The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zeno Watch Basel

Go down 
+5
Northwestguy
merichar
AtomicTom
Anomaly
sixtysix
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Here is a watch I have wanted for about 3 years. Dapper at WUS has one that is similar and posts it up occasionally on the daily thread, but he didn't want to sell to me Sad . I looked around and these were not really available any more, and seemed to have been never sold in the US. So I gave up for a while and didn't even put it on my wantlist anymore. A couple weeks ago I found this one for sale in Sweden and had to buy it......Zeno Watch Basel Retro Carre in a CAF (Czech Air Force) style case. Unitas hand wind 6498. 42x53mm case (45mm with crown).

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0980

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0976

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0973

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0969

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0967

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0964

Zeno Watch Basel 100_0978

Zeno Watch Basel Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Last edited by sixtysix on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Great pics Gary!

Cool pillow case and coin dial!

Senior Consigliere

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 am

Woohoo Gary, this Zeno ROCKS ! Zeno Watch Basel 933578 Have always liked Zeno watches myself, but this
one here is BEYOND cool sir. Congratulations on being able to find it again, and pick it
up like this. There honestly is so much to like about this watch, it's a REAL stunner. cyclops
Plus on top of the outstanding looks, you have the whole history of looking around
for it for a few years TOO. So it becomes a little more special just because of that
I would imagaine, and how about the watch coming from Sweden like this ?! That's
another neat part of the story with this watch. Smile Actually there genuinely seems
to be alot about this watch that makes it so interesting. Everything from your years
of trying to track it down, the stunning looks, along with the rareness of it is pretty
TERRIFIC imho. ..With the overall look of the watch, I am learning something that
is completely new to me with the style of case you are mentioning here Gary. The
CAF or Czech Air Force style is something I'm not sure I have seen much, if at all,
but WOW is it NICE ! Just the different styles that seem to be coming together within
it are excellent. At first glance you think you are seeing a round case, but thene
things get more interesting as you find out it's more than that, MUCH more ! Zeno Watch Basel 46145
The way the sides bow outward, but then angle in at the top, and bottom is out of
this world. It's kind of like a mix of both, and circle and a square. In any case, it's
REALLY FANTASTIC sir. Also enjoy very much how the case has that flat section at
the top leading to the bezel, and crystal. It, as well as the various angles, along with
edges in the case, make it very very memorable in my opinion. Actually the same
thing can probably be said for that coin edge bezel here also. That style is so nice,
and done in such a refined way here. The thinness of it is perfect also because it
doesn't take anything away from the case or anything. It only adds more charm
to the watch I think. Even the way the dial is designed is flawless. You have that
classic black, backed up by a such a subtle, AND cool marker ring that only brings
more intrique to the table. The different markers, along with their differing sizes is
really outstanding as well, and the way they play off of those unique numbers is
THE BEST ! There is honestly such a great combination of vintage, and modern
themes here. Whether you are looking at the unbelievable case, or this exceptional
dial, it's neat to see how it all comes together. Even the style of the hands, or the
way the sub-dial looks has that vintage feel to it. The "Zeno Watch Basel", along
with that crazy cool plane kick things up as well ! Smile Can't forget the crown either. It
also plays a part in not only looking good, but even looks as if it reflects the coin edge
look of the bezel. Yowza ! Things like that help make a watch even more enjoyable
in my humble opinion. Hey, and let's not forget the case-back, strap, and clasp here !
Each ONE of them with their refinement, detail, and incredible craftsmanship show
why this Zeno is so outstanding. Think all of this, along with the vintage, and modern
themes of this watch make it timeless Gary ! Congratulations once again, and as
always ..Enjoy !

Timeless watch, outstanding pics !

Last edited by AtomicTom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am

Nice, I like that case and dial. The coin edge bezel makes it pretty unique for a cushion case. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 am

Well, Thanks for the compliments, this is a watch I have never grown tired of looking at (I had a picture saved on my hard drive for the last 3 years), I hope I never get tired of wearing it either. Retro cases like this seem to be my thing Very Happy. My Alpina has a similar case and hands, I actually had to lay the two watch pictures side by side to make sure I wanted to own them both. Zeno makes a lot of other similar watches but this Carre is special....... Zeno Watch Basel 933578

Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 am

great looking Gary. Can see the similarity to the Alpina but only slightly as the Zeno Watch Basel has its own DNA. Another sweet piece in your collection!
Back to top Go down

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 am

Very cool; classic, vintage inspired. Zeno has a great line-up. Love that coin edge bezel!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 pm

First I've seen a coin-edge/pillow-case combination.
Not a big fan of this type of coin-edge on its own, but this I like.

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:45 am

Hi Gary, awesome pick up. I like zeno watches and this one looks great. i had one that i sold to randy aka wagon and wish i would have kept it. Congrats and enjoy. Steve
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks for all the love guys!! cheers

Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 pm

good looking watch, nice case and cool dial!
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I always like Zenos Congrats Zeno Watch Basel 803574
Back to top Go down

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Awesome Zeno 66 - great pick up.

Nice pics too.

Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zeno Watch Basel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeno Watch Basel   Zeno Watch Basel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zeno Watch Basel
Page 1 of 1