The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Empty
PostSubject: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 pm

This video is very well done. It will be helpful for those who are looking for an Omega!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1146346587689437065#docid=-6836870270089487247

Last edited by andrema on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey Mark it comes up as...Rolex Submariner Replica Watch Capsule Review . No Seamaster or Omega How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... 71883
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:23 pm

How about now?

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks Mark

Man that shit is scary ! I took off my GMT and followed along. Shocked As they say buy the seller and the watch .
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Definitely is scary like Chris said Mark ! affraid Seems like they even got the
look of the case-back too. Almost have to wonder if whomever makes
these, maybe makes a casting of the original, and as a result is then able
to make theirs look even more similar to the genuine Semaster ! ..Guess
it all comes down to doing research like the video said, and buying from a
reputable place. Very helpful video here ! Thank you once again sir !!!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

The video pointed out a couple of problems but, if someone was to polish the discolored link, a buyer would be absolutely fooled with this example. Also, unless the helium release valve did not unscrew, how would you know it was fake? You would need to open that caseback if any doubt was in your mind. As Chris mentioned............. buy your seller!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Real
How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Dscn0719c
phew. . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:08 pm

or you could take the caseback off and show the movement like i did at WG's because some dipshit pm'ed a Mod that he thought it was a fake! Had to prove my innocence even though i had papers and box.... Seamaster didnt have the Omega Globe hallmark on it and i had to teach all in a very nasty post that got the shit edited out of it that Omega didnt start putting the globe hallmark on the seamaster until 2002 and my watch was a 2000! The next day the Head Mod that gave me all the grief wore a friggin Alpha SeaMaster.... a FAKE and when i questioned him in open forum he said it didnt say Omega so it wasnt a replica! How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... 745499 God that felt good, after all these years and i'm still pissed about that one and naturally scratched the caseback taking it off for proof! How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... 928864
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 am

Good video. It doesn't look right to me-too shiny or dial color a little off or something.

It would be good to see lume on that one as Omega is top notch and I've never seen a fake come close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...   How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to spot a fake Omega Seamaster...
Page 1 of 1