The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just don't GET Citizen??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

I just don't GET Citizen?? Empty
PostSubject: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Citizen makes more watches than anyone from what I hear. They have some incredibly innovative movements, they do Autos, they have killer tech in their watches, etc., etc., etc.

But, I just don't get them at all.

Look at this one.
I just don't GET Citizen?? 0407citizen_pop
I just don't GET Citizen?? Img10543938560

Divers watch for 200m dive with electric wave reception function
Accuracy: ± 15 seconds difference in the average month (non-receiving).
Approximate band width: 20mm.
Approximate case thickness: 13mm.
Automatic receiving station.
Calendar: Day and date.
Case: titanium (White IP plating + diamond like carbon).
Clasp: Fold over clasp with safety.
Driving period: Full-charge time about 2.5 years.
Forced reception function.
Glass: Crystal glass (non-reflective coating).
Overcharge protection. Receive regular feature.
Water resistant: 200m waterproof JIS ISO Standards. “Perfex” by integrating the three functions, " JIS1 Magnetic resistance species" , " shock detection" , and " needle-correction"
Anti-reverse bezel.
Approximate case size: 41mm.
Approximate weight: 108g.
Band: Titanium (White IP plating + diamond like carbon).
Caliber: H112.
Charge warning feature.
Dial: Black. Duratect.
Full auto calendar (2100 to February 28).
Movement: Eco-drive (Solar radio).
Band material: Titanium
Band length: Men's Standard
Clasp: Fold-over Clasp with Safety
Case material: Titanium
Case Size Thickness: 13 millimetres
Case diameter: 41 millimetres
Dial Color: Black
Crystal material: Anti-reflective crystal glass
Movement: Solar Quartz (Solar Radio)
Calender: Day - Date
Water resistant depth: 200 Meters

Solid features, right? 200m, 41mm, Ti case and bracelet with their "diamond like carbon" plating that is reported to be terrific, ISO rated (unlike Orient), with an Eco-drive movement with Solar radio for updating accurate time.

Killer. It costs $850 or so but comes with Mineral Crystal scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Seiko seems to use mineral on all their dive watches! they both seem to think the chance of sapphire shattering is more than the mineral getting scratches! All greek to me and they watch is kinda cool but not at the price, been wearing a citizen for 5 days in a row and really dig it but was only 235.00 and ive been having a super time playing with all the different straps! sneak peak for tomorrow...

I just don't GET Citizen?? 005-23
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:24 pm

But you're paying for their history...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 pm

cali kid wrote:
Seiko seems to use mineral on all their dive watches! they both seem to think the chance of sapphire shattering is more than the mineral getting scratches! All greek to me and they watch is kinda cool but not at the price, been wearing a citizen for 5 days in a row and really dig it but was only 235.00 and ive been having a super time playing with all the different straps! sneak peak for tomorrow...

I just don't GET Citizen?? 005-23

Trev,

First, very nice diver and the adapters MAKE that watch. At the price you paid for a 300m Diver I can see it. Honestly. But at $800+?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Doc, the highly coveted Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001 sell for around USD2000
and it comes with an unadjusted movement AND a mineral crystal (and it looks like
a Rolex), i'd probably take that Citizen and pocket the extra USD1,200.
What i dislike about Citizen are their insanely busy dials, it's like someone told them
that's cool.

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I love this Citizen JDM Promaster...DLC tough as nails hottness and I will buy it this year!!

I just don't GET Citizen?? 0dlc10

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

andrema wrote:
I love this Citizen JDM Promaster...DLC tough as nails hottness and I will buy it this year!!

Clean, readable at a glance, nice specs, looks good. What do they go for?
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Docrwm wrote:
andrema wrote:

Clean, readable at a glance, nice specs, looks good. What do they go for?
I have only seen them new and they go for around $550 to $600

http://cgi.ebay.com/Citizen-PROMASTER-JIS200m-ALL-DLC-PMX56-3003-/200496866611?pt=Wristwatches

http://hovanfue.com/products/CITIZEN-Promaster-JIS200m-ALL-DLC-model-PMX56%252d3002.html

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Cool watch Mark!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 am

I see what you are saying with having the mineral crystal for
that price Doc ! Guess sometimes companies will put those in
their watches at all different price levels. As for Citizen overall,
as well as this watch you are showing. I think they're both
pretty great to be honest. I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_biggrin They genuinely seem to build
a ton of quality watches which cover the spectrum from
simple and dressy, to sporty, almost alien type designs.
They kind of seem to have something for everyone !

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:24 pm

porschefan wrote:
But you're paying for their history...

Only the Swiss can charge for history. Its in the Swiss federation guidelines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Citizen CS will upgrade the crystal to sapphire for about $75 if you send it in to them.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Spaceview wrote:
Citizen CS will upgrade the crystal to sapphire for about $75 if you send it in to them.
Good to know...you have experience with them?

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:36 am

andrema wrote:
Spaceview wrote:

Yes, Citizen CS is one of the best in the industry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 am

Spaceview wrote:
andrema wrote:
Spaceview wrote:

Yes, Citizen CS is one of the best in the industry.

I can second that, they do have great CS. Did not know the cost of Sapphire for those models - thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 pm

I like Citizen and have a couple. Not a fan of mineral crystal, but at their price point, I can live with it.

I just don't GET Citizen?? Citizens8700

I just don't GET Citizen?? IMG_2904
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:03 pm

SCM64 wrote:
I like Citizen and have a couple. Not a fan of mineral crystal, but at their price point, I can live with it.

I just don't GET Citizen?? Citizens8700

I just don't GET Citizen?? IMG_2904

Steven,

The watch I posted is sold for $800+.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:53 pm

I currently have 11 Citizen watches. 3 quartz, 1 auto and 7 Eco Drives. One I got into the Eco Drive watches that was pretty much it. Some of their designs do leave a little to be desired but I've seen some Seiko designs that had me scratching my head wondering WTF? My favorite one is the BN0000-04H, a 300m diver that measures 41mm x 12mm. Light, comfy and on a zulu it cant' be beat I just don't GET Citizen?? 803574 .
I just don't GET Citizen?? F97a294ac9b14562b3530e2f676cb4d5
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm

So, does the additional $75.00 for a sapphire crystal now make any difference on what one thinks regarding the $800.00 price tag?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Docrwm wrote:
<snip>

Steven,

The watch I posted is sold for $800+.

No, I hear what you are saying Robert. Hey if it was up to me every watch would have Sapphire. I just don't GET Citizen?? 933578

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just don't GET Citizen??   I just don't GET Citizen?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just don't GET Citizen??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: