The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRONZE WATCH CASES??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Empty
PostSubject: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 pm

im starting to see a couple micro brands (benarus / helson) using bronze for the cases. im not sure yet if i like them or not. what do you guy's think about them. steve

Last edited by TAZMAN64 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I like the Benarus better but not sure about the long haul when the case begins to change color.....for me the jury is still out and I hope it's not like carbon fiber and everyone starts to use it...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Have noticed the brass theme as well Steve. Saw it at Oceanictime on those watches
you are mentioning, as well as a Panerai. I think they look NICE to be honest. Smile They
change things up a little, and give people the option of getting something other than
silver, gold, rose-gold, black, or gunmetal finishes. Also like how there are evidently
different finishes within the brass watches out there. Some of them have a look that
is closer to gold. While others seem to have a more subtle light copper look which is
pretty nice I think. BRONZE WATCH CASES?? 803574 It's interesting because alot of times we try to figure out what
might be the next new trend for the coming year, and this seems to be one that is
revealing itself right now.

pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

Of course, tens of millions of gold-plated and gold-filled vintage watches are made of brass, with gold layered on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 am

Do they turn color after a while?

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 am

Looks like bad gold plating after one week. Don't care for it myself.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 am

I believe Steve is referring to bronze cases. Could be brass, if so I have'nt read anything about it. Anonimo has been doing it (bronze) for several years. Have'nt seen enough pictures of the aged "patina" to form an opinion on it. As Tom said Panerai also has a new bronze case model. I see a lot of great vintage watches with the thinly plated brass cases and wish that they used SS back in the day.

Last edited by merichar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It just struck me that I commented on bronze when the OP was talking brass.)
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

hey mark you are correct, not brass but bronze. i for one dont realy like gold looking watches and not sure how they are going to change over time. i did see one on another form and it did look like bad gold platting. thanks steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Anomaly wrote:
Do they turn color after a while?

From what I've been told they will...I think it turns brown or dark green.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRONZE WATCH CASES??   BRONZE WATCH CASES?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRONZE WATCH CASES??
Page 1 of 1