The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT

Go down 
+9
Anomaly
Chris S.
Northwestguy
sixtysix
TAZMAN64
jaw
ericf4
smellody
strutn45
13 posters
AuthorMessage
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Empty
PostSubject: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:35 am

Hi guys, picked this up over the weekend and just arrived today. I fell head over heels for it the first time i saw it...
I had to have it, just a little haggling and the deal was done. I'm tickled to death w/the outcome! cheers

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph 24h watch
specifications:

Movement: Caliber L686 (based on ETA 7754), automatic, 25 jewels, 28,800
vph,
Complications: Chronograph, date, 24h 2nd time-zone
Power reserve: 46 hours
Case material: Stainless steel
Case shape: Round
Transparent case back: sapphire crystal
Case size: 44 mm
Dial: silver
Hands: Black with SuperLuminova
Water resistance: 50 meters
Stainless steel bracelet with a triple folding safety clasp
Crystal: Sapphire

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 002-27

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 003-26

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 025-1

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 015-4

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 030-7

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 009-28

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 022-3

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 004-39
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:40 am

Very nice! Great style. I think it is all business in that all the features are very purposeful.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 am

If this is the one from the forums for sale! I was so close to pulling the trigger. Love it! Reminds me of chopard.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 am

Cool - Love that bracelet.
Probably the chunkiest Longines I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 am

man ive been seeing a lot of longines as of late but i havent seen this one . great size at 44mm, awesome movement, gmt chrono, 3 link bracelet, and great packaging. whats not to like. great pick up on a beautiful timepiece. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 am

ericf4 wrote:
If this is the one from the forums for sale! I was so close to pulling the trigger. Love it! Reminds me of chopard.

Yesir, its the one Eric!

Thanks guys, i appreciate it the compliments ! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 803574
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 am

That is a great looking chrono....Congrats, Longines makes some nice stuff.

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 am

Very Nice John! The pushers are rather neat. I love the red accents.
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:40 am

Congrats Bogart approved

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Yhst-56299508002466_2138_13298311

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 am

Unique design...

Like how the "12" is in a sub-dial...

Enjoy dude!

Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Comment-friday-damn1

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Iconsex051

John oh how your tastes have changed, you have a collection to be proud come along way since we 1st met my Brother,That's a SMOKIN HOT TIMEPIECE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

killer pick up my brotha.love that 7754 engine.very cooooooool pushers.wear that mo fo with style
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:58 pm

It's very easy to understand why you fell in love with this Longines Strutn45 ! Very Happy It's just
gorgeous no matter where your eyes take you. cyclops Very Happy From seeing the presentation box, and
how Longines puts that extra care into it, to the flawless look, unbelievable craftsmanship,
and quality. This watch is one of those that literally makes you smile, because you know
just how GREAT the watch you just got actually is ! Congratulations to you !!! ..What's
alot of fun to do with this watch is find a place to start with. Genuinely could start anywhere,
but since the dial always seems to be front, and center, guess we'll start there. Smile ..With
this dial though, things start off at an extremely high level imho sir. The texturing of the
steel is again gorgeous, making a very cool, almost raw metal sunray effect. It has to be
one of the nicest looking ways of doing a dial I have ever seen. At the same time that it
looks so unique, it also looks REALLY elegant as well. Thinking that is one of the things that
helps take a watch from ordinary, to extraordinary when it can blend multiple styles together
perfectly like this one does. Even the three dimensional block-like markers give you a classy
theme, but also feels very modern. That size, and look add yet another eye-catching element
to the watch, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. ..Because the subdials manage to also
find a way to stun you with their own unique look. Not content to just put your average
sub-dials on a watch, it seems that Longines wanted to change things up a little, and add
some extra excitement. From the differing sizes, to the different colorful accents, and use
of the 12 in the 12 o'clock positioned one, these subdials help take this dial out of this
world. Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 803574 Later when you notice some of the extra sport added in with the hands, you
see that this watch is reaching stratospheric levels. alien Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 933578 There is just something about seeing
a cool GMT hand like this, and the way Longines was able to combine them into such an elegant
watch, further supercharging it, is EXCELLENT imho. Moving from the dial to the bezel is VERY
entertaining also here, because you again get all of the top notch quality, and classy looks of
a traditional bezel. At the same time there are these cool markings that help you enjoy the
watch more. While the knurling begins it's part in making this watch unforgettable ! Honestly,
Strutn45, the way in which Longines decided to do the knurling is BEYOND COOL ! ..It not only
captures your attention with the bezel, but also with the crown, and pusher area as well. Just
the decision to do that seems pretty awesome if you ask me. It helps accentuate the details
of the watch, while also bringing in some function also when you want to turn all of them.
Wow ! Very beautiful, and ingenius !!! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 46145 Actually when you stop, and think about
it. The different texturing of the steel of this watch is a BIG part of what makes it so NICE.
You have that beautiful knurling, AND you also have the brushing that takes place on the dial,
as well as bracelet, and side of the case TOO. The one terrific side-view picture REALLY shows
the detail of the brushing. Yowza ! ..You also have the brushed outer links of the bracelet, along
with polished center links leading up to that super clasp ! ..Finally the movement itself brings in
some of it's own decoration, and extraordinary brushing as the Grand Finale ! ALL of it is simply
gorgeous, and that's what this watch IS ! Congrats once again, and I really hope you ..Enjoy !

Gorgeous watch, along with photos here !

Junior Associate
mattnatti

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

John, as always you know how to get it done. very nice grab my freind.

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 812159
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 am

Hubba hubba. Seriously awesome.
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks fellas, really appreciate all the compliments! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 933578

@ Tom... thank you Tom, what a great detailed review! I could
have never said it better myself... you da man Tom!!! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Another amazing chronograph! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 933578
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 pm

strutn45 wrote:
Thanks fellas, really appreciate all the compliments! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 933578

@ Tom... thank you Tom, what a great detailed review! I could
have never said it better myself... you da man Tom!!! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 74725

I'm really happy you liked it Strutn ! Smile ..Thank YOU for showing us
such an amazing watch !!! Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT 46145

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Love the watch and I also saw it on the sales forum I even saved his pictures for a future mustgottahave...congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT   Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longines GrandeVitesse Chronograph GMT
Page 1 of 1