The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Citizen, First G-Shock

Go down 
+7
Northwestguy
ramirez1970
smellody
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
andrema
AtomicTom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

First Citizen, First G-Shock Empty
PostSubject: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 am

O.K. everyone trying to keep this New Watch Train rolling down the tracks here ! Smile
Got these two over the holidays as well, and got to take some pictures last weekend
of them. The one is my first Citizen watch, an Eco-Drive Chronograph with Black Ion
plating, and leather strap. It's a very comfortable watch, with some cool subdued
orange accents. Really like the quality on this one, and the Ion plating seems to be
top notch. Also liking the Eco-Drive movement !

Second is my first G-Shock ! First Citizen, First G-Shock 803574 Wanted to experience the cool looks, toughness, as
well as comfort that you guys have been talking about with these, and couldn't be
happier so far. They really are very comfortable to wear, almost as if nothing is on
the wrist when they are on. The size is pretty big, but it still fits on the wrist very
nicely. Also has alot of features like World Time, with 29 time zones, and 30 cities.
Not 100% sure how everything works yet, but am learning. Also liking the Ana-Digi
set up of the dial too.

Here are some pictures, and specifications..

Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph with black Ion plating, and leather strap
-44-46mm case
-Mineral crystal
-Leather strap
-200m water resistance
-Eco-Drive Movement
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1717
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1723
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1720
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1732
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1744
Casio G-Shock Ana-Digi Solar/Atomic watch
-47mm case
-Mineral crystal
-Resin strap
-200m water resistance
-Atomic timekeeping, solar powered
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1760
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1771
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1755
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1776
First Citizen, First G-Shock IMG_1788
Thanks for looking !!! ..Hope you enjoyed ! Smile

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:18 am

Two very nice watches Tom!! Ideally like the orange on the citizen combined with the black IP case!! The G-shock was a great choice too. The red hour hand really makes the watch!! Congratulations!!!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am

Nice!! I like the Citizen - I have been in a 'black case' mood lately and this is very cool looking, great lume too.

First Citizen, First G-Shock Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am

Two very sweet watches, great job Tom! First Citizen, First G-Shock 74725
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 am

toms on a roll !!!! a couple more sweet watches tom. ive always been a sucker for a black and orange dials, so you know which one i like best. the g-shock is also cool, i like all the functions that you get with a g-shock. congrats and enjoy tom. thanks for the pics steve
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:17 am

Nice watches Tom! Great colors on the Citizen and that G looks indestructible!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:36 am

Two great pick ups. Love the color of the hands/markers on the Citizen - really compliments the black dial and PVD finish of the case. I like the combo of analog hands with the small digital displays on that G shock, too.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 am

"2 Winners" Tom! Don't think I could pick one over the other....both are very nice. I would be interested in hearing about that eco-drive and how it is working for you.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:42 am

Alright AT, way to go!

Cool colors all around!

That G-shock is my favorite, everyone should have at least ONE G-SHOCK BABY!

Congrats and enjoy!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Good choices Tom!

IMO everyone needs at least 1 Citizen Eco-Drive and 1 G-Shock in their collection. Both nice additions for yours.

I've almost bought the all titanium version of that Citizen myself a few times. Mainly due to the Pilot/Military dial design that I am a sucker for.

Also a nice chunk of G-Shock you've got there. Especially like the silvery/blue finish on the dial. The double set of raised hour markers are cool too. I'm kinda in the market for an Ana-Di-G myself.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Thank you all very much for your great comments, and opinions ! Smile ..I genuinely
appreciate it everyone !!! Have been trying to change things up lately, and you
guys are right about the color combinations on these two. Can't go wrong with
black IP, and orange. Or an indestructble G-Shock with countless cool features,
and accents. I'm happy with both of them, and would recommend either of them
also. REALLY liking the quality of the Citizen so far, from the black IP, to the lume.
The G-Shock has been awesome as well, and like Jaw pointed out, the dial with
it's silver/blue finish is very interesting, and the dual levels, and double sets of
markers are very eye-catching ! ..Thanks again guys !!! cheers

..John, wanted to let you know that the Eco-Drive has been working GREAT !
When I first opened it, the second hand was double ticking, which means that
it is basically saving power due to it being inside the box. Once it was in the
light it began ticking once. Sunlight REALLY charges it quickly by the way ! Smile
Once the watch has been fully charged, it says the power reserve is for 150
days, but I have it out, or near a window when not wearing it. So it's basically
fully charged all of the time sir. It's pretty interesting, and cool in any case.
Kind of like an automatic, that you don't have to wind I guess. If you ever
thought about getting one John, I think you would definitely like it !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info Tom! Kind of like my pathfinder.....solar charged in daylight and then it sleeps in the box holding the power in reserve.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Thanks for the info Tom! Kind of like my pathfinder.....solar charged in daylight and then it sleeps in the box holding the power in reserve.

You are welcome sir ! Smile Definitely sounds very similar to the way your Pathfinder works. It's a neat
technology !!! ..Even though it's battery operated, the whole "never needing to replace the battery"
theme is extra nice John !

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm

both great watches Tom!
I really like the looks of the Citizen, nice case and dial
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Congrats Tom, I concur you've got two winners.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Ron, Chris, and everyone ! Smile ..Definitely enjoying these two !!!

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm

AWESOME TOM First Citizen, First G-Shock 933578 First Citizen, First G-Shock 933578 !!!! I've been intrigued by the orange coloring on some of the Eco Drives I've seen lately. I have the exact same G, the GW-1500A. The LED lights on the side are insanely bright in the dark and when it comes time for DST watch the way the hands adjust themselves, pretty cool to see. Congrats on a couple of great new watches.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 pm

brian D wrote:
AWESOME TOM First Citizen, First G-Shock 933578 First Citizen, First G-Shock 933578 !!!! I've been intrigued by the orange coloring on some of the Eco Drives I've seen lately. I have the exact same G, the GW-1500A. The LED lights on the side are insanely bright in the dark and when it comes time for DST watch the way the hands adjust themselves, pretty cool to see. Congrats on a couple of great new watches.

Thanks alot Brian ! First Citizen, First G-Shock 46145 You are right about the orange on many of the Citizens. Actually had been looking
at a bunch of Citizens over the last months, and liked MANY of them. This one here caught my eye because
of that orange, and look of the markers. The case seemed pretty nice also ! ..With the G-Shock, that is
COOL that you have the same one sir ! Cool Can't say enough how great these watches are. The comfort,
ruggedness, looks, and those LED lights you mention are excellent. So are the hands by the way, along
with all of the neat features of this one ! ..I'm really glad to finally have a G-Shock, and Citizen now !!!
..Thanks again !

PostSubject: Re: First Citizen, First G-Shock   First Citizen, First G-Shock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Citizen, First G-Shock
Page 1 of 1