The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panerai Radiomir 42mm

Go down 
+2
Northwestguy
mrneddles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrneddles
Associate
mrneddles

Panerai Radiomir 42mm Empty
PostSubject: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I had the Panerai Radiomir base (45mm) for about a year and have loved its simplicity and casework. On a recent trip to Chicago, I made the mistake of trying on the new in-house movement 42mm Radiomir released in 2010. On my 7 inch wrist, the watch just fits nicer. The smaller case retains its curvy Italian beauty without the "Look at me" 45mm case. I was smitten.

I was able to sell my former love 210 to obtain a 337 from the Panerai boutique in NYC (with some added funds on my end). Two days later it is comfortably in my box. Here are some pics and early thoughts.

The P.999/1 is a slim hand cranker, allowing for a lower profile case than in the 210. This makes the watch a bit dressier. The burgundy leather strap with white stitches however keeps it sporty. The small seconds indicator at 9 o'clock makes it clear the watch is still alive (I always have a small bit of anxiety when checking the time on a watch without a moving second hand). The movement has a 60 hour power reserve, which is seems robust. I also like the added touch of the signed buckle below.

The most important part...it is mrsneddles approved!

Thanks for checking it out.

Panerai Radiomir 42mm Ry%3D480
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Perfect size! Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Ah mrneddles, quite the nice piece! One of my favs from Panerai. Love everything about it except that you beat me to it, Laughing . Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:35 am

Perfect size! my 6.5 inch wrist takes 42mm watches great! Love the soft bouts on this casing...congrats!
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:14 pm

damn nice watch! The inhouse movement is what makes this watch so cool and I even love the case
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Great watch man...

...one of the most distinctive designs in all of watchdom!

Congrats and Enjoy!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Mrneddles, this Panerai is just off the charts !!! Very Happy ..It has ALL of the looks, and ALL
of the quality you could want in a perfect package. The size seems to be just right
also. What a stunner ! Must be very enjoyable having this one to add to your other
Panerai, and also see the differences, or similarities between them. It's one of those
watches that you can find yourself staring at all of the time. Whether on your wrist,
or on a table, or desk, this watch is perfect, and easy on the eyes. Congratulations
on making this one part of your collection. ..Just the way your new Radomir seems
to be flawless at every turn is pretty outstanding imho. There really isn't one part of
the watch that doesn't fit in. Each piece genuinely works by itself, but also to help
make every other part of the watch look great also. Just take the case for example.
There is this very cool simplicity about it that draws you in. However, once you start
discovering more about the case, you see that there is evidently SO much that went
into making the case look simple. It's really a piece of art ! Panerai Radiomir 42mm 46145 The curviness of it
alone is enough to make you smile with all of it's subtle edges, and soft turns. From
the side you can really notice all that goes into the case. Almost has this cool boat
shape if you look closely imho, and that area near the crytsal that rises up around
it is THE BEST also. WOW ! ..Even the case-back on your new Panerai has the most
attractive look you could hope for with it's incredible angles. Add to that, those neat
screws, and of course an unforgettable movement, and you have an impressive
formula for perfection. What is so enjoyable, is that you can look at this watch in
so many different ways. Because each part works so well by itself, you can find
yourself getting lost in the individual parts, like the movement, or the case. However,
it's the whole package together, that really STUNS ! cyclops ..The next piece of the watch to
show this would be the dial. By itself you once again could see yourself spending alot
of time finding out new, and exciting things to enjoy, or appreciate about it. Those
unique markers which have this line/elongated oval theme with them are phenomenal.
So are the numbers, and the way they curve, and turn. It's just amazing seeing how
much went into bringing this dial together. Even the hands, especially the ones in the
sub-dial, mirror the elegant look of the case with it's own curves. So on the one hand
you have a watch that does everything flawlessly with it's individual parts, and then
on the other, you have a watch that brings it all together perfectly as a whole. It's
very cool to see imho. Even the crown, beautiful lugs, and classy strap are perfect
here. Congratulations to you once again, and I hope you enjoy !

Flawless watch, AND pictures !

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Radiomir 42mm   Panerai Radiomir 42mm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panerai Radiomir 42mm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: