The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All I can say is: "WOWSER!"

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
pacifichrono
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Empty
PostSubject: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm

The mailman dropped off a package from Canada at about 5:00 today. It was the 1968 Accutron Astronaut with the awesome J.B. Champion (Accutron) "Bullet" bracelet. I unwrapped it carefully, afraid that I was about to be disappointed with a rag-tag example of this iconic watch.

Just the opposite: this Astronaut is BETTER than I expected...worth FAR more than I paid for it (thank God). I'm too lazy to set up my light tent any more, so here are a few quick shots under the "banker's lamp" on my desk. More to come...

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA3_800

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA1_800

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA2_800

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA4_1000

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA5_1000

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" AA6_1000
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:05 am

Is that bracelet as SOLID as it looks?

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 am

Nice!!

All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 am

super cool piece Tom!
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:32 am

sixtysix wrote:
Nice!!
Yes. I've seen them advertised on the web for over $1,000 (just for the bracelet)! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 am

Outstanding!!

What a piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 pm

love that bracelet
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Again Tom , another amazing piece.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:23 pm

You have done it once again Tom ! All I can say is: "WOWSER!" 46145 Very Happy cheers This Accutron DEFINITELY makes you say
WOWSER ! THAT is for sure !!! These vintage pieces never cease to amaze, and I think it
really all comes down to the character that these watches have. Have said it before, but
watches like this one here just have a feel about, as well as a personality to them. Guess it
has to do with the times that they were made. In any case, they are very special if you ask
me, and I think the all around looks, and designs are AMAZINGLY eye-catching. and of course
cool ! Cool ..One thing to REALLY enjoy on this Accutron Tom, is the bezel style. It's kind of flat
on the top, and has a slight banking to the side. It's pretty SPECTACULAR to see. Plus the
numbering on the bezel is EXTRA nice as well, and the lines separating the numbers add one
more intriguing element to the look, and style of the watch. ..Also liking how the edge of this
bezel looks with it's teeth. They seem to be just slightly rounded ! Which is something a
little different, but also incredibly NEAT in my opinion. Another noticeable feature about this
watch is how that bezel meets the case. It almost seems to taper into it, making a look similar
to what we might see on a flying saucer. THAT is TERRIFIC as well sir ! I like how you can
appreciate that look not only from the side, but also from the case-back view as well. Speaking
of the case-back ! What a BEAUTY right there, AND seeing all of the polishing, along with brushing
around it just as impressive as the actual look of it also. ..Really is something to look around this
Accutron Tom. Again, it genuinely does seem like alot of the watches years ago had a ton of
character, but it looks as though the quality, and craftsmanship was VERY high as well. So on
the one hand you have this charm, and character, while on the other you have top notch quality,
along with skill that went into watches like this. It's a ASTOUNDING combination imho. While were
on the subject of astounding, it's hard to imagine a more attractive, or original looking bracelet
than is here on your Accutron. It's really very nice to see because so often we see many similar
styles today. Even if they look a little different, they still kind of look similar to something else on
another watch. So seeing a bracelet like this "Bullet" style here is really refreshing I think. All I can say is: "WOWSER!" 803574
Just looking at the round, barrel-like shape is fun enough if you ask me. Must be something to see
in person, along with feel what it feels like on the wrist. Love how there are multiple styles, and
sizes of links that make up the entire look of this one. Can honestly see why this bracelet is SO
special, as well as sought after Tom ! WOW ! It's just ASTONISHING no matter how you look at
it sir ! This look stands out, and at the very same time fits into the overall style of this watch.
I mean the watch would be great with another bracelet, however, there is no doubt that THIS
bracelet adds another level to this TERRIFIC watch. Same could be said for the dial. This dial here
has ALOT of detail, and character that adds even more to the watch. The back, and fourth of
marker shapes is EXCELLENT for instance. The triangles, dots, or circles, and the rectangles take
this dial up more than a few levels, and the hands complete the journey up into the stratosphere.
Which is where this charming, character filled watch belongs ! Smile ..Congratulations to you Tom !!!
Can see you will REALLY be enjoying this one !

Stellar watch, and of course PICS !

PostSubject: Re: All I can say is: "WOWSER!"   All I can say is: "WOWSER!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All I can say is: "WOWSER!"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: