The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Predator by Rochet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

The Predator by Rochet Empty
PostSubject: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Not sure if everyone has seen this one already, but just in case, here is a new watch
from the French watch company Rochet. It is called the Predator, and it has a 48mm
case, and 200-400m water resistance. The watch also comes on a mesh bracelet,
or with a rubber strap. Movements include a Miyota 2405 quartz, along with a Seiko
YT58 Automatic Generating System Kinetic movement for the Limited Edition DLC
version of the watch. A variety of dial colors are available, and the Predator comes in
a yellow case/box. Here is a the link to Oceanictime, where you can find this info, as
well as some pictures of the watches..

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011/05/rochet-predator.html

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:53 am

Great looking to be sure...but 48mm puts it right there on the verge of 'circus freak large' if it was 43-45mm maybe.

Kenetic is dead BTW for collectors...no way to keep them charged...if you have only one or two you wear than maybe it's OK. Even Seiko is moving away and towards solar power.

The Predator by Rochet Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Looks like a Helson and a Megladon had sex...

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Great looking to be sure...but 48mm puts it right there on the verge of 'circus freak large' if it was 43-45mm maybe.

Kenetic is dead BTW for collectors...no way to keep them charged...if you have only one or two you wear than maybe it's OK. Even Seiko is moving away and towards solar power.

Anomaly wrote:
Looks like a Helson and a Megladon had sex...

Great points about the size of these Gary. I wonder if they will add in those 43-45mm at some point
also. Just went to their website, and looked around at some of their other watches by the way, and
wasn't able to find if there were different sizes. ..Thanks for the extra information about Kinetic, and
solar movements too. Hadn't known about that to tell the truth ! The Predator by Rochet 803574

Alan, I see what you are saying about this Rochet ! lol! Definitely some familiar, yet different things
happening with the markers. Also like how the bezel style sets off the mesh bracelet here !

Here is their link by the way guys..
http://www.rochetworld.com/lang/en/univers-rochet/montres

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 am

Yes an amazing looking watch, but having tried one on, it made my wrist look...rather small! The design is simply stunning, and it has to be said... Rochet Predator Watch is just about the coolest name ever for a timepiece!

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 pm

alanpeterson wrote:
Yes an amazing looking watch, but having tried one on, it made my wrist look...rather small! The design is simply stunning, and it has to be said... Rochet Predator Watch is just about the coolest name ever for a timepiece!

Oh nice, that is very cool that you had the chance to try one of these on alanpeterson ! Cool The Predator by Rochet 803574
Can imagine the size problem you are talking about as well. Sometimes our eyes are bigger
than our wrists. cyclops Still, just as you said, it is pretty great looking, and has a terrific name to
match.

Welcome to the forum by the way ! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:31 am

After some deliberation, I decided to go for it!

Bought it from RockCandy in Edinburgh..... have to say, not as big as I had expected... the watch just ooozes quality!

Rochet Predator Watch
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:56 pm

alanpeterson wrote:
After some deliberation, I decided to go for it!

Bought it from RockCandy in Edinburgh..... have to say, not as big as I had expected... the watch just ooozes quality!

Rochet Predator Watch

That's really GREAT ! Smile Congratulations !!! These watches look, and from what you are saying, sound
very very nice too. Seems like you get the best of both worlds with excellent looks, and quality. I hope
you will really enjoy it !

PostSubject: Re: The Predator by Rochet   The Predator by Rochet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Predator by Rochet
Page 1 of 1