The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Independent Watch Projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Independent Watch Projects  Empty
PostSubject: Independent Watch Projects    Independent Watch Projects  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I found a pretty decent blog that you may want to check out. It is called "independent watch projects" and it covers topics abou just that...smaller, independent watch companies. Here is a link --->> http://www.watchprojects.com/

They have a pretty good selection of brief articles on various topics. I just read this one on the Eterna Super-Kontiki:

Eterna Super-Kontiki

Filed under:ETA 28XX, brand of origin, historic designs — posted by admin on 2010/03/23 @ 16:36

Independent Watch Projects  Super-KontikiAnother brand to take heed of collectors is Eterna, who unveiled at Baselworl 2010 a re-edition of the Super-Kontiki, a diving watch popular on forums.
The new Heritage Super-Kontiki comes on a Milanese mesh band, and features an extension that allows to wear it over a diving suit.
This is a very good example of a brand tapping into its rich heritage to provide collectors with distinctive products. Were brand to do this more often, with appropriate volumes and reasonable pricing, most of the mini-brand watches featured on this blog would not need to exist.
The Heritage Super-Kontiki faithfully seems to faithfully reproduce the details of the original. It is a limited edition, so I expect all items will sell out. I only hope the price will be reasonable.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Independent Watch Projects    Independent Watch Projects  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

I love the Kon Tikki's....

...especially the ones with the triangles around 12, 3, 6, 9...

Independent Watch Projects  Eterna5

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Independent Watch Projects    Independent Watch Projects  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 pm

That is a fun site Mark ! Independent Watch Projects  Icon_smile A bunch of cool small
watch companies, great info, and links !!!..These
Eterna Kontiki's are something special imho. They
are a little different then alot of what's out there,
and that's NICE !..The Heritage Super Kontiki could
not be cooler, and that mesh bracelet couldn't be
happier ! Independent Watch Projects  Icon_biggrin ..Thanks for the link !

PostSubject: Re: Independent Watch Projects    Independent Watch Projects  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Independent Watch Projects
Page 1 of 1