The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial

Go down 
+3
Chris S.
sixtysix
Anomaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Empty
PostSubject: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:14 pm

This is my latest addition to my collection. This was the first "live" version of this watch that I have seen not including stock photos/old websites. When I saw it, I had to have it. Only 300 of this variation made and a very rare find.

This one is model #9802 to go with the model #2086 black dial I have had for a while. These are my absolute favorite watch designs and I feel very lucky to own both of these watches. All Invicta bashing aside, these are beautiful, high quality, eye-catching examples of watch-making perfection. The models that started the Subaqua line and a line very special to Invicta. On to some pictures that help capture the elegance and beauty of the Original Subaqua Noma.

Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_140000000
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_150000001
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_150000002
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_150000004
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_150000003
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_330000000
Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 401_101528_340000001

Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed the show!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Glad you got the one you were after, that is a great feeling!

Great pics!

Enjoy!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Those are great photos! I really like the copper dial...not many watches have this color....Enjoy both of them.

Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:15 am

Ohh the Good ole Days Very Happy

Congrats on a Great Invicta.. Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 803574 ,

I had a Black dial , I wish I hadn't sold it off Sad

The Copper is really Cool ,, Congrats Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 74725
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 am

Cool watches. I really like them.

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Holy COW Royster you have yourself a SPECTACULAR looking watch here sir !!!! Very Happy Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 803574 This
Subaqua Copper "Dimple" version has all of the beauty, quality, along with eye-catching qualities
that you mentioned, but that "Dimple" dial is just incredible. I have to admit that I'm not familiar
with the dimple dial model. Have seen the original version, and always liked it very much, but this
one here is a REAL WINNER sir ! Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 46145 You have to be EXTREMELY proud to add this one to your
other black dial version, which is also gorgeous by the way. ..WOW ! ..Now with the "Dimple"
version you can't help but look at just how NEAT the concept looks. Each like an it's own individual
perfect crater dotting the surface perfectly. Again, I haven't seen this before, and it's one of those
things that helps set a watch apart. It's definitely a uniquely cool idea to use on a dial that's for sure.
I like how they are in nice straight rows, but also enjoy how at times you see them, and other times
they blend in more with the dial more. GREAT concept ! GREAT stuff Royster ! ..Also noticing how those
dimples kind of play off of the dot markers on the dial as well. Each one of the markers is just the right
size in my opinion. They are BOLD, continue that uniform dot theme, and just REALLY look AWESOME ! Smile
Hey, even the one sub-dial gas some dots on it, along with a triangle, and rectangle. Almost looks like
a little watch dial in it's own right !!! ..I genuinely ENJOY those hands there also sir. They have that
harpoonish dive feel, while at the same time looking VERY elegant. What a NICE job Invicta did there.
Same has to be said for the overall dial color itself ! ..That copper is ASTONISHING imho. Again you do
not see that on every other watch. Plus it has to be amazingly FUN to view, or stare at. You might find
yourself looking down at this dial, and forgetting to look at the time it's so good. Want to just add that
the chapter ring, and other two sub-dials are nicely done too sir. Also like the way "Automatic" is written
in that script there as well. It's just another example of how this watch has that special elegance, along
with beauty you mentioned. ..It all continues right onto the bezel of the watch also with all of the various
unique details. The PHENOMENAL wide spaced coin edge is TOO GOOD, and again sets itself from other
dive watch bezels around. It also has the stunning raised sections at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions
which adds some extra aggressiveness imho. By the way, the lume pip at 12 o'clock ROCKS ! Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial 933578
Those numbers are BOLD addition as well, which is just terrific as well. They are easy to read, but also
give you something else to stare at with this watch. In a way, they almost lead your eyes to the similarly
aggressive pushers on the watch. The way in which they extend from the case is EXCELLENT. Have to
add that THAT case is SO smooth looking, with it's shape, and polishing it's unbelievable. Hey, even the
lug screws mirror the pusher style sir. NICE ! ..They act as a cool, and classy entrance onto the bracelet,
which also has some very very different features. The center links MONSTEROUSLY nice, while the outer
ones keep things elegant. Finally it's the movement that finishes things off with both beauty, and aggression.
That decoration, along with seeing the various working parts is one of the BEST parts of this watch. A
watch that is unique in every way, and mixes elegance, with aggressiveness flawlessy sir ! Congratulations
on adding this Subaqua to your collection !!! ..I know you are enjoying it ! Very Happy

Beautiful watch, along with pictures Royster !

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am

hey roy, i think you should change your name to the "SAN MAN" with all the subaqua's you own. this is another great example of what invicta has done in the past. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
maestro
Associate
maestro

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 pm

WOW! I've never seen two of the original Sub Aquas together in one place. You are a lucky man. IMHO they are head and shoulders above any and all models of Invicta that have come after.

Wear those beauties in good health, m'Man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 pm

The nicest of all the SA's.....congrats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial   Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Subaqua Noma Copper "Dimple" Dial
Page 1 of 1