The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition

Go down 
+4
jaw
AtomicTom
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Empty
PostSubject: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 pm

I first fell in love with this watch when I turned the page on my free Oris calender to March 2010. Everytime I walked in my office I stared at it, even when April came I didn't bother to turn the page for a couple weeks. Oris gives these away if you are a member of My Oris, and correctly complete a quiz.... Very Happy .

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Oriscal003

After a few months I kind of forgot about it....then when I went shopping over the Thanksgiving holiday and saw it a WatchGear and Tourneau locations, tried it on and my love was reborn!! BUT $1900 is a tough pill to swallow...so I resisted, even online these were selling for around $1500 new, used ones were few and far between and all the ones I found were sold. I found this one in the sales forum at WUS, it was a couple weeks old but never said it sold, then I found out it went to eBay and still did not get sold....so I was able to pick this up for less than half the MSRP, It was bought new at an AD in Sept 2010....with all paperwork, even the protective sticker was still on the back.

A while back Doc wrote up this preview of the watch, it contains stock photos, specs and other info about the watch and Swiss Hunter team. No sense rewriting it all here...just check out this thread.....then come back.

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/t2207-oris-hunter-limited-edition?highlight=hunter

I really haven't had a chance to take any good pictures but this is what I have.......

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0409

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0402

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0399-1

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0425

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0411

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0413

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0421

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 000_0474

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 000_0476

Other great info: Here is a link to a video of the Swiss Hunter Team from the Oris website hosted on you tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGZG58wPLgQ

Anyway look what just showed up in the mail today....my 2011 Oris calendar, I am afraid to open it!!

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 100_0427

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:33 pm

hey gary, what a great watch!!! i love everything about it. congrats on an awesome find. steve
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks again Steve!! Very Happy

TAZMAN64 wrote:
hey gary, what a great watch!!! i love everything about it. congrats on an awesome find. steve

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:05 pm

It's VERY easy to see why you fell in love with this Oris here Gary ! Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 803574 Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 803574 Very Happy ..From the
coin edge on the case, to the UNBELIEVABLE dial, case-back along with movement. Your
Oris REALLY is special in many more ways than one. Smile By the way, that calendar you are
showing is really something sir. NICE job Oris ! ..It's cool that they give you the opportunity
to have those little extras. I think it shows how passionate they are about watches as a
company, and they know that their customers feel the same way. Pretty cool to see imho !
When you first see this watch, there is no doubt that this bezel here with it's OUTSTANDING
coin edge grabs your attention. It immediately attracts your eyes to the quality, along with
stunning look. It's neat because it brings in that vintage feel to the watch, but then adds in
the ULTRA cool gunmetal-like finish to the equation. Yowza ! That's GOOD ! cheers ..However,
it just keeps getting better, and better, as the sinister finish moves from the bezel, to the
lugs, along with case-back. It's really something to see, and I think Oris does a PHENOMENAL
job all the way around as usual. You can honestly tell that this finish is something that is going
to be near indestructible as well. It's not going to scratch easily, or come off that's for sure !!!
Even the buckle has that same beautiful finish Gary ! ..GREAT stuff !!! ..I also like how the
crown just happens to follow along with that coin edge look of the bezel. That's one of those
small details that we don't often think about, but still makes things more interesting, along with
FUN ! By the way, when talking about "fun" with this watch, you can't overlook the dial at all.
Those TREMENDOUSLY sharp looking hands can be seen from a mile away, and they genuinely
keep that aviation theme going full steam ahead. The bright white, against the black dial is
exceptional imho. While that plane on the second hand is EPIC ! Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 46145 It's also nice that Oris made
the hand mostly black, like the dial, because it allows for the plane to look as if it's flying there by
itself with nothing attached. It's also very very cool to see the 12, 3, 6, and 9 have that BOLD
aviation feel. It again harkens back to that pure aviation style we all know, and enjoy. The small
dot markers add yet another neat element right there beside the markers, and numbers as well.
Holy COW this is TREMENDOUS Gary !!!! Then when you searcg around the dial a little more, you
find those extra numbers near the center of the dial in that ring there. Unbelievable sir ! ..Also liking
the chapter ring on this chapter ring here TOO ! ..The plane points to them in an EXTREMELY nice
way, and the ring itself is angled just enough to give the dial some added extra depth. All of it is
just FANTASTIC in my opinion. However, it seems like EVERY time Oris does something, they do it
with passion, and GREAT care. Even the sub-dial seems to have that "ring" theme, and manages
to add some eye-catchinginly classy texturing in as well. There is genuinely SO much to ENJOY
that you have to look at this watch again, and again to find new things to appreciate I think.
..This is REALLY the case when you turn this watch over, and see what is underneath this one.
You have that SUPER NICE rotor, and view to the movement, but youalso have that plane there,
which just ROCKS also ! Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 933578 This has to be a genuine modern day masterpiece Gary ! ..Even the
lume is electric, while the strap finishes the look off in style. What A masterpiece ! Congratulations
sir, and of course..keep enjoying this one for many many years to come !

Epic watch, pictures, and ejection seat keyring ! Smile

jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Cool watch - Great story.
Love it when things work out like that.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 am

Have always loved that watch Gary! Congratulations on the buy! Great looking pilot-style with a nice Oris touch.

Last edited by Northwestguy on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 am

Nice. Love the small seconds subdial and, of course, the red rotor.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 am

Great watch...

Like the date pointer...

Kinda has B&R numbers and hands...

Also interesting how the DATE goes counter clockwise....

VERY COOL WATCH...ENJOY!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 am

Cool watch, congrats.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks all!! cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

+1 with what tom said, its alot easier to let him do all the typing! Nice Score!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

cali kid wrote:
+1 with what tom said, its alot easier to let him do all the typing! Nice Score!

cheers .. Smile .. Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition 46145

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition   Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oris BC Hunter Limited Edition
Page 1 of 1