The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ocean7 Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm looking at maybe getting a LM-1 or LM-7 Banana Special Edition.

The LM-1 comes in a Cold Carbon Hardened Case. Can someone tell me what that is and what it means.

If you own one tell me what you think and are they worth the $1200.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 am

According to what I have read on WUS, Ocean7 uses the same company that Sinn uses to do this hardening process. Sinn calls it Tegimented, and O7 calls it cold carbon hardened. I've been considering that watch largely because it is hardened. What I do know is that the Damasko I have which is ice hardened to 710 Vickers, (O7 claims 1300 Vickers on the LM1) is pretty much scratchproof. I've worn the Damasko a lot in the 6 months or so that I have owned it and it is still scratch free. I'll include a picture I took today of it on a new strap. As far as value-who knows? I have a LM3 that I bought used a year and a half ago for under $500 that I love. The case hardening is very definitely a major upgrade IMO.

Ocean7 Question IMG_2350
Back to top Go down

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:18 am

O7 will be great but it does seem like alot of dough but the Sinn is that much or more! If it was me i would be all over the Damasko, just something very cool about the watch. Haved loved it everytime Mark lets us see it and you wont find them all over the place! Also since its so scratchproof if you dont mind buying used the O7 will come down in price alot faster than the two other brands!
Back to top Go down

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:38 pm

I have an original LM-1 Limited Edition...

Ocean7 Question O7LM101

And the new LM-1 with PVD case and lume dial...

Ocean7 Question LumeDialLM101

Even though they are both an LM-1, they are completely different in every way. Where the lume is on the hour markers of the original LM-1, the dial is lumed on the new LM-1. Both wear comfortable. The only negative I have is with the original LM-1. The crown is way too close to the lug and it's a pain to wind, a design flaw that was never caught during production.

I forgot to mention one thing regarding the new LM-1, this was the only one made with skeleton hands, which in itself makes it a one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 am

Good looking watches...

I love my LM7...

Ocean7 has quite a varied following, from FAN BOYS to guys like me who love the watch but are not happy with the "132 click bezel" or Mitch's people skills...

IMO..that new LM1 should have a BLACK dial and a LUMED WAFER BEHIND the dial, why else have a SANDWICH dial?

I will say that the skeleton hands DO look good on the lumed dial!

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:03 pm

nhwoods wrote:
I'm looking at maybe getting a LM-1 or LM-7 Banana Special Edition.

The LM-1 comes in a Cold Carbon Hardened Case. Can someone tell me what that is and what it means.

If you own one tell me what you think and are they worth the $1200.

So, did you get one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ocean7 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean7 Question   Ocean7 Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ocean7 Question
Page 1 of 1