The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny Story

Go down 
+4
jaw
merichar
sixtysix
smellody
8 posters
AuthorMessage
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Funny Story-
Over the past several weeks I have benefited from the use of a coworker’s parking space, so I have left my motorcycle at home. The parking space was not available today so I rode my motorcycle. Any of these issues below would individually be funny, but taken as a whole, I had a very trying lunch hour.
1. Put on my raingear, went down to the street, put on my helmet, glasses, and gloves. I put my hand in my pocket, no keys. I backtracked to my office, no key. I check every pocket in my raingear, no key. I head back to my motorcycle to find someone holding my key and said that they saw me searching for something and thought it might be the key in his hand.
2. Replaced my helmet, glasses, and gloves. Put the key in the ignition. The starter solenoid would not engage the starter. (It does this about once every six months, but always engages and is fine for another six months.) I try to get it to engage for 10 minutes then called Stephanie to let her know that I would not be coming home unless the bike started. I tried for 10 more minutes and considered my options.
a. Push start the bike by walking it about two blocks to the only elevation in downtown Salem. Now.
b. Wait until rush hour traffic to push start the bike by walking it about two blocks to the only elevation in downtown Salem.
c. Have Stephanie pick me up in rush hour traffic and come back at 9:00 PM to push start the bike by walking it about two blocks to the only elevation in downtown Salem.
3. I went with plan a. I put on my helmet, put on my glasses, put my gloves in my pocket, and walked my bike across Court Street. Once halfway through the parking lot that continues for the next block, I determined that I could not see out of my fogged up glasses, so I put them in my pocket.
4. Success, I push started my bike on the first try! With a car behind me, I had to wait until the next stop sign to replace my glasses. At the stop sign, I reach into my empty pocket; no glasses.
5. I backtracked to the parking lot where I had put my glasses in my pocket, retracing my path. I found my glasses in the middle of Chemeketa. Success I put them on. There is a car coming so I stuff my gloves back into my pockets. It took six stops lights to finally successfully refit my gloves onto my wet, red, frozen hands.
6. I made it home with five minutes to spare. Jumped in the car and drove back to the parking spot that was then available. I guess I need to step up and starting paying $55 a month for a parking space.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Pushing your bike sucks!! Been there done that...at least you made it home alive!! How much is a new starter solenoid? I might start there Very Happy .

Funny Story Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:07 am

At least you made it home safe and sound, with your glasses and everything else. One rainy day on a bike and I would be paying for parking. As much as paying for parking seems unholy, its better than wet and cold in my book.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 am

Man, what an ordeal. That's it, no bikes for me.
Some days it doesn't pay to get outta bed.

$55/mo - Such a deal.
I used to work in downtown Chicago ~20yrs ago - $125/mo.
Shudder to think what it is now.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:04 am

Should we start a SMELLODY PARKING FUND???

lol!

Senior Associate
andrema

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

I'm in for the Smellody Parking Fund...pretty "geeky" thing Very Happy

FYI - When I worked in Hartford a few years ago, my monthly parking fee was $225 at the garage. The surface lots were a little cheaper, but way less safe. Given the fact that I sometimes leave work at 2am, it was well worth the additonal $50/month!

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

The day from hell!
I was afraid you were going to say once you returned with your car, the space was already occupied. Funny Story 17297
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh man !!! What a story Chris ! Funny Story 46145 Some times it just seems
like nothing is going right. Fortunately everything did end up
working out though. Plus you ended up getting the parking
place again after all was said, and done too ! cheers ..Great job
sir !!!!

Consigliere
smellody

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 am

Round two. . . I now have spot 52!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

smellody wrote:
Round two. . . I now have spot 52!

Very NICE Chris ! Smile.. Funny Story 803574 Funny Story 803574

Funny Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Story   Funny Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny Story
Page 1 of 1