The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dievas GMT...

Go down 
+7
watchdaddy1
PoliMalaka
Chris S.
TVDinner
barnbuilder
merichar
Anomaly
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 am

New Dievas GMT... Dievasgmt

The new Dievas Voyageur GMT is made of the firms proprietary 6Steel.

New Dievas GMT... Dievasgmt1

This hardening process was developed by Dievas in collaboration with our German specialized high tech metallurgy partner. First, our premium 316L CNC watch case is heated in a mixture of carbon gases at precised low temperature to allow diffusion of atoms. This intricate process is duplicated repeatedly over long hours to superimpose supersaturation and concentration of carbon. The sudden immense energy from carbon atoms accumulation results in 30µm layered hardening of the case to 1300 Hv on the Vickers scale(6 times the orignal hardness of normal stainless steel). The toughened case is then put through a vacuum chamber for plasma coating to elevate the corrosion resistance, particularly against sea water and sweat. This multi layering process makes the 6Steel case an ideal candidate for use in sports and diving watches.

A total of no less than 35 hours is spent making every case.

Specifications:

45mm case, with AR-coated sapphire crystal. Water resistance to 100 meters. Lug width is 24mm.

Movement is the Swiss automatic ETA caliber 2893-2, in Top Grade finish with GMT complications. It features Cotes de Geneva finish on the rotor and plates, Incabloc antishock system, rhodium plating, and a Glycodor balance. Power reserve is 42 hours.

From TZ...

Senior Associate
merichar

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 am

I like the fact that they are hardening the case, (its harder than My Damasko which I can't seem to scratch.) The GMT marker is a little gimmicky and where are the crown guards? At 45 mm with no bezel this thing will likely play a bit larger than that. I usually like this type of bare bones pilot style watch, but this one will have to grow on me some.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 am

I like it except the GMT lettering scratch
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:59 am

WOW the letters "GMT" on the hand look horrible to me. I like the rest of the look of the watch but can not get past that and it is all I see on the face of the watch.
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am

I don't know , just not feeling it New Dievas GMT... 71883
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Terrible with the lettering on the GMT hand.
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

ANDERS makes 1 hellofa solid timepiece but WOW! did he [email=F@!K]F@!K[/email] this 1 up w/ the gimicky GMT lettering, that's all you can focus on
Back to top Go down

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I agree, the GMT kills it for me, otherwise its a pretty good looking watch.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 pm

I am in agreement with those beofre me.......dislike the GMT lettering but, do like the overall look. It will play much larger on the wrist and Mark pointed out due to lack of bezel width.
Back to top Go down

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Ya the GMT, GMT hand needs to go ..
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 pm

This is like a Super Dievas right here ! Smile ..That 6Steel sounds OUTSTANDING,
and also seems like an IMPRESSIVE process. Kind of makes you appreciate
the watch even more imho. Plus the outside is nice to look at as well. Kind
of has a nice and simple look with the case, hands, and numbers. However,
between those accents on the dial, as well as strap, and the different take
on the GMT hand, there really seems to be a little extra edge to this Dievas !
..A NEAT movement behind it all, is pretty GREAT too !!!

Associate
max

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:18 pm

From 7 to 12 the GMT would be upside down also. A "bugsme" factor.

Suggestions:

Run the GMT down the second hand,
G
M
T
Arrowhead

Or if the hands were already purchased in bulk, paint the GMT black so it doesnt show as much.

Nice watch otherwise except for being too huge for mere mortals.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 pm

max wrote:
Nice watch otherwise except for being too huge for mere mortals.
Hush your mouth!!

Don't you know that anything less than 45mm is a woman's watch. It's true! I read it on the internetz. You're a weak girly wimp..
Back to top Go down

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 pm

G...M...T New Dievas GMT... 288387 New Dievas GMT... 288387 which is kind of a shame cause it has a nice dial on it.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:25 pm

As stated....the Easy fix is just black out the GMT letters....would look great!!

New Dievas GMT... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Awesome watch! The GMT on the hand is a nice change, different and a pretty agressive decision.....someone has to do it first. I'm sure when I receive it tomorrow(Monday), it will look awesome on my wrist:)
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Axelay2003 wrote:
Awesome watch! The GMT on the hand is a nice change, different and a pretty agressive decision.....someone has to do it first. I'm sure when I receive it tomorrow(Monday), it will look awesome on my wrist:)

Congratulations ahead of time Axelay2003 ! cheers ..That REALLY is an AWESOME watch you are getting there.
..The GMT hand is off the charts, and so is the entire watch !!! ..Can't wait to see it ! New Dievas GMT... 803574

New Dievas GMT... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dievas GMT...   New Dievas GMT... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dievas GMT...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: