The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you guys think of Squale?

Go down 
+2
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

What do you guys think of Squale? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 am

These are pics from OT...

I GUESS Squale is re-entering the watch market place?

What is your take on these watches?

What do you guys think of Squale? SQUALE%2B101%2BATM%2B%2528colors1%2529

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm

i like this one much better, 750 bones list and you need to call princeton watches for the sales price, so low they cant print it in the ad! also 44mm!!

What do you guys think of Squale? TIGERM-LSRWhat do you guys think of Squale? TIGERM-BSR
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Meh...
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 pm

I like that one too Trev...

..except for the high polished bezel.

Do you know if it comes brushed?

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Brother, tape up the crystal with some masking tape, then tape a thumb tack on the center of the crystal and poke it through a piece of scotch-brite pad and just start turning the watch or scotch-brite pad in a clockwise direction! You will end up with a perfectly brushed bezel that looks like it came out of the factory!!!

What do you guys think of Squale? 100_3192

What do you guys think of Squale? 100_3195

What do you guys think of Squale? 100_3194

End result on what was a polished bezel..

What do you guys think of Squale? 004-7

reaaly would like to know how cheap they are blowing the tiger out??
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 pm

I can see that on a smooth bezel...

...how do you think it would work out on a numbered bezel?

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Tiger also looks sick on a mesh bracelet....... just sayin' Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Ive done it to these bad boys when you get some bezel rash!!

What do you guys think of Squale? 009-7

What do you guys think of Squale? 004

What do you guys think of Squale? 100_1842

And of coarse the old polished Doxa bezel had to go.....

Before

What do you guys think of Squale? 100_1807

After

What do you guys think of Squale? 010-7
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm

GREAT work Trev!

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 pm

it's really easy Alan and if you can score a tiger for say 500 bones you wont have a bunch into it! brush that bezel, throw it on some mesh and you will have one of a kind...... until i get one!!! You know we got to keep both coast in sweet watches!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 pm

cali kid wrote:
it's really easy Alan and if you can score a tiger for say 500 bones you wont have a bunch into it! brush that bezel, throw it on some mesh and you will have one of a kind...... until i get one!!! You know we got to keep both coast in sweet watches!

That's right my Breitling Brutha!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:29 pm

I like these watches Alan ! What do you guys think of Squale? 803574 The new Professional 101 ATM's kind of harken
back to those great vintage dive watch styles from the past. The length of the
case, as well as the attractive dials, and different bezel combinations bring both
the past and present together VERY nicely imho. It's also really interesting just
because they seem to have had an excellent history of making cool dive watches.
Hopefully these watches here are just the beginning of more great Squale watches
to come ! Smile ..By the way, I like the Tiger 300 that Trevor is showing too !!! That
bezel is INCREDIBLE, and the overall look of the watch, along with ingenius button
for the bezel is just TOO GOOD as well. It honestly looks AWESOME, but also looks
as if the quality rivals other higher end dive watches out there. The polished bezel
looks EXTRA wide, and unique too imho, and Trevor's Scotch-Brite trick can always
take it up a notch also if you wanted Alan ! ..Thanks for these pictures of the new
Squale here Alan, and thanks for showing us all of those watches and brushed bezels
Trev !

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 pm

They are pretty nice....just not on the shopping list.....

What do you guys think of Squale? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Pretty nice! Not a fan of hooded lugs though, but looks nice. I like the black/black version the best...now if it cam in DLC, I would be all over that!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 pm

I like the first model better, and prefer the all black bezel. Not a fan of bezel locks, the red button looks like a cheap reset button to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:00 pm

cali kid wrote:
i like this one much better, 750 bones list and you need to call princeton watches for the sales price, so low they cant print it in the ad! also 44mm!!

What do you guys think of Squale? TIGERM-LSRWhat do you guys think of Squale? TIGERM-BSR

FWIW

John (conjurer) over at BDWF picked up that exact model and sent it back within two days I believe. John is honest and straight forward about his watch reviews and did not have a lot of good things to say about the watch. He said enough for me to stay away from them at the price point they are at.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think of Squale?   What do you guys think of Squale? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Squale?
Page 1 of 1