The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Z- Astrographic

Go down 
+5
sixtysix
Northwestguy
jaw
barnbuilder
smellody
9 posters
AuthorMessage
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Great snag from Alan. He builds a new computer, I get:

Z- Astrographic Dscn3384f
Z- Astrographic Dscn3386
Z- Astrographic Dscn3388a
NOT MY PICTURE BUT CAPTURES THE BEAUTY OF THE DESIGN:
Z- Astrographic 00391sbl

Love this watch. Totally different from anything else that I own. I am mesmerized by the second dot and the appearance that it is floating over the dial. I do not have many square cased watches so it will have unique place in my rotation. Very awesome being a limited edition of 125. I was excited for Alan when he picked this up for a his X-mas present a few years back and even more excited it is my Valentine's Day present this year (yes, the wife already received her purse and we are going to Vegas for the romantic holiday). I've looked at vintage Astrographics and am always outibid on E-bay. Glad to have this modern limited edition.

The gold dial is more of a brass color with a bit of copper. Very difficult watch to photograph. I will try again this weekend with a light tent. Super heavy duty watch with a great finish and way above average bracelet. ETA 2824-2 movement not the CL-888. Unique watch!

I found the following description in a current E-bay UK auction (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZO9001-ZODIAC-ASTROGRAPHIC-BLUE-125TH-ANNIVERSARY-RARE-/150518549829).

Your minute and hour hands seem to float without being connected to the dial. At the outer edge a second hand moves in the form of a small red circles orbit.. A short time later, the "ASTRO GRAPHIC with the mysterious hands" talk of the town and become the most famous model of the Swiss watchmaker Zodiac. At first glance, the principle behind the floating hands is not to see through. The secret lies in three transparent acetate discs, on which the hands are printed.

The disks rotate in their respective predetermined clock around the center of the dial and make the magical experience.
Birthday Zodiac now bringing a new interpretation of the legendary ASTRO GRAPHIC on the market - with a strictly limited edition. Worldwide, the dial-blue, gray and silver (exclusively for U.S.) and champagne (exclusively for Japan), each only 125 Anniversary models will be made. The new ASTRO GRAPHIC is like its predecessor, with "mysterious" pointer and an automatic movement equipped. However, it comes with a silver stainless steel case, therefore, modern and sporty. On its back side it bears the 125th-anniversary logo, which is to remind the wearer of the long tradition of Swiss watch brand Zodiac.

The Zodiac's history shows that the brand has always stood for sophisticated technical developments. “ Birthday, we share with the reissue of the legendary ASTRO GRAPHIC starting point to bring in the future more groundbreaking products for the design, material composition and the technology to market. "

Back to top Go down

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 pm

I love the Astrographic, it is on my list but I always get out bid on Ebay. Someday I will have one. I'm J.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 am

very nice to see you get this Z Chris!
rare watch
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 am

Cool - Always liked that one.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 am

Great snag Christopher! Never seen one before so be sure to bring it to our next GTG.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 am

Very cool watch!!

Z- Astrographic Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:55 am

Woohoo Chris !!!!! Z- Astrographic 933578 Z- Astrographic 933578 Smile Very Happy cheers This Zodiac simply ROCKS sir on SO MANY levels it's hard
to keep track. Z- Astrographic 46145 However, it's really really FUN to try imho. Not only does the Astrographic HAVE
to be one of THE BEST Zodiac lines of all time, but it also would be one of my favorite over all watches
of ALL Time ! Maybe I am more than a little biased about this, but to be honest I can't think of too
many watches at all, that compare to this one right here. Z- Astrographic 803574 It's got SO MANY AWESOME aspects,
and characteristics about it, as well as a tremendously cool history behind it also sir. Have to first
say that it is definitely a GREAT snag, and that Alan's Astrographic will fit perfectly into your watch
collection. Also want to say how neat it was to read all of the background, and history about this
particular Astrographic. Your review was just OUTSTANDING as well. This is an unbelievably COOL
Valentines Day gift too by the way !!!! ..Congratulations ! One of the BEST things about this Zodiac
Anniversary Astrographic is that there actually is no one aspect which is best. There are in my humble
opinion countless things to enjoy here with this one. Take for intance the floating dot, along with
hands. They truly are "mesmerizing" like you said sir ! The look, or style of them is so different, and
unique than much of what has been, and IS out there. Plus it's great to see how this Anniversary
Edition stays very true to the ones that came before it. This particular squarish shape reminds you
alot of the 70's version with the various mystery dials. Speaking of those dials, Zodiac genuinely
knocked this dial out of the park BIG TIME imho ! Smile The color is BEYOND cool, just like the watch
is, with that brass/copper tone it has. It honestly rivals, and maybe even surpasses the unique dials
that were on the vintage versions. Also REALLY enjoying the whole half, and half theme on the dial
here as well. Zodiac even managed to put an especially eye-catching texture/design on the bottom
half of the center dial. Yowza ! Then they added in a neat chapter ring, along with those EXCELLENT
markers. Double, and TRIPLE Yowza Chris ! cheers Hey, and how about how the round part of the dial
then shifts into the square section ?! It's almost like there are TWO dials within this watch !!! They
even outlined the markers on the second square level with these amazing etched lines. Wowee !
This is just such a astonishing watch Chris ! Again it's hard to find one thing that isn't unique, different,
or fantastic about this one. The dial alone could hold your attention for a VERY long time. However,
this Zodiac doesn't stop there. It also tries, and succeeds at hypnotizing you with it's outstanding
case shape. Which at certain angles is square, and others is reminiscent of a T.V. In any case, it
is again reaching the level of BEYOND cool imho. Want to just also mention that it's something how
Zodiac brushed the front edge of the case near the dial, but then polished the outside of the case
TOO. What a STUNNING job, and effect there. Seeing all of the reflections, along with twists, turns,
and angles works really well. Plus it actually stays with the same DYNAMIC look, and feel of the dial
as well. Even the classy, yet BOLD bracelet keeps the adranaline flowing right into the wrist if you
ask me. It's just perfect ! The only thing that could make this Zodiac complete would be a top
notch movement, and boy oh boy they even accomplished that also with deciding to go with the
ETA 2824-2. Z- Astrographic 46145 Think that was yet another unique feature, and idea for them to go with that
because it again makes this watch different than many of their other watches. In the end, this
watch has SO many astonishingly NICE aspects it's hard to notice them all. One thing is for sure
though it's a SPECIAL Zodiac, and it has ALL of the feel, and charm of the vintage Astrographics
of the past. While at the same time adding in a NEW DYNAMIC feel of it's own ! Congratulations
to you on snagging this Zodiac Chris !!! ..I hope you enjoy this one for a very very long time sir.

Astonishing Astrographic, AND PICS TOO !

Senior Associate
ericf4

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 am

I used to own this older version and wish i never sold it, i never really wore it but it was just cool for some reason to me.....I bought it BNIB Old Stock as i think they were from like the 80's or something like that.

Z- Astrographic 5392400651_9002e3305f_b
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm glad it went to such a great home!

And yeah, your watch gain is my kick ass video card gain!!!

ENJOY DUDE!

Consigliere
smellody

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks guys. It is an extraordinary watch. AT - your ability to identiy minuit details is second to no other. Thank you all for the kind words!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm

smellody wrote:
Thanks guys. It is an extraordinary watch. AT - your ability to identiy minuit details is second to no other. Thank you all for the kind words!

You are VERY welcome Chris ! Very Happy Thank YOU for YOUR kind words there !!! ..Really appreciate it !
Hope you have ALOT of fun wearing, and enjoying this UNBELIEVABLE Zodiac sir ! cheers

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 pm

jaw wrote:
Cool - Always liked that one.

Ditto....unique color, too!
Back to top Go down

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 am

That's cool Chris, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:23 am

Humm... That one does have a mjor cool factor. I want something more trendy in my collection.

Maybe I'll bust out one of the drawer queens I want to sell and see if it sings to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Z- Astrographic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z- Astrographic   Z- Astrographic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Z- Astrographic
Page 1 of 1