The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Empty
PostSubject: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:45 am

Sunday 1:00 a.m. pacific and Monday 12:00 a.m. pacific
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:03 am

I did see it Steve. Didn't realize how much computerized machinery performed so much of the work.................. I thought there would at least be a person manually operating the machines for example; the decorations on the movement, etc. The watchmaker (at least what I think of watchmaking) has a very small roll in Panerai and probably in many other brands as well. Wonder if watchmaking wil end up like most other things.....when it breaks, throw it away and buy new? Sad
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah john, it surprised me to. the episode with blancpain showed true watchmakers, with mostly hands on. one person from start to finish. i can see why blancpain cost what they do. I never saw anything special about panerais they all look the same to me and now that i have seen how little hands on work is done, i realy think they are way over priced!! this is my opinion. Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Missed it!! gotta look for the rerun!!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 pm

cski wrote:
Missed it!! gotta look for the rerun!!
tonight at 12:00 a.m. pacific
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 am

I'll check it out
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 pm

I evidently missed both airings Steve ! Sad We'll have to see if it's on again
some time this week that's for sure ! ..Thanks for the heads up though.
It sounds like a good one ! Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" 803574

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

I saw it.

Interesting to see the back and forth between human/machine. Actually surprised that Panerai agreed to this. Also kinda weird to be included with how to make Turbo Chargers and Enchiladas on the same show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 am

Here ya go!

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh cool Chris ! Smile Never did end up seeing this. Thank you very very much !!! Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" 46145
I liked all of the attention to detail, along with all of the testing they do with the
watches. Amazing, just AMAZING to see. Thanks once again for finding this !

PostSubject: Re: Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"   Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panerai Watches on "HOW ITS MADE"
Page 1 of 1