The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal

Go down 
AuthorMessage

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Empty
PostSubject: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:51 am

The liquidmetal part of the bezel is all of the numbers and markings. Liquidmetal is a special alloy that can be used in manufacturing in ways similar to plastic injection-molding but, when hardened, is virtually scratch and erosion-proof.
Your thoughts about the model:
OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  LM+00OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  LM+01

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 am

SICK COOL WATCH!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry...I am an Omega fanboy and am not willing to spend an additional $1200 for a bezel.

Plus, the dial is way too shiny for my taste!

BTW - I would not trade my "regular PO 42mm" for the liquified version...awesome watch!

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  DSC08479

Last edited by andrema on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 pm

It looks great but I'd think twice about spending the extra money until they figure out what's ailing the 2500 in the current POs.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:34 pm

i love the p.o.'s, i think its one of the best looking watches out there, but i would not pay the extra just for that bezel. it may be worth it just not to me. steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 am

I think it's pretty OUTSTANDING ! Very Happy ..On the one hand you already have a
legendary watch, and company with a great history, along with reputation.
Then to add in such a new, and exciting innovation as the liquid metal theme,
just makes it that much more interesting. Not to mention COOL ! Cool It's just
REALLY beautiful, and evidently near indestructible TOO by the sound of it !!!
Will be interesting to see if Omega uses this process with more of their watch
models, or we see it, or similar ideas used by other watch companies in the
future. ..Super watch, along with topic sir !!! ..Thanks alot, and welcome
aboard by the way !

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 am

live watch actually "burn"...
in comparing with conventional steel and even gold - attracts the attention much more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm

andrema wrote:
Sorry...I am an Omega fanboy and am not willing to spend an additional $1200 for a bezel.

Plus, the dial is way too shiny for my taste!

The dial is that shiny because it is blk ceramic.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:51 am

Love the PO! Need to see the liquid metal in person. Would consider it if it looked as good as it's description. Side by side comparison, older version PO vs. Liquid Metal. Great watch in either case!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Agree with Northwestguy. The PO is just a great looking timepiece. I really like the idea of essentially scratch proof bezels/bezel inserts, too (ceramic or sapphire, in particular). Price difference for the "liquid metal" version seems steep but may not be unreasonable given the upgrades and limited availability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Super video Himmelblau !!! cheers Thanks very much for putting
it up, and welcome to XMT also by the way ! Smile

jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

I find this really interesting. Love the process and love the watch..very nice..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm

wow...awesome video,himmelblau cheers
besides, I got smth new about watch manufacturing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal    OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Watch Brands :: Swiss Brands :: Swiss/German/Asian/Japanese/Chinese-
Jump to: