The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burlington watches

Go down 
+2
Mr Rick
AtomicTom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

The Burlington watch company is a new company that is also based in the United States.
I'm not sure if they have any connection to the company that made watches in the early
1900's. In any case, they seem to make some really nice looking watches. From their
website is says they.."specialize in producing small runs of hand assembled, unique watches.
Every watch is assembled and regulated. Burlington Watch Co. uses only the highest quality
materials from Germany, Switzerland, and the USA." ..Right now there look to be two
series of watches to choose from which are the Mustang MK Series, and the Avro Series.
Each series are limited to 100, have 42mm german made stainless steel cases, bead
blasted, or polished finishes, diamond crowns, AR coated crystals, and 50m WR. Both
watches have Swiss ETA movements. The Mustang MK uses the Swiss ETA 6497-1.
While the Avro LR uses the 6498-1. Both movements are also decorated, and can be
seen through a display back. Even the hands, and dials are done by Lum-Tec. You can
find out this, and more at their website here, I hope you enjoy..

http://www.burlingtonwatches.com/Burlington_Watch_Company.html

Senior Associate

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks for the info Tom. I put them on my 'watch' list.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Looks interesting. The Aero series has a Glycine look to it and the Mustang sort of looks like a Steinhart. However, I like the designs and movements/materials used!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 pm

really nice looking dials with great lume,

The cases are from Roland Kemmner and assembled by Chris Pappas in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Kemmner does good work! I like his diver a lot!

Senior Consigliere

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 am

I'm glad you guys like these. Smile

Mr Rick, you're very welcome. These are definitely ones to keep an eye on ! cyclops

Mark, I think you are right about the Glycine, and Steinhart comparison, and the overall
design, quality, materials, and movements seem top notch too as you pointed out ! Burlington watches 803574

Want to thank you for the GREAT information about the watches, and who is behind them
Ron. Burlington watches 46145 Sounds like these are some really serious watches made by some serious watch
people !

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:28 pm

New to the forum and first post. Looks like a great watch forum just discovered today.

Great looking watch. Only available online? Are the crystals saphire?
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello and welcome. I'm new also, and have found a very friendly group here.

Good questions about the Burlington watches. They appear to be a very small company so their watches are probably only available directly from them. As to the crystal. I also noticed they did not mention the crystal material. However they do mention the 'display back' so I would imagine both the crystal and back are sapphire.
Back to top Go down

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks, looks like good value for the price. Does anyone actually own one of their watches?
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please post in the "introduce yourself" section and tell us a bit about yourself so that others can meet you!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:50 pm

barnbuilder wrote:
really nice looking dials with great lume,

The cases are from Roland Kemmner and assembled by Chris Pappas in the U.S.

Chris Pappas is the guy behind Wilson Watch Works in NC. It's got to be the same guy. Will have to take another look at Burlington.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi rgilbert24 ! Awesome to talk with you. Welcome to XMT ! Smile Definitely seem like some nice
watches, but don't own one. Just found out about the brand a couple of days ago. Thanks to
Mr Rick for covering your question about the crystals, and also the one about where they can
be bought too. Burlington watches 46145

Also, Mark, thank you for the information about Mr Pappas being connected to Wilson Watch
Works, and Burlington also. Did not know that ! ..Thanks ! Burlington watches 803574

Burlington watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burlington watches   Burlington watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burlington watches
Page 1 of 1