The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hexa Watches

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Not sure if everybody has seen, or heard of this company yet, but Hexa watches is a new
company that is based in Tampa Florida. They will be unveiling their first watch named the
K500 Diver later this Summer.

According to their website it says... "We seek to further the great tradition of mechanical
timepieces by offering purpose-built instruments that integrate new and original design
solutions."

Right now their don't seem to be pictures of watches yet, but there are some cool drawings
of what the K500 might look like on their various websites. Here are some links if you would
like to take a look. I hope you enjoy..

http://www.hexawatches.com/

https://www.facebook.com/hexawatches?sk=photos

http://twitter.com/#!/HexaWatches

Senior Associate

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks for the info Tom.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Thanks for the info Tom.

No problem Mr Rick. Hexa Watches 803574 We'll have to check back in at the website
later in the Summer to see how things turned out with them.

Senior Associate

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Just looked at the schematic. Two features I noticed: Crown placed on the left upper case side, and two...the minute hand reaches into the markers (which I like!) Citizen NY0040 series has the left side crown placement. If their watches are to be mechanical, I wonder which brand movement the company will choose! Some new small companies use the Seiko 6R15 movement. I have this in Noah Fuller's Tsunami. JakeB also uses a variant in his DAGAZ-ZERO watch. Miyota has a new movement out, but I forget the #.......
Nice to see more micro companies in the USA start up!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 pm

thianwong wrote:
Just looked at the schematic. Two features I noticed: Crown placed on the left upper case side, and two...the minute hand reaches into the markers (which I like!) Citizen NY0040 series has the left side crown placement. If their watches are to be mechanical, I wonder which brand movement the company will choose! Some new small companies use the Seiko 6R15 movement. I have this in Noah Fuller's Tsunami. JakeB also uses a variant in his DAGAZ-ZERO watch. Miyota has a new movement out, but I forget the #.......
Nice to see more micro companies in the USA start up!

Had noticed that crown placement as well Thian, it does look pretty neat. ..Did not notice the minute hand
reaching into the markers though. GREAT observation sir ! Hexa Watches 46145 It's going to be interesting seeing how these
watches turn out, as well as what movements they might end up using like you are saying also.

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 am

WOW! They have updated their site and this thing looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Clubertjones wrote:
WOW! They have updated their site and this thing looks awesome.

Thanks very much for the update Clubertjones. Hadn't realized they had put a new picture
up. Hexa Watches 803574 August 24th is just around the corner TOO !

Welcome to XMT by the way ! Smile

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm

I think the reverse crown ( reverse from Seiko location as an example) is a good look. Love to see the price and see the specs.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
I think the reverse crown ( reverse from Seiko location as an example) is a good look. Love to see the price and see the specs.

Definitely John, it's nice to see something a little different like this. Smile Will be fun finding out
more about these in the coming weeks.

Hexa Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hexa Watches   Hexa Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hexa Watches
Page 1 of 1