The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New addition ...

Go down 
+6
AtomicTom
Chris S.
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
Anomaly
andrema
10 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Recently, I got the "buying bug" again and have been searching for my next watch purchase. One of the brands that I have always admired, but never purchased, is Sinn. I always enjoyed the "tool" look and the ruggedness of the Sinn U1, so I decided to buy one. The package arrived yesterday and it was on my desk this morning. Here are some quick iPhone pictures, including comparison shots to my other "tool diver" the Stowa Seatime that I was wearing when I arrived to work this morning. Anyhoo...

For those of you who do not know the specs of the U1, here the basics:

Case Diameter: 44mm
Bezel: Tegimented steel
Crystal: Sapphire
Dial: Black
Strap: Rubber
Lug Width: 22mm
Movement: ETA 2824-2
Water Resistant: 1000m

The watch:

New addition ...  Sinn

Comparison to the Stowa Seatime:

New addition ...  U1vsStowa
New addition ...  U1vsStowa2

Overall I am very pleased so far. It wears very nice on the rubber strap. I was actually surprised how small it wears on the wrist. I actually think the Stowa wears larger, even with it's 42mm case size.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah, you thought you would slip that one buy in the WUW section, but I saw it!!!!!

Very cool!

Congrats and Enjoy!

Consigliere
sixtysix

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Sinn makes a great watch....1000M? That should do it Razz . Congrats

New addition ...  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:52 pm

hey mark, great watch!!! ive always liked sinn watches, but this one is my favorite. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:12 pm

A few more pictures:

New addition ...  Sinn3
New addition ...  Sinn1-1

Senior Associate
Chris S.

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Sweet , Congrats

I've wanted one for awhile..
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:46 pm

What an UNBELIVABLY NICE watch Mark !!!!! Very Happy Great decision going after this one too !
That "tool" look that you mention is really SPECTACULAR imho. This Sinn honestly looks
like a TOUGH customer, but at the same time has ALL of the smoothness, and class you
could really ever need or want. Looks like it gets along pretty well with your Stowa by
the looks of it also. cheers Very cool side-by-side right there. Hard to pick a favorite when
you are comparing two watches like those ! ..The first thing that honestly stands out
with your new Sinn if you ask me, seems to be that EXTRAORDINARY bead-blasted finish
that is on everything. Just the way in which it looks on the case, showing off all of the
different segments is neat enough. However, then you also find out that the case-back,
bezel, AND even the super smooth clasp is bead-blasted as well. cyclops It's so interesting to
see that many parts of the watch done so nicely like that I think. Really looks AMAZING
from your pictures, and I imagine to see the watch up close in person must be something
special !!! Looking at the bezel is extremely enjoyable also Mark ! ..You see the same quality
bead-blasted finish that was on the rest of the watch, along with some excellent little details
that make this bezel stand out above the crowd. The width looks perfect, and gives the entire
watch an even more intimidating feel imho. Add in those spaced teeth on the bezel's edge, and
you are adding in even more toughness, along with aggressiveness. Like you mentioned there
is a genuine, rugged feel to watches like these which makes things ALOT of fun to look at, and
of course wear I'm sure. What's interesting is how on top of that rugged style, or feel, there is
some INCREDIBLE class, as well as coolness. Seeing all of the intricate markings, along with
numbers on the bezel is REALLY something !!! I like how Sinn used red, black, and white as the
accent colors. It makes for a unique theme for the entire watch. Even looks as if some of the
markings are dug right into the steel itself, which is AWESOME as well Mark ! ..Now with the dial,
it looks like all of the best parts of this watch come together just right. The all around look doesn't
really remind you of other watches out there. From the rectangle markers with small extensions
coming off of the ends, to the hands, which literally seem to reflect that same look. This dial
keeps that aggressive TOUGH style going !!! New addition ...  933578 It's especially nice how when the hands match
up with the markers, they almost seem to extend themselves because they look so similar. Kind
of looks as if they fit together like a puzzle or something ! ..GREAT stuff Mark !!!! ..Have to just
add that the use of the same colors on the dial was also a terrific idea. The way that the second
hand must look as it floats along that sinister dial has to be pretty outstanding sir. Oh, and the
block at the end of that hand is yet another eye-catching feature also. WOW ! ..Guess the same
could be said for the entire watch though. It genuinely has all of these aggressively tough aspects,
but manages to feel very very refined, and smooth at the very same time. From that COOL crown,
and sporty strap, to the AMAZING case, dial, AND MOVEMENT ! This Sinn is SPECTACULAR !
Congrats on adding this to your collection ! ..I hope you enjoy it !!!

Excellent pics of your new Sinn, along with the Stowa !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Congrats Mark! I totally missed this post and I apologize. The U1 is a fantastic piece. That AR coating makes it seem like there is no crystal at all. I love mine and find it very versatile via different straps and bracelet. Great choice! You might just become a Sinn fanboy now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Here is one last shot for today...lume on the ride home

New addition ...  B2693011

Consigliere
smellody

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:39 am

Great watch! Congratulations. There is a lot to like with this one!
Back to top Go down

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:07 am

Great pick up Mark, fits right into your collection! New addition ...  74725
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Love the U1. The Stowa's not too shabby, either. Congrats. On a side note, having the watch delivered to your workplace, instead of home - genius.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Nice watch to add to your collection. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New addition ...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition ...    New addition ...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New addition ...
Page 1 of 1