The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!

Go down 
+3
andrema
merichar
pacifichrono
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Empty
PostSubject: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:07 am

Mailman just delivered this huge Russkie today from the Ukraine. It's a massive 50mm wide PLUS the monstrous onion crown. One of the pics below shows it next to a standard 35mm vintage Longines. This franken combines a newer billet steel case with a standard 18-jewel Molnija nine-eater, and a fresh aviator-style dial.

I bought this bad boy to auction off at a Minneapolis fundraiser in February to benefit my daughter Tracy's family. Her husband, Erik, was diagnosed three years ago with an inoperable brain tumor, which just morphed into Stage III status (of IV). Erik, who is just 32, has undergone radiation treatments at the Mayo Clinic, a craniotomy to remove a portion of the tumor, and is now undergoing chemotherapy. He's no longer allowed to work. Erik and Tracy have two sons: Parker, 5, and Mason, 1. Erik's story, as well as information about the upcoming fundraiser, are detailed on the Facebook page below. If any of you Twin Cities WISs are interested in making a bid for this watch, the fundraiser and auction will be held at the Rush Creek Golf Club in Maple Grove on February 19th. If you care to make a bid but are unable to attend, I would be happy to present your bid.

https://www.facebook.com/StacklieFamilyBenefit

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M7_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M13_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M4_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M3_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M6_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M2_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M12_1000

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M8_1000

Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am

Cool watch. Sorry to hear about your son in laws battle. Best wishes to you and yours in the coming year. Remind us when the auction gets closer.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 am

That is massive! Very cool design!!

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's husband. That is a sad story!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Wow that is one awesome Ruskie! The crown is as big as a real pearl onion! Sorry to hear about your family. Best wishes from my family to yours.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Here's a "forearm shot." Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! 744742

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! M15
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Wow that's a monster. Love the design and dial. Pretty sure I've seen that dial on another one of your watches.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Tom, can't believe how AMAZING this watch is sir ! Smile ..The case size, along with
shape are SPECTACULAR. The dial is BEYOND cool with all of it's details, and stunning
colors. Even that crown has to be one of THE coolest I have EVER seen ! ..However,
in this particular case, I really wanted to say how OUTSTANDING an idea, and gesture
this is of YOU ! ..So sorry to hear about your Son-in-law sir. ..It's hard to put into
words how we feel when things like this happen. Just wanted to say, that this watch,
along with the idea to auction it off, is unbelievably kind beyond words to be honest.

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 am

jaw wrote:
Wow that's a monster. Love the design and dial. Pretty sure I've seen that dial on another one of your watches.
Very observant! Yes, I think this seller has this dial fashioned for a few different cases. Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! 803574 Same basic movement, too, although decades apart in manufacture.

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! R8
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:57 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Tom, can't believe how AMAZING this watch is sir ! Smile ..The case size, along with
shape are SPECTACULAR. The dial is BEYOND cool with all of it's details, and stunning
colors. Even that crown has to be one of THE coolest I have EVER seen ! ..However,
in this particular case, I really wanted to say how OUTSTANDING an idea, and gesture
this is of YOU ! ..So sorry to hear about your Son-in-law sir. ..It's hard to put into
words how we feel when things like this happen. Just wanted to say, that this watch,
along with the idea to auction it off, is unbelievably kind beyond words to be honest.
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the kind thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:28 am

That is indeed sad to hear about your son in law...

I hope the watch brings as big as price as it is!!!!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:44 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Don't mention it Tom ! You are very welcome sir !

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!   Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mailman just delivered this GIANT Russkie!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: