The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Ward...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Christopher Ward...? Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 am

I've barely heard of this brand, but just saw this GREAT shot by Greg in the photo contest thread:

Christopher Ward...? 4406951225_817837eaa7_b

Some of the COOLEST hands I have seen lately...

...catch me up on this brand someone!

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 am

One helluva photo. Nice shot Woody!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
One helluva photo. Nice shot Woody!

They have been around a while, I think. I found them a few years ago after seeing Mark's (Merchar) pilot watch by them.

The are a London base company, I got that watch on a Christmas sale for my wife. It is a eye catcher for sure. I did nothing special to that photograph. That is the MOP.

They make high quality swiss made watches at good prices

http://www.christopherward-usa.com/?gcid=S31632x001-brand&keyword=christopher%20ward%20USA

Last edited by nhwoods on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 am

Very cool...thanks GREG!

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Mark (Merichar) has a few sweet CW watches and they seem to get a gang of wrist time! Christopher Ward...? 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 pm

About 5 years. London based until recently but have moved their facilities to Switzerland because of labeling issues and such. Still taut themselves as a "British" company but.....I guess they are in one sense but not like Bremont from what I can tell.

They offer a wide array of quartz and auto watches. Nothing spectacular or in-house from what I can tell but some nice solid designs and some solid movement choices too.

They regularly run deals if you sign up via email for their mailing list and they sell watches that are returned on a discount page as I recall.
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/watches-sale.html

They have 7750 Chronos for $850ish and the couple I have seen WIS write about have gotten good marks.
Christopher Ward...? C40SKS_HERO
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm

My wife has one, I had two (now one). The build quality is pretty good.

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:45 pm

BTW - they have two websites (one US and the other world). Depending on the exchange rate, you can come out better on one or the other...same cost for shipping!

They actually sell new and preowned watches. They have sales all of the time, so you can pick a watch up for a decent price once in a while.

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:41 pm

What a STUNNING watch, and photo Greg ! Christopher Ward...? Icon_eek Yowza !!! Christopher Ward...? Icon_smile
Almost looks like it's on fire or something !..AWESOME sir !!!

Alan, I remember seeing some of their tritium models, a
while back, but they really seem to make alot of other
GREAT watches too. Just looking at the websites, and
info from Greg, Doc, and Mark..VERY COOL !

Here are a few more links with some information, along
with some reviews of some models when they were
originally released..

http://www.swissdesignerwatches.co.uk/why-christopher-ward/

http://professionalwatches.com/christopher_ward_1/

http://www.watchreport.com/christopher-ward/index.html

http://watches.infoniac.com/christopher-ward-watches/

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Tom I think I would of bought the diver long ago, if it came with a addition strap.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Beautiful picture Greg. I had'nt seen that model before or maybe just not in that level of detail.

Here are a couple pics of my CW. Its the C8 Pilot, a tribute to the British Spitfire warplane of the WWII era. You can see the Spitfire in some of the coloring and the second hand design. The caseback also has a partial blueprint form an original design drawing of the plane. As was mentioned, if you're looking at CW check prices on both websites-there can be a pretty good difference between the two.

Christopher Ward...? DSCF2189

Christopher Ward...? DSCF2017CW
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Great looking watch Mark...

...I like the blue accents you don't typically see on a pilot watch!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 pm

nhwoods wrote:
Tom I think I would of bought the diver long ago, if it came with a addition strap.

I see what you are saying Greg ! Christopher Ward...? Icon_smile ..Thanks alot for shedding some extra light on Christopher
Ward, as well as that photo of yours sir ! ..OUTSTANDING job !!!

Also, Mark..that C8 Pilot, and the pictures are EXCELLENT as well ! Christopher Ward...? 803574 The dial, with it's colors,
the case finish, and that case-back with the blueprints, and open heart IS impressive !

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward...?   Christopher Ward...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christopher Ward...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: