come to mind, good demand for them continues their production.

Anomaly wrote:
While modding is cool, I think it has a very NICHE market...

cali kid wrote:
I'm only willing to mod inexpensive watches and don't want to get into changing movements, I'm not good enough to do it but Ron has mad skills and I would trust him on any mod! It's fun but you're messing with the value of the piece and making a smaller market for resale value, at times i feel you would be better off buying from Noah, jay or any other guy that does it for a living!

Terrific points Randy, Alan, and Trevor !..Thought it might be interesting to see various different watch
brands have modded watches, or watch parts available. Similar to the great options available for Seiko
fans, but also for (insert brand here) as well ! Do you think modding will... Icon_smile However, I guess there would have to be a real demand
for something like this to actually start !..Thanks alot for your opinions everyone !!!

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 pm

I agree with Alan, it's a very niche market. The work that Ron and Trevor outside of the Seiko realm is rare; I know finding parts to fit what you might dream up can be quite an issue.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 pm

cski wrote:
I agree with Alan, it's a very niche market. The work that Ron and Trevor outside of the Seiko realm is rare; I know finding parts to fit what you might dream up can be quite an issue.

Definitely agree with you Chris ! Do you think modding will... Icon_smile Do you think if it was easier to find parts outside of the
Seiko realm for people like Ron, and Trevor, that modding might expand ? Or would it still be a
niche market like you guys are saying ?

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am

Here's a mod site for y'all. A friend of mine had one of his Daytona's modded here.

http://www.projectxdesigns.com/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:49 am

What a site Tim ! Do you think modding will... Icon_cheers ..Looks like Rolex fans can have some fun there !
It's something to actually see a blacked out stealthy Rolex ! Do you think modding will... 933578
..Thank you sir !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 am

One of my favorites from Project X, simple, classy, yet some "pop.".
Do you think modding will... Master13Cropv3cms21276863008
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:44 pm

porschefan wrote:
One of my favorites from Project X, simple, classy, yet some "pop.".
Do you think modding will... Master13Cropv3cms21276863008

Yup, that's a winner !..You get the Rolex elegance, with an added aggressive edge !
..The green on black theme is REAL NICE ! Do you think modding will... Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Do you think modding will...   Do you think modding will... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think modding will...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: