The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition

Go down 
+2
PoliMalaka
Breez
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Empty
PostSubject: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Gbr1

It has been a long time coming but finally the fantastic Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition 643 7609 8585 has arrived.

Oris have been hugely successful with this watch already since its launch here at Hayman Island in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef itself.

For every GBR (as people are now calling it) watch sold Oris will donate $50 to the Australian Marine Conservation Society so they can continue to their great work on the Great Barrier Reef.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm liking that! And a lefty to boot. Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:21 pm

OMG, I am in love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Given the interest in Oris here over the past year, I thought this would be warmly welcomed.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm

I gotta say, these Oris TT watches all look the same to me. One or two variations is great.

More than that and you end up looking like Renato/Invicta.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm sure it's a solid watch but I don't get LEFT CROWNS unless you are left handed and wear it on your right wrists?

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Another AWESOME Oris ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_cheers ..The different colors, along
with the crowns being on the left side is a cool twist. It's
hard not to like whatever Oris tries out, and even though
I'm not a lefty this watch is pretty special. Just the way
these cases are, and how those dial look with those wave
patterns, along with neat looking hands, and markers are
enogh to make you smile ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_smile

Doc, don't forget you always liked the green Chronoris ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_cyclops

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Movadobaby_2115_184894786

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Tom,

Yes, that is a favorite of mine. Although I have little interest in chronos right now........
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Tom,

Yes, that is a favorite of mine. Although I have little interest in chronos right now........

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition 803574 ..Maybe sometime down the road then ?!

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:35 pm

GBR is nice. Big at 47mm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:07 pm

47mm they dont want the crowns digging into your wrist! Nice thing Oris is doing now just get some scotch-brite out and start brushing!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 pm

cali kid wrote:
47mm they dont want the crowns digging into your wrist! Nice thing Oris is doing now just get some scotch-brite out and start brushing!

So that is the reason for a lefty.... Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_bounce

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Certainly I'm liking the look of this one! I don't dive so I really don't know if the crowns would get in your way however, I have never had a problem with either crown bothering my wrist. Also, this is 47mm at the base. Due to the shape of the case, there is a diminishing of the width as you come up to the bezel. It measures 43-44mm. It plays a bit smaller. Here's mine for perspective on a 7 1/2" wrist:

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition IMG_2002
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:19 am

That is SOME kind of Oris too John ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:00 am

i like the color combo on this one, but im sure because its a l.e. they will want a lot more for it than the regular sm seconds. i have the this one and its one of my favorites. Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition P2163647bl1
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:00 pm

I agree Steve, and your watch honestly looks as GOOD
as the Limited Edition ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition 803574

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Tom,

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition 803574 ..Maybe sometime down the road then ?!

$1800
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 am

AtomicTom wrote:
thanks tom, i went to gemnation where i bought this one and they have the new l.e. but they say that they havent set a price for it yet. you know what that means $$$$$$
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:36 am

TAZMAN64 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
thanks tom, i went to gemnation where i bought this one and they have the new l.e. but they say that they havent set a price for it yet. you know what that means $$$$$$

You are VERY welcome Steve ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_smile ..I think you are right..the l.e. is going to be a bit much
most likely !..Gemnation sounds COOL though !..Thanks for the info sir !

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 am

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Tom,

$1800

This one is a little less Doc ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_smile

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Movadobaby_2115_184735982

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 am

Anomaly wrote:
I'm sure it's a solid watch but I don't get LEFT CROWNS unless you are left handed and wear it on your right wrists?
Being a lefty and usually having the crown(s) reversed is imo a benefit as they dont dig into the back of your hand or wrist.the drawback,for me at least, on a normal watch,being a left hander is i cant adjust the watch w/o taking it off.this watch fixes both it allows a righty the ability to wear a watch w/o a crown digging and a lefty has the option th finally wear a watch that can be adjusted w/o taking the watch off
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:58 pm

what7 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Being a lefty and usually having the crown(s) reversed is imo a benefit as they dont dig into the back of your hand or wrist.the drawback,for me at least, on a normal watch,being a left hander is i cant adjust the watch w/o taking it off.this watch fixes both it allows a righty the ability to wear a watch w/o a crown digging and a lefty has the option th finally wear a watch that can be adjusted w/o taking the watch off

That make sense...

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Tom,

$1800

This one is a little less Doc ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_smile

Thanks Tom. The price difference is not much and the Grand Prix 70 is a fully functioning 7754 with GMT and 3 registers (seconds, 30 minute, and 12 hours) while the standard Chronoris has only the 30 minute sub-dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Great looking watch, I am a lefty but I do not wear my watches on my right wrist. But it makes sense to place the crowns on left hand side for the leftys that do. There are several watch brands that are doing it now.

What is the 2nd crown for? It does not appear to have an internal bezel but then I could be wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm

HRV... helium release valve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm

One of the world’s natural wonders

The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition is an unusual and desirable diver’s watch with a quality mechanical movement and a host of attractive design features. For each watch purchased Oris will make a donation to the Australian Marine Conservation Society to help fund their work protecting the Great Barrier Reef. It is no wonder Oris wants to help protect one of the world’s natural wonders.

Reference: 01 643 7609 8585-Set RS

Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case, minutes scale top ring

Dial: Blue dial printed wave structure

Strap/Bracelet: Black rubber strap, stainless steel security folding clasp with extension

Movement: Automatic winding small second, date. Developed by Oris.

For full specs see Movement.

Size: 47.00 mm, 1.85 inches

Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on outside, anti-reflective coating inside

Case Back: Stainless steel, special engravings, screwed

Operating Devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown and Helium valve

Luminous Material: Indices and hands Superluminova dark orange

Water Resistance: 100 bar (1000 m, 3281 ft)

Interhorn Width: 24 mm

Extras: Neoprene presentation zip case, key fob with AMCS logo, diver's log book, limited to 1000 pieces

Number: Oris 643, base ETA 2836-2

Dimensions: Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’

Functions: Centre hands for hours and minutes, subsidiary second at 9 h, date window, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second

Winding: Automatic winding, bi-directionally rotating red rotor

Power-Reserve: 38 hrs

Vibrations: 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz

Jewels: 27
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Tom,

$1800

Thanks Tom. The price difference is not much and the Grand Prix 70 is a fully functioning 7754 with GMT and 3 registers (seconds, 30 minute, and 12 hours) while the standard Chronoris has only the 30 minute sub-dial.

No problem Doc !..That Grand Prix 70 really IS SPECIAL ! Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition 46145 ..The look, the movement, and the
whole limited edition theme take it up an extra level for sure !

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 am

ive always liked the 70 grand prix, but now i even like it better knowing what engine it has under the hood. i dont think i have ever seen one posted on any of the forums and that even makes it better to me. i like owning watches that you dont see in everyone elses collection. great piece and thanks for all the specs. steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition   Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oris – Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: