The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Citizen Orca

Go down 
+2
Northwestguy
jaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I have been eyeballing the Citizen Ecozilla, but was never quite able to get myself to purchase one. I check watchrecon on a regular basis to see if anything catches my eye, while doing a search for an ecozilla I came across this:

Citizen Orca Orca8
Citizen Orca Orca7
Citizen Orca Orca6o

The Citizen Orca. Hadn't seen this model before and didn't know too much. I started digging around read some reviews and well, I was sold. In my opinion though smaller, it has more personality or panache.

Citizen Orca Orca5
Citizen Orca Orca4

So what to say, 60 click bezel, the click line up dead on to the minute markers. The second hand also lines up perfectly on the minute markers. It is a pet peeve of mine when quartz watches don't do this. I still have a couple, and only my Wittnauer watches are really good about this. It's on a rubber strap, rather comfortable, better than the rubber strap on my Seiko Monster, more on par with the Marine Master rubber strap.

Citizen Orca Orca3
Citizen Orca Orcaq

The dial is outstanding. Really 'pops'. The orange minute hand stands out and the uniquely shaped hour markers are generously covered in lume/paint. If you look close enough the blue dial is slightly translucent and you can actually see what I assume is part of the charging element for the ecodrive technology. From what I've gathered the hour marker shape and colors of the watch are the reason this is called the orca. It is titanium, only drawback is that its a stainless steel case back.

Signed screw down crown, 200M water resistant . Has the marking "Diver's 200M" on the dial which I've learned is not equal to "WR 200M". The "Diver's 200M" means that the watch is tested to ISO6425 standard. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark. The lume is outstanding a cool blue and the pip also has a bright glow.

In closing, I think I made the right choice versus the ecozilla. Never owned an ecozilla, but this watch is slightly smaller at 45mm, very light and I think easier to wear on a daily basis. Thanks for looking!

Citizen Orca Orcalume
Citizen Orca Orca2
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:08 am

Yep - Got one. Nice watch.
Impulse buy at Costco a couple years ago.
Very comfortable - great sleep watch - light, smooth, and legible.
The Japan version has a bracelet available.
Tried to get one but gave up.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 am

Cool Catch! The hands are killer and the dial is pretty neat with the enlarged hour markers.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am

Thar she blows!

Nice Orca!

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:40 am

Thank you guys! This watch will be replacing my Seiko Monster as my beater around the house. It is super comfortable.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Definitely seems like you made the right choice here Azteck ! Very Happy The dial alone makes
it all worth it, and it sounds like from your review, and pics that the quality matches
the outstanding looks also. Smile ..On top of that, it's great that you now have the Orca
because it's almost like a cousin, or brother to the Eco-Zilla in alot of ways. Just the
eye-catching design of the case, and dial markers reminds you of the Eco-Zilla. The
strap seems similar too ! In any case, this orca really IS outstanding sir !!! It has the
kind of fantastic look that you might expect to see at one of the big watch shows
like Basel. ..Honestly, this watch is a REAL show stopper ! Just taking a glance at the
dial is proof enough imho. The style of the markers is like nothing else. They almost
seem as if they are alien-like.alien Really is very enjoyable to see such a unique take on
how markers can look on a watch. Those unforgettable shapes, and how they go back,
and forth from large, to small is spectacular. That 12 o'clock marker is especially nice
also with it's red/orange section in the center of it. Cool !!! ..Speaking of cool, those
hands are again, VERY unique, along with show stopping as well. They have that same
bulging, and bending that happens with the markers, but it's just a little more subtle,
but still just as enjoyable imho. The orange is EXCELENT too. Even the second hand
is extremely attractive, and it's great that it lines up so perfectly with the markers. Citizen Orca 803574
..Also noticing that section in the center that you are talking about Azteck that must
be the charging area ! THAT is REALLY neat ! It has a slightly different color to it, and
adds yet another intriguing look, along with aspect to the watch. Even the chapter ring
is exceptionally done with all of the markings, along with accents. Seems like Citizen
thought of everything here with this one. You can even see that this bezel is on another
level sir. Those extraterrestrial markers are back, reflecting the ones on the dial. While
that pattern in black, with all of the markings, and numbers makes it's own excitement
also. same could be said for the side-view of the bezel. It too has some extraordinary
looks, along with quality craftsmanship with the knurling on it, as well as smoother
section. Boy oh boy, that is GREAT, and the manner in which the dial, and bezel then
melt into the case is outstanding as well. ..It again is something you might expect to
see in show stopping watch at a watch show. Just the different kind of shape, material,
along with all around design is exceptional. Could just find new things to enjoy about
this watch every minute, of every day when you stop, and think about it. Mainly because
there is a real combining of quality, and design by Citizen here in my opinion. You have
ALL of the outstanding looks, backed up by ALL of the outstanding quality, fit, and finish
too. Even the knurled crown, along with strap are OUTSTANDING, and THAT has to be
one of the main themes with this new Citizen of yours Azteck ! cheers Congratulations to
you, and of course ..enjoy !!!

Outstanding watch, and pictures !

Associate
Breez

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Yep, I have one as well. Great watch. I bought the titanium bracelet for it. Too light for me, I think I might sell mine in the future. But anyway, you are RIGHT. The dial really POPS. I wish the Ecozilla had a blue dial like that one. I love the watch's look. Congrats on yours and enjoy. It is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Very nice. I really like the dial and hands!
Back to top Go down

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am

smellody wrote:
Very nice. I really like the dial and hands!

That's really my favorite part of it too. Hey breez, if you would consider selling the bracelet give me a shot at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Citizen Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Orca   Citizen Orca Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citizen Orca
Page 1 of 1