The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

well the good news is, ive sold off enogh watches to buy the new breitling superocean abyss. i called george at govberg only to find out the prices are going up in febuary. well george being the good man he is got me locked in at the old price even though i have to order the watch and its not exactly a purchase untill he gets the watch. the bad news is, its one of the hottest watches going for breitling right now and everything is on backorder. so its going to take 8 WEEKS, Thats 2 months!!! lol. oh well he said im first in line . this breitling obsession i have is all trevors and alans fault!!! LOL. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I'll gladly take the blame for that Steve...

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS New-so2

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Awesome! Beautiful watch!

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I'll gladly take the blame for that Steve...

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS New-so2
DAMN, that is an awesome pic!!! now the long wait begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Damn, you the man! we need to get a Nor Cal Breitling FanBoy Club GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS 60498 going but yours are all brand new! GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS 46145 Just pull out the SeaWolf when you are waiting for the new SuperOcean! Congrats Buddy!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 pm

hey trevor, i could have went used, im sure you saw the all black for sale at wus and b.s. hes at 2k right now, but all my watches have been all black dials or dark grey lately, so i wanted some color and his was on the bracelet i wanted rubber for this one, that is until i saw this pic alan put up. i went with the yellow chapter ring and pro 1 rubber new it was only $200.00 more than the used. i may end up getting a bracelet for this one, just not sure yet. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm

For 200.00 bones i would go new too! cant wait to see it Steve! GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS 46145
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Glad I could help by buying one of your watches!! The Breitling is awesome, you are going to love it. Hope it gets here sooner than 8 weeks!!

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Beautiful watch, good choice.
It is a good sign that you have to wait for so long. It will hold it's value fairly well, I'd guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

I didnt like this watch when it first came out as did a majority of Breitling AeroMarine owners because it just didnt have that "Breitling look, in other words it didnt have the breitling bezel that we've all come to know. Then something happened it grew on me and if it didnt grow on other Breitling owners they most have a whole lot of new fans because they cant keep this thing in stock and maybe Breitling knew more than i did after all...go figure that!! cant wait for a few wrist shots!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow !!! Steve ! ..That was very cool of him to do that ! This is REALLY GOOD news !!!! GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS 803574
..Congrats ahead of time to you !!!

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 pm

cali kid wrote:
I didnt like this watch when it first came out as did a majority of Breitling AeroMarine owners because it just didnt have that "Breitling look, in other words it didnt have the breitling bezel that we've all come to know. Then something happened it grew on me and if it didnt grow on other Breitling owners they most have a whole lot of new fans because they cant keep this thing in stock and maybe Breitling knew more than i did after all...go figure that!! cant wait for a few wrist shots!
i liked it, but i liked the seawolf better at the time, i was thinking of getting the avenger over this but its the same as the seawolf other than its a chrono. the more i looked at the abyss, the more i liked it. everyone who has seen it in person say's it looks way better in person than the photos. i cant wait but i will have too. thats one way i have matured in watches, before i would have settled for a differant color or have found one else where to get it sooner. know i will buy only the color i want and from the place i want. steve
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Wow !!! Steve ! ..That was very cool of him to do that ! This is REALLY GOOD news !!!! GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS 803574
thank you tom, george at govbergs is a great guy and will go all out for you. great c.s. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm with Trevor. Totally didn't care for them but they have really grown on me, and I've turned around. Also very nice that the AD is working with you to get locked in before the increase?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 am

TAZMAN64 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
thank you tom, george at govbergs is a great guy and will go all out for you. great c.s. steve

No problem Steve ! ..It's really nice to hear about this GREAT customer service, to
go along with a GREAT watch !!! Smile

PostSubject: Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS   GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS
Page 1 of 1