The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Latest project

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Like Mark, I've been churning away at another project. Frustrating and expletive inducing but always worth it in the end! Just finished this one up after some fine tuning of the seconds hand that kept falling off. I have wanted to do something with an unfinished antique look and came up with this; I stripped a PAM sandwich dial to the bare brass and did the ammonia vapor treatment to age it. Then put it on my Dremel and sanded a circular pattern in the middle. I tried to do black lume but didn't work the way I wanted so I just did a black back ground Initially had painted the background but it made the dial too thick (which made fitting the second hand impossible!) so I just black Sharpied the background dial. I also stripped and aged the hands the same way, scraped off the lume and applied black paint to the spaces. The case and buckle I distressed with a light sanding block on the edges. The strap is another amazing Blue Radish custom. I've included a couple pics he sent before he shipped it to me. DO NOT hesitate in becoming a BR customer, his work is fantastic! Here's a couple of quickie pic, thanks for checking it out

The dial and movement before casing:
Latest project Vintdial1

some finished shots:
Latest project Brass1
Latest project Brass2
Latest project Brass3
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Looks Great Chris! Waaaayyyy move advanced than my project! Someday I will try it again!

Consigliere
smellody

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Looks great! Awesome projects guys.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Man oh man Chris, your latest project here is out of sight !!! Just TREMENDOUS sir ! Latest project 46145
Honestly, you are like a Jedi Master with the modding. Latest project 25866 ..The whole way that
you come up with these uniquely cool, original concepts is awe inspiring. Each watch has
it's very own feel, and personality that is SO enjoyable imho. It's really something to see,
as well as be very proud of. Congratulations on once again creating such an OUTSTANDING
piece to add to your collection ! Very Happy Have to say one more time that the originality of these
watches is really something Chris. You could honestly just keep making these watches, and
not have to worry about buying watches anymore. cheers Seriously, with all of the different
looking designs you are able to come up with, you could add a ton of new watches to your
collection every year without really having to look elsewhere. With this latest creation there
is again so much to take in it's amazing. I like how you were able to not only get that antique
look that you were going for, but also an extremely modern look at the same time. Also think
that it's very impressive how you do all of these different methods like the vapor treatment
for instance. I'm not exactly sure what all of that entails, but I know it's not something
that everyone can do, so that's yet one more unique aspect with your watch here.
Even the way that you decided to make the background dial black is ingenious if you ask
me, and is something that MacGyver would be proud of too. Smile Same goes for the way
you made the circular rings in the dial. You genuinely get this REALLY neat effect with it.
From the outerpart of the dial, you can just notice the rings slightly, and THEN they get
darker near the middle which is very subtle, and VERY cool imho. Also enjoy the way
all of the hands play off of the black, and bronze of the watch. There is definitely that
antique feel happening, but also feel that there is something new, and modern about
the watch as well. There is just something about it that gives you the combination of
both themes imho. Maybe it's the combination of the TERRIFIC looking case with all
of it's curves, tradition, and stainless finish meshing with the ultra cool bronze dial. Or
maybe it's even seeing the distressed look you created on that case, together with
the distressed look of that phenomenal Blue Radish strap it has that helps with this.
In any case, this watch is TREMENDOUS in a variety of ways, and it's got everything
that makes a watch memorable. The case, dial, hands, strap, ALL make this one a
masterpiece Chris. Even noticing how the strap near the case has this tan/bronze
look which mirrors the dial, and almost looks as if there is light reflecting off the dial.
Wow, that is tremendous, and so is the entire watch ! Congrats, this is another one
to be proud of ! ..Keep enjoying !!!

Tremendous watch, and pics as well !

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:24 am

Very cool man and that ain't PHOTOSHOP'd!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 pm

"Spectacular" project Chris! Love the industrial look.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:20 am

cool watch mod Chris!
I've always liked this case and want to do my own someday.

Keep it up, I enjoy seeing your creations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Latest project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest project   Latest project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest project
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: