The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega X-33 in the house!

Go down 
+4
AtomicTom
TAZMAN64
PoliMalaka
thianwong
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Omega X-33 in the house! Empty
PostSubject: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Just a splendid model...!

Omega X-33 in the house! Wristshotonrail
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

I love that damn watch.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm

that watch would be right at home on mars! congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

haha..Steve, when NASA lands on Mars, I'll be ready hehehe! Razz
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Thian, this is X-CEPTIONAL !!!! Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_cheers ..I know you have
been waiting for this one, and let me say that it doesn't
disappoint at all !!! Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_biggrin First of all, it's an Omega, so right
away you realize that this is going to be a top notch watch.
However, then you see just how different, how cool, how
off the charts the actual look, and design is on your X-33 !
That dial is part James Bond, and part sci-fi ! ..The ani-digi
part of the dial is very ingenius, and adds some real personality
to the watch, without taking over the watch. It's really NICE,
as well as being something you don't see every day ! Omega X-33 in the house! 803574
I also think those hands look OUTSTANDING too. They have
that signature Omega look, while at the same time showing
up really well against the dial. Looks like there is even a
small plane on your second hand, which is always a neat
extra cool detail to have ! Have to say the chapter ring
is great also. That's where the classic sport Omega comes
in I think. It has a deep look, and the markers seem to be
immersed into it as well. Wow !!!..It's neat how it draws
your eyes right up to the bezel with all of it's unique
details, like the markings, numbers, and more planes ! Omega X-33 in the house! 46145
..Yet another neat aspect of the watch, is how the pushers,
or at least their shape is mirrored in the case shape on the
left side of the watch also. That IS EXCELLENT too ! Finish
it off with a stellar bracelet, and you have one out of this
world watch to be really really proud of sir !!!!..Congratulations
on having the X-33 ! ..THIS is one to ENJOY ! Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_smile

What a SUPER pic here by the way !!!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Awesome watch Thian!!! Congratulations on the newest Omega!!!

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:59 am

Omega X-33 in the house! 203558 Omega X-33 in the house! 203558 Omega X-33 in the house! 203558 Omega X-33 in the house! 203558 Omega X-33 in the house! 203558
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks, Guys! I guess it is the tool watch concept in me that is attractive....don't know why! haha! My 2000 Seiko Landtrek Adventure watch ti, GMTand Perpetual quartz is my standard daily nite/day watch, but the X-33 will alternate!
What one should remember is that this model supposedly took 9 years in the making/prototypes made, pilot/astronaut user input suggestions etc etc....for instance, the pusher design was made for gloved hands, not just for cosmetics. Everything on the watch had/has a user purpose. The functions text is circular so the user can view it when the hand is at an oblique angle!
There were 2 generations made called: Gen1 and Gen2. Gen1 had a shiny bezel and traditional crown grooved design. Gen2 changed to brushed titanium bezel and a ringed crown, for better right hand pulling out, the grooved design thought to be not really as functional but more simply traditional.
Though not a thermocompensation module, its accuracy is around 37 sec/year...not too shabby! haha!
I had read that Gen1 models had AR coating on both crystal sides, but Gen2 came out with only the underside coating, so that the top would not cause glare!
Hands clarity is exceptional,as the photos shows...equally my Seiko and the lume is very good too, showing brightness when you come in from outside!
The watch came with alternate Kevlar straps, but pilots were not supposed to use them, since if in a fire situation, the kevlar could melt on the wrist! haha!
The alarm feature rings at 80 decibels!!! loud enough to be heard over cockpit noise!!! (when I was bartending way back in the 70s in rock/roll bars, Vancouver Canada safety specs for hearing was set at 80 decibels! Of course back then, rock bands went higher than that! haha!
The major criticisms of the X-33 were: shiny bezel and only 30m water resistance.
The watch approximates my Landtrek with its titanium lightness and size, at 42mm wide. So, the X-33 is perfect for my 6.5 inch wrist! hehe!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:15 am

Great looking watch and Great info on the model. Thanks for the scoop on this. Did not know this even existed before your post.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:37 am

Now that's Ani-Digi done right! Congrats Thian....that is Omega X-33 in the house! 933578 .

Omega X-33 in the house! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega X-33 in the house!   Omega X-33 in the house! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega X-33 in the house!
Page 1 of 1