The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renato specs confusion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Renato specs confusion Empty
PostSubject: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 pm

OK. So I rec'd my TREX CF Moonphase blackdial J179211
Specs on shopnbc and caseback of watch rec'd says it is good to 100 ATM. Is that really true because that is what the TREX diver is good to. I have also posted the specs to the goldtone CF Moonphase and the blue dial SS version and they say it is only good to 30 ATM.

J179211 SS version with black or purple dial
Bracelet: Carbon fiber & Stainless steel
Movement: Swiss ISA 8171 Quartz Chronograph
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown: Screw down w/ function pushers
Clasp: Push Button Dual Deployant
Bracelet Measurements: 9" L x 28mm W
Case Measurements: 49mm
Water Resistance: 100 ATM - 1000 meters - 3300 feet

J179213 Goldtone
Water Resistance: 30 ATM - 300 meters - 990 feet
Model Numbers:
Black: TCFR-A-TCFR-8171
Blue: TCFY-B-TCFY-8171 UPC:
Black: 846108002597
Blue: 846108002603 Warranty: Five year warranty provided by Renato Watches

SS version with Blue dial J179212
below
Water Resistance: 30 ATM - 300 meters - 990 feet
Model Numbers:
Blue: TCF-B-TCF-8171
Silver-tone: TCF-S-TCF-8171 UPC:
Blue: 846108002580
Silver-tone: 846108003297 Warranty: Five year warranty provided by Renato Watches Inc.

So, am I asking for clarification here because the caseback on the watch purchased says carbon fiber integration, 100 ATM water resistant,294 grams of pure T-REX, handcrafted. Not that I am going down more than 15 feet ( if I wear it in the water at all)

Whats up with this??

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Dont think it really matters but i'm betting they are all 300 meters and if they say any different i would ask where they where tested to 1000 meters and maybe ask for a copy of the results? Most likely another misprint on a renato watch, for a company that can build a great watch seems there is alway a loss somewhere between the English and Chinese languages!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Unlikely to be 1000m as that requires a bit more tech than those watches typically have, 300m is more doable for off the shelf Chinese parts.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:44 pm

I hate to say it, I just don't trust many TV BRANDS...

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I hate to say it, I just don't trust many TV BRANDS...

Understood. I emailed Renato a few days ago and have not received an answer. I don't expect I will and I really don't care if the watch is rated more than 30 ATM and I doubt it is good to 100 ATM. I'm not going down that far anyway. But, this is not a shop error. This may be a Renato issue though as my caseback clearly says 100ATM.

Sad that there must be so many discrepancies with the facts/specification on certain brands. I don't really follow many of the other shop brands and wonder if they also experience these things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Well, had not heard from Renato today and gave them a call. Spoke with Alex. He checked and said the 100 ATM is correct as my caseback and dial designate. The blue dial and I think the goldtone version have a dial that says 100 ATM but have a casebacl\k that says 30 ATM. Alex said the caseback was wrong on those and so is the description on the shop site. They should also be 100 ATM. So, for me case closed. Like I said, I am not going down 990 ft. (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renato specs confusion   Renato specs confusion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renato specs confusion
Page 1 of 1