The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tempest Watch ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Well they got there site up and are taking pre-orders on the new viking. I do like the looks and specs on this watch, they claim each watch is tested to 2000m, anti mag, ceramic bezel, 2824, 6.5mm sapphire crystal, swiss made. BUT pre-order price on non dlc models is $1.185 for a new company with zero feedback, hell when the micro brands hit the market you could get in to most of them for less than half of what these guy's want. granted they are swiss made, but for a new company i think they are over priced. heres a link to there site for those of you who want a look. Steve
http://tempestwatches.com/
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 pm

I was just looking at them too. Nice looking but I don't think I'll be ordering one anytime soon. No
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I tell ya, the only good thing about these micro brands used to be the price. You could get a pretty good watch for $500.00 and under. Hell helson has a watch at 2k, benarus has one over 2k, along comes tempest and wants this kind of money for the one and only watch they have ever made? Come on!! There are a shit load of Real brands that you can get in too for this kind of money. I think i will pass. I am glad they finally listened to me and put the logo on the dial, but they should have taken the name TEMPEST off a it. Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 pm

You make a great point Steve. I honestly love all of these watches, and watch brands.
Unfortunately it's hard to touch them when prices go above that certain price range
that we are used to with microbrands. Maybe these will come down at some point, or
perhaps some more less expensive models will be released in the future too. Guess
we will have to wait, and see, but it's definitely an interesting topic to think, and talk
about. Thanks ! Tempest Watch ??? 803574

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 am

Great looking watch with good specs but, I am in agreement with those before me.............the price is too high for a start-up and what about the future? (service, parts etc.).
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:16 am

The good side is that traditional watches are still being made; creativity and entrepeneurship is alive and well! Downside is that their starting price hits over a grand, as other posters note well. I mean, you can get a JakeB creation (DAGAZ-ZERO ltd) for $350usd! The only exotica about the watch IMO is the ceramic bezel. The ETA movement is no big thing either IMO. Design? not bad...very macho and toolish with that bezel. Only time will tell if this company will survive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tempest Watch ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tempest Watch ???   Tempest Watch ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tempest Watch ???
Page 1 of 1