The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Empty
PostSubject: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 pm

I had to use up my Kay's 'Santa Certificates' , so usually I find a watch I like in the $300 range (gotta spend $300 to get $100 off), last year a got a Bulova and a Movado Chono. This year they only had two watches I even liked, so I bought this Citizen CA0020-56E. Been looking for another Titanium cased watch anyway. This is neat looking because of the sunken sub dials, wears light and very comfortable, very easy to read time......other than that the lume is sparse (only at 12, 3, 6, 9 and hands) and doesn't seem up to usual Citizen standards. The date is under dial pretty far to allow for the sunken dials, and is a tad hard to see sometimes because of shadow. Take home price with 30% off and $100 certificate was right around $235......

Specs:

Titanium case and bracelet
Black multi-layered dial
Date window at the 3 o'clock position
Luminous hands and markers
1/5 Second chronograph (60 minutes)
24 Hour subdial
Sapphire glass crystal
Screw-in caseback
210 day power reserve when fully charged
43mm case width, 22 mm lugs

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0572

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0582

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0573

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0574

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0577

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0578

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 100_0580

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Last edited by sixtysix on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Gary, this Citizen is super SLEEK sir !!!! Very Happy You really made a great decision going with
this one. I mean the watch has such a smooth look to it, and the whole titanium thing
makes it all that much more appealing as well. That price seems FANTASTIC for all that
this watch IS here ! Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... 46145 Could honestly spend all day looking at the way the titanium
finish looks on your new Citizen. What's so nice is that there seem to be three different
finishes happening with this titanium here. Many times you see that cool foggy steel look
which almost looks beadblasted with titanium. However, your watch here has a combination
of the foggy steel around the bezel, combined with a brushed look on the bracelet, and a
polished theme on the case. Smile In any case, it's pretty fantastic, and very very eye-catching
sir. Guess that's one if nice parts about titanium. You can evidently get a variety of looks
with it, along with ALL of the comfort, and light weight that it offers ! Neat stuff !!! One
more NEAT thing is how the markers almost seem to follow along with the look of the
multiple titanium finishes on the watch. The way the markers are cut, and shaped with
a three dimensional feel helps with that I think. In addition the polishing on the outside of
them, along with the lume section in the center of them helps with the effect as well.
Actually have to say that the hands seem to have the same look, and ability to play off
of the watch finish too. The shape is TERRIFIC first of all with their elongated triangle shapes,
but they again have a polished outside, combined with the more matte finish of the lume
material on the inside part. AWESOME ! :cheers:All of this is so impressive because it's the kind
of thing that you might expect to see on a very high end timepiece. Nevertheless, it genuinely
seems that Citizen is able to give you an unbelievable amount of quality, detail, and refinement
with their watches. You can just see from your phenomenal photos, that this watch excels at
being EXCELLENT. Yet another example of this could be the continuing excellence with the various
hands on the dial. Not only do the hour, and minute hands mirror the finish of the watch as
we just talked about, but the second hand, along with sub-dial hands have an especially nice
look as well. They all have this tapering that occurs, which almost reminds you of small swords
or something. Again, it's something that you might expect to see on a high end watch. A few
more incredible details are also on the dial. The next one would be those sunken sub-dials
in which you mentioned. Not only do they add extra depth with their style, but they also
give you this mult-level feel to the dial. Even the hands, small markings, and numbers become
more noticeable, and enjoyable as a result. The style of the sub-dials is different than alot of
of what we see, and the attention to these details makes the watch have a subtle coolness
about it. Just want to add that those thin, textured lines that go around the dial extending from
the markers add even more character to the watch, as does the wide, and deep chapter ring.
Truthfully, it's easy to stare at this watch all day. The finish on the case, and bracelet is just
mesmerizing. While things like those neat looking pushers, and crown show you that this watch
backs up it's great looks with real function. In the end, it's all of these things combined with high
grade materials like titanium, and outstanding technology like the Eco-Drive movement, and it's
210 day power reserve that makes this Citizen super !!! Congratulations to you on this one Gary,
and I hope you will enjoy it ! cheers

Super watch, SUPER pics !

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks Tom....the polished outside edges of the case really make this watch stand out, it frames the whole watch and makes you focus back on the dial. I think if it had duller sides it would just look average and not catch the eye so much. it's a cool effect. Also not shown in the photos, the crystal has a rainbow effect in artificial light (inside) that is weird and awesome both at the same time. I thought I would see it outside too but it vanished in natrual light. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 am

That is a nice watch! I really like those sunken sub-dials!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Thanks Tom....the polished outside edges of the case really make this watch stand out, it frames the whole watch and makes you focus back on the dial. I think if it had duller sides it would just look average and not catch the eye so much. it's a cool effect. Also not shown in the photos, the crystal has a rainbow effect in artificial light (inside) that is weird and awesome both at the same time. I thought I would see it outside too but it vanished in natrual light. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime......

Don't mention it sir ! Smile That's a REAL beauty, and it has so many subtle, and intriguing little details like
you are mentioning here that it's unbelievable. From the finish, to that effect with the crystal, this one
is really exceptional. ..Keep enjoying this one !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Nice Gary! It has a great look and great size. Something about it reminds me of the Tag Aquaracer. I too like the stepped down sub dials.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Looks good! I agree has an Aquaracer, 7750 feel to it. cheers
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

I never saw the Tag connection....hmmm without the bezel it is pretty close.....being a Tag Heuer fanboy, I guess now I see why I liked it.

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Tag-heuer-2000-aquaracer-chronograph-mens-watch-caf2110-ba0809

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Ca0020-56e

Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 am

Other than the santa bucks, why did you get it? It does not sound like you're very excited. Personally I think it is a soilid piece.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:05 am

I think it's a solid piece too. If not I would have passed. The 'Santa Bucks' got me in the store and looking, but the watch sold itself.

I am not 'over the top' excited because it was not one of the ones on my list. I didn't even know it existed before I tried it on. Usually I put a lot more thought into what I want to get at this point. The 'hunt' is often what makes actually getting something that much more exciting. There was no hunt this time.... Sad

I guess what I should have wrote was, 'there were only two I really liked, and after trying them on, this one was the one I had to have'. I was actually surprised to find something this nice in the case at Kay's. The 'only two I even liked' comment was a snide remark about the usual poor selection at places like Kay's, did not mean it to sound like I 'settled' for this watch.

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 am

Good looking watch, I like it better than the Tag...

...the dial does not look as BUSY.

Congrats and Enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....   Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citizen, Titanium, Sapphire, Chorograph....
Page 1 of 1