The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time with Rob

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 pm

My son Rob and I have spent a little time together this week doing some things we've been planning for a while.

First, we visited the Museum of Aviation at Robins AFB.
Time with Rob DSC00002sm

Oddly we were there for the change of command of a unit I worked with a LONG time ago. I got to see an old friend of mine....
Time with Rob DSC09972sm

Wore my Sinn 757UTC for the trip
Time with Rob DSC00009sm

and got to see an A11 with leather paratrooper cover
Time with Rob DSC00019smTime with Rob DSC00023sm

Then we went to the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield
Time with Rob KEMO_9679k1l4_northern-perspectiveTime with Rob KEMO_GoogleEarth_Thmb285

Time with Rob DSC00071sm

and went to the top of the mountain.
Time with Rob DSC00089

We've had a good couple of days. Time with Rob Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Good for you guys man!

Father and son out having fun...

...GOOD STUFF!

Senior Consigliere

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Oh, that's NICE Doc ! Time with Rob 803574 ..Just look at those planes !!!
..Some cool history there, and I'm sure alot of fun also !
Looks like an OUTSTANDING time for you both ! WOW !!!
I like that cannon alot, along with that seal that was at
the top of the mountain !..You even got a couple of
watches in there ! Time with Rob Icon_smile ..Great stuff ! Excellent photos !
..Thanks !!!

Senior Associate
merichar

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Looks like fun. So the Thunderchief is an old friend, or are the caption and photo unrelated, did'nt understand that part. Got to love the old planes-well at least I do. I will be looking at airplanes tomorrow and Oshkosh is at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Very cool Doc, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 pm

. . . dig the aircraft!!! Took my boy to the Smithsonian a couple of years ago and was blown away!!!

. . . spending time with the kids is what life is all about, nothing is better. I wish I had done more of it when they were younger, one of my own personal demons . . ..
Back to top Go down

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:13 pm

merichar wrote:
Looks like fun. So the Thunderchief is an old friend, or are the caption and photo unrelated, did'nt understand that part. Got to love the old planes-well at least I do. I will be looking at airplanes tomorrow and Oshkosh is at the end of the month.

That particular aircraft specifically - AF62-438 which is an F-105G that last served with the 128th TFS of the 116th TFW - is an old friend. It was weird seeing it almost 30 years later. Got to tell my son all about it and have him walk under it and touch it. It was in better cosmetic shape than when we had it on the flight line that is for sure. Still, sad that its just a shell these days.

Time with Rob DSC09962
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Docrwm wrote:

That particular aircraft specifically - AF62-438 which is an F-105G that last served with the 128th TFS of the 116th TFW - is an old friend. It was weird seeing it almost 30 years later. Got to tell my son all about it and have him walk under it and touch it. It was in better cosmetic shape than when we had it on the flight line that is for sure. Still, sad that its just a shell these days.

Time with Rob DSC09962

Well at least it will be around for a while as a static display. There are worse fates for old fighter planes.
Back to top Go down

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Very cool stuff.
Back to top Go down

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, nice pics too.

Thanks for sharing, nothing better that family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time with Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time with Rob   Time with Rob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time with Rob
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Off Topic - NOTHING to do with a watch...-
Jump to: