The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Empty
PostSubject: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb17s

I picked this up earlier this week and it arrived yesterday evening. It is a Martin Braun Classic II White Dial 18K Rose gold Case.

It has:

Movement: Automatic, mechanical, Martin Braun Caliber MAB88 in-house movement with Geneva stripes and perlage; 25 jewels; 25.6mm diameter (11½ lines); 3.6mm high; rhodium-plated and decorated in soigné elaboré; blued screws; blued winding wheels; bilateral automatic winding, ball bearing rotor; an 80/20 rotor comprised of 18k rose gold/stainless steel with embossed sun logo
Oscillations per Hour: 28,800
Power Reserve: Approximately 42 hours
Case: 18k rose gold, 40mm in diameter, screwed-down sapphire crystal case back
Case Height: 8 mm
Dial: White lacquer with rose gold applied stick markers;
Crystal: Sapphire crystal
Hands: Classic hands
Straps: Brown hand-sewn alligator skin strap, 20mm width at lugs
Buckle: Handmade 18k rose gold buckle

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb11x
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb15a

It came with a nice leather folder that contained technical info and warranty card:

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb14n
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb16p

It's 40mm with a brown croc strap and a gold buckle. It's nice and slim about 8mm.

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb10j
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb9u
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb7v
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb8q

Its a very nice watch. Feels heavier than I was expecting. Without the seconds hand I can't give you an exact measurement on how accurate it is. I'm probably going to have to wait a while for a noticeable difference. So far, as far as I can tell, its spot on. The strap is absolutely exquisite. It'll take some wearing to completely mold it to my wrist.

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb3x
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb1tj

So far, it's a keeper.

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb6r
Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Mb4r
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Great looking dress watch...ENJOY!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Pure Elegance! I know you were considering a couple but, glad you made the pick for this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Absolutely beautiful. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:50 pm

NICE, MB makes some great stuff...I love the classic look! Congrats!(Finally someone else with an MB around here!!)

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Aztecknight, you have really picked out a CLASSIC right here with this Martin Braun ! cheers ..What
A BEAUTY ! That thin case, and the way it fits on the wrist is off the charts. It's really a timeless look
that you can never get tired of in my opinion. Just the simplicity of the style makes it legendary. It's
a remarkable watch, but also piece of art too. Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold 803574 When you look at it from above, the width of the case
matches identically with the width of the lugs, and man oh man is that NEAT. Have to really hand it
to watch companies that can make such classic, and classy watches. All the while making them stand
out from other classy watches. Guess it's the quality of the parts, as well as the extra effort to make
those parts look as NICE as possible that makes things so special. Not only do you have a top notch
case here, but that finish is just FANTASTIC ! This Rose-Gold almost seems to be on fire, as it reflects
the light. Smile There isn't any one angle that doesn't do this watch justice. Whether you are enjoying the
view from above, side, or back, this Martin Braun is breathtaking imho. It's something to see the color
of the gold in different lighting as well. At times it seems lighter in color, while at other times it seems
to be darker. AWESOME ! Then when you add in the dial, things get really interesting ! Actually thinking
that this phenomenal white lacquer dial might just be a HUGE part of why the gold seems so vibrant on
this one. There is just something very special here within the combination. The bright dial has this glass
like look, that compliments the gold very very nicely. At the very same time though, the vivid brightness
energizes your eyes as you stare at the rest of the dial. Those classic long markers again mirror the
terrific case finish. ..They also rise up from the dial just enough to be noticed, and reflect the light in
many different directions as well. It's especially nice to also see how there are two markers side by side
at the 12 o'clock position, while at the six o'clock position the marker is a little bit shorter. It's one of
those cool details that helps make a watch enjoyable. Plus it serves a purpose in that it makes room for
the date window also ! Moving to the hands is really really enjoyable as well Azteck ! Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold 803574 Their style matches
the marker style just right. In fact they seem to follow along with the look exactly. They also have this almost
special effect that happens when they pass by the markers. Making it look as if the hands are connecting,
and extending the length of the markers. Neat stuff !!! Then again this Martin Braun is all about doing things
right, as well as doing things in a classy way. You get the beauty, along with craftsmanship at every step.
For instance when you realize that the case-back rivals the looks of the front. ..Can't say enough how
gorgeous the back of this watch is !!! You have the elegant writing on there, along with some neat serial
numbers also. You can even appreciate the look of the lugs from the back as well sir. However, it's this
movement that steals the spotlight in my opinion. That two-tone rotor is so eye-catching with the bottom
part being rose-gold, and the rest being decorated steel ! cyclops It's amazing to see the rest of the
decoration on the movement too. Genuinely looks as if MB wasn't going to be satisfied with just putting
a quality movement in this watch. They wanted to make it something that you would take notice of,
enjoy, and never forget. They wanted to make a classic ! ..I mean the case, this dial, movement, EVEN
stunning crocodile strap prove this !!! Congrats on picking this MB up Aztecknight, and as always ..Enjoy !

Beautiful watch, along with pictures here !

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Nice MB! Didn't realize they were still in the biz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:22 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Aztecknight, you have really picked out a CLASSIC right here with this Martin Braun ! cheers ..What
A BEAUTY ! That thin case, and the way it fits on the wrist is off the charts. It's really a timeless look
that you can never get tired of in my opinion. Just the simplicity of the style makes it legendary. It's
a remarkable watch, but also piece of art too. Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold 803574 When you look at it from above, the width of the case
matches identically with the width of the lugs, and man oh man is that NEAT. Have to really hand it
to watch companies that can make such classic, and classy watches. All the while making them stand
out from other classy watches. Guess it's the quality of the parts, as well as the extra effort to make
those parts look as NICE as possible that makes things so special. Not only do you have a top notch
case here, but that finish is just FANTASTIC ! This Rose-Gold almost seems to be on fire, as it reflects
the light. Smile There isn't any one angle that doesn't do this watch justice. Whether you are enjoying the
view from above, side, or back, this Martin Braun is breathtaking imho. It's something to see the color
of the gold in different lighting as well. At times it seems lighter in color, while at other times it seems
to be darker. AWESOME ! Then when you add in the dial, things get really interesting ! Actually thinking
that this phenomenal white lacquer dial might just be a HUGE part of why the gold seems so vibrant on
this one. There is just something very special here within the combination. The bright dial has this glass
like look, that compliments the gold very very nicely. At the very same time though, the vivid brightness
energizes your eyes as you stare at the rest of the dial. Those classic long markers again mirror the
terrific case finish. ..They also rise up from the dial just enough to be noticed, and reflect the light in
many different directions as well. It's especially nice to also see how there are two markers side by side
at the 12 o'clock position, while at the six o'clock position the marker is a little bit shorter. It's one of
those cool details that helps make a watch enjoyable. Plus it serves a purpose in that it makes room for
the date window also ! Moving to the hands is really really enjoyable as well Azteck ! Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold 803574 Their style matches
the marker style just right. In fact they seem to follow along with the look exactly. They also have this almost
special effect that happens when they pass by the markers. Making it look as if the hands are connecting,
and extending the length of the markers. Neat stuff !!! Then again this Martin Braun is all about doing things
right, as well as doing things in a classy way. You get the beauty, along with craftsmanship at every step.
For instance when you realize that the case-back rivals the looks of the front. ..Can't say enough how
gorgeous the back of this watch is !!! You have the elegant writing on there, along with some neat serial
numbers also. You can even appreciate the look of the lugs from the back as well sir. However, it's this
movement that steals the spotlight in my opinion. That two-tone rotor is so eye-catching with the bottom
part being rose-gold, and the rest being decorated steel ! cyclops It's amazing to see the rest of the
decoration on the movement too. Genuinely looks as if MB wasn't going to be satisfied with just putting
a quality movement in this watch. They wanted to make it something that you would take notice of,
enjoy, and never forget. They wanted to make a classic ! ..I mean the case, this dial, movement, EVEN
stunning crocodile strap prove this !!! Congrats on picking this MB up Aztecknight, and as always ..Enjoy !

Beautiful watch, along with pictures here !

You know, when I was trying to review this watch, I was struggling with putting into words with what I was experiencing. I felt like Jody Foster's character on Contact... "No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea." Well maybe not that extreme, but you get the point. I'm relatively new to collecting so I was struggling. Even for a newb, it is clearly obvious that this watch is impressive. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your description in any future talks I have about this watch Smile.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The documents that came with the watch says its 1.4s/day so far, it looks like its spot on.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:24 pm

[quote="aztecknight"]
AtomicTom wrote:

You know, when I was trying to review this watch, I was struggling with putting into words with what I was experiencing. I felt like Jody Foster's character on Contact... "No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea." Well maybe not that extreme, but you get the point. I'm relatively new to collecting so I was struggling. Even for a newb, it is clearly obvious that this watch is impressive. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your description in any future talks I have about this watch Smile.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The documents that came with the watch says its 1.4s/day so far, it looks like its spot on.

I'm really glad I was able to help you enjoy the watch more Azteck ! Smile Want to thank YOU for
allowing us to see it, and enjoy it as well. This is the kind of watch that is timeless to be honest
with you, and I hope you find more, and more to appreciate with it as time goes by !!! By the way,
definitely don't mind if you use my description. Would be honored sir ! Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold 46145

P.S. Boy oh boy, that watch is accurate, and that test sheet is VERY cool to see also.

..Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold   Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martin Braun Classic Rose Gold
Page 1 of 1