The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eterna Kontiki

Go down 
+4
jaw
Northwestguy
TAZMAN64
barnbuilder
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am

Hi All,long time no post,sorry for the absence.I have been after this watch for a while.I was lucky enough to find the cream/beige dial on a bracelet.the build on this watch is at least equal to omega(possibly better imo)the lume is a notch below the seiko monster.and the bracelet is a dream.enjoy the pics
Eterna Kontiki 083
Eterna Kontiki 082
Eterna Kontiki 081
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:55 am

Congratulations on a good looking watch! enjoy wearing it
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 am

Congrats on getting your eterna kontiki, They do make a sweet watch. Enjoy for many years to come. Steve
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:53 am

Very Nice! Like how the clasp is integrated with the bracelet.....smooth lines. The dial is nicely done.....is it cream colored?
Back to top Go down

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 am

Wow, thats a cool watch!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 am

Nice one.
I've tried to talk myself into variations on that watch several times.
Just a hair too small for me. But I love the design.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I absolutely LOVE that watch!

TOTALLY dig the TRIANGLE markers!

ENJOY!

Consigliere
smellody

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Neat watch! Nice pointer date application.
Back to top Go down

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Very Nice! Like how the clasp is integrated with the bracelet.....smooth lines. The dial is nicely done.....is it cream colored?
yes,its cream,the eterna website says beige,but imo its cream(if there is a difference lol)the dial is more amazing the longer i look at it,there are subtle things like the dial curves down at the edge,as does the minute hand.the markers are wonderfully polished.the print is flawless and the center of the dial as a pretty unique pattern.i am not sure what it is but it looks cool.the lume lasted till morning.
I did some poking around online and found out eterna is or was one of the starters of eta as we know it.i am not sure if they are still part of it,so if thats the case is the eta 2836 in my watch an inhouse movement?lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Wowee What7 !!!! Shocked Very Happy ..It really doesn't get ANY nicer than your new Eterna Kontiki
here sir. ..Must be FANTASTIC getting this watch. Especially since you have been after it for
a while, and the fact that it compares, or surpasses an Omega is even more impressive.
Really sounds like this watch IS as GOOD as it LOOKS. Eterna Kontiki 46145 Can see this watch will ALWAYS
be timeless because of the entire style of the watch as a whole. Firstly, the case has this
flawlessly classic case that captures what made memorable watches from the past SO
enjoyable in my opinion. The shape, along with refinement at every turn is exhilarating.
You just can't say enough about a watch that can have this much elegance, and class,
but be able to do it so NICELY. I mean there are many great watches around that might
have a similar look, or style. Nevertheless, there is something about this Eterna, as well
as this company in general that makes you smile. Smile Guess it all has to do with the hard
work that a company like Eterna puts into a watch. ..You genuinely can feel that the
craftsmanship, as well as history that is behind something like this. The refinement of
the case, and case shape is just one part. It's classic style, as well as shape makes the
watch melt right into the wrist. That tremendously nice bracelet helps with this also, and
again has that timeless style to go along with the case. Even that clasp is something
to see with the name, as well as brushing on it. It's that combination of flawless aspects
that moves this watch beyond other watches out there evidently. Eterna Kontiki 803574 ..Yet another
part of the Kontiki that goes beyond the ordinary, to the extraordinary would have to
be the dial. There is that gorgeous beige/creme you mentioned which REALLY catches
the eye, and looks UNBELIEVABLE. Then there are those outstanding triangle markers
which envelop the 12, 3, 6, and 9 ! Very Happy Those are TOO GOOD, and they have that feel
similar to what we might have seen on vintage watches from years ago. So, on the
one hand, there is something new, and different than what we usually see on other
similar watches. While on the other hand you have a watch that has all of the personality,
and class of a vintage watch. THAT is AWESOME What7 ! ..Those triangles also look
as if they have some company because there look to be smaller ones near the outside
of the dial as well. What another GREAT touch sir !!! Even the long markers leading
up to the tiny triangles are beautiful. They bring further refinement to the dial, and
watch as a whole imho. Same can definitely be said for the hands here, which continue
that second to none classy, AND classic theme here. They genuinely fit in perfectly
with this watch, while adding in even more charm also. ..Something else that really
adds ALOT to this dial would have to be the center textured circle. You have some
VERY neat numbers on the outer edge, but also some cool patterns, along with
depth that comes from the center portion dropping down a level which adds yet
another dimension to the dial. Yowza !!! cheers ..Want to just add that the chapter
ring completes the perfection of this dial with IT'S beige color, markings, and angle
that it's at. Man oh man, this watch does "elegant", and "classy" at such a high level
it's hard to believe What7 ! Nevertheless it DOES it ! ..Flawlessly ! Congratulations
on picking up this timeless Eterna, it's definitely one to enjoy !

Timeless watch, and terrific pictures !

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for all the kind words everybody.
does any one else in the forum own Eterna?
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:13 am

That watch is on my list!!..or one or two other modern Eterna's. Congrats!!

I have a vintage Eterna, from the 60's.....there is a thread in the vintage forum with lots of pictures if you are interested.

Eterna Kontiki Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eterna Kontiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eterna Kontiki   Eterna Kontiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eterna Kontiki
Page 1 of 1